NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #765 on: <09-03-15/1624:13> »
Found a bug in Move-By-Wire Rank 3 -- it only adds 1d6 to initiative instead of 2d6 like it is supposed to.
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #766 on: <09-04-15/0913:39> »
Found a bug in Move-By-Wire Rank 3 -- it only adds 1d6 to initiative instead of 2d6 like it is supposed to.

That's not a given.  It requires errata, but for the time being, it contains a very clearly written line that says "and Rating 3 offers +3 Reaction, +9 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice."  The Reaction and Initiative bonuses are clearly totals, so one can assume the initiative dice is too.

However, here isn't the place for discussion/debate, I just wanted to illustrate that it's unclear and give the other side of the argument.  Make a thread or look for old ones if you want to say more.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #767 on: <09-04-15/1022:16> »

That's not a given.  It requires errata, but for the time being, it contains a very clearly written line that says "and Rating 3 offers +3 Reaction, +9 Initiative, and +1D6 Initiative Dice."  The Reaction and Initiative bonuses are clearly totals, so one can assume the initiative dice is too.

However, here isn't the place for discussion/debate, I just wanted to illustrate that it's unclear and give the other side of the argument.  Make a thread or look for old ones if you want to say more.

Huh. Joy. More Editorial Goodness. /facepalm

Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: Re-reading it now, I think it was just a reading fail on my end and not an error in the book at all. So...mea culpa. Nothing to see here! Move along, citizen.
« Last Edit: <09-04-15/1033:26> by celondon »
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #768 on: <09-04-15/1047:07> »
Yeah Rating 3 MBW averages out to the equivalent of having rating 3 WR. WR just has greater risk and potentially greater reward.
Playability > verisimilitude.

Japan001

• Newb
« Reply #769 on: <09-06-15/0838:27> »
When are the new metatypes like dryad and the other things in? The book is out some time ago and I can not find it in chummer.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #770 on: <09-06-15/1138:44> »
Its in there, you've just got to select it if you've got the new version.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #771 on: <09-06-15/1142:14> »
And make sure that the "Run Faster" book is enabled in the Options.

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #772 on: <09-06-15/1150:48> »

Speaking of new version, could anyone link to where to get the most recent?  My copy of Chummer 5 doesn't have anything past Run and Gun and the magic book in terms of additional material.  I would love to have one that included Run Faster. 

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #773 on: <09-06-15/1216:16> »
Links are in Chummer 5 Is Alive's signature; you can generally look back a page or two and you'll find a post of his in this thread.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #774 on: <09-06-15/1226:39> »
Links are in Chummer 5 Is Alive's signature; you can generally look back a page or two and you'll find a post of his in this thread.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Thanks!

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #775 on: <09-08-15/1051:04> »
Hey, I apologize if this has already been addressed but I updated to the newest version and my old character sheets won't open now. They're crashing the program.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #776 on: <09-08-15/1135:00> »
Probably lifestyles, I didn't put much effort into backwards compatibility when I implemented the advanced lifestyles.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #777 on: <09-21-15/0057:51> »
Probably lifestyles, I didn't put much effort into backwards compatibility when I implemented the advanced lifestyles.

advanced lifestyles definitely crash the program. basic ones seems to work best.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #778 on: <09-27-15/0746:00> »
Just a head's up in case you haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but the new PDF (Shadows in Focus: City by Shadow Butte) updates the NAN Sioux life module, and has some additional life modules and lifestyle options.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #779 on: <09-27-15/0749:08> »
Generally speaking if a book doesn't personally interest me, I'll wait for someone else to compile the data and import it from there. Winners Don't Use Torrents, according to GOD.