NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #750 on: <08-28-15/1438:47> »
hmm cyberlimb attributes do not add up to dice pools?

hjsong99

• Newb
« Reply #751 on: <08-28-15/1541:37> »
Hello! Great work on Chummer 5! It's been invaluable to my group's sessions!

I had a question/request: is there any way to make notes available for Complex Forms in the same way you can make notes with Spells?

Thanks so much again for continuing to work on this awesome resource!

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #752 on: <08-31-15/2015:19> »
Noticed a calculation error that I can't recall if it has been brought up or not.  Chummer5 is still following the old rules regarding the improvement rating when it comes to the Improved Ability power, rounding down instead of rounding up when it calculates the limit.  Improved Ability is also letting you choose skills that are not permitted by the power or just impossible for an Adept to have (Magical & Resonance).

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #753 on: <09-01-15/0943:53> »
[...]Improved Ability is also letting you choose skills that are [...] impossible for an Adept to have (Magical[...]).

Two words:  Mystic Adept.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #754 on: <09-01-15/0948:38> »
[...]Improved Ability is also letting you choose skills that are [...] impossible for an Adept to have (Magical[...]).

Two words:  Mystic Adept.

Mystic Adept doesn't matter, Improved Ability doesn't work on magical skills.

This power increases the Rating of a specific Combat, Physical, Social, Technical, or Vehicle skill per level of the power. You need to know the skill in order to buy this power for it, and you can’t buy it for skill groups. The maximum improvement possible is your current skill level x 1.5 (rounded up).

So Magical and Resonance skills cannot be bought with it, period.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #755 on: <09-01-15/1006:54> »
Build 171.  Prototype Transhuman PQ not working.  When I take the quality, and add bioware, I lose essence, and a point of magic.  The PQ comes with a NQ.  there are options.  Not sure if it is possible to add that (just like mentor spirits prompt a free adept power).
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #756 on: <09-01-15/1011:24> »
Build 171.  Prototype Transhuman PQ not working.  When I take the quality, and add bioware, I lose essence, and a point of magic.  The PQ comes with a NQ.  there are options.  Not sure if it is possible to add that (just like mentor spirits prompt a free adept power).

Currently, to make it playable, you should go to Cyberware then Bodyware and add an "Essence Antihole" of an appropriate amount equal to whatever you would have lost from the Prototype Transhuman-granted 'ware.  You can't just add 1 Essence worth though, because that will result in you having more than 6 left over if you don't spend exactly 1 Essence of Bioware.  Likely why it'd be difficult to do automatically...

Maybe if there was just an option on Bioware to tick off "Prototype Transhuman" and make it essence free, but require you having the quality first.  I dunno, I'm not a programmer.
« Last Edit: <09-01-15/1013:01> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Wannabekurt

• Newb
« Reply #757 on: <09-02-15/0442:03> »
Okay...I feel really dumb, but I can't get Chummer to let me use anything thats not in the core book.

I got the most recent one, according to this thread, and I checked for updates.

Now what?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #758 on: <09-02-15/0455:56> »
Go to options and set marks on all other sources.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Wannabekurt

• Newb
« Reply #759 on: <09-02-15/0503:11> »
Go to options and set marks on all other sources.

Oh geez. Thank you.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #760 on: <09-02-15/0507:11> »
No problem   :)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #761 on: <09-02-15/0828:19> »
Thanks Firebug. That's a great workaround.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #762 on: <09-02-15/0901:23> »
Maybe if there was just an option on Bioware to tick off "Prototype Transhuman" and make it essence free, but require you having the quality first.  I dunno, I'm not a programmer.
That is more or less the way I intend to do it, yeah. Then throw in some calculations at the character vlidation step to check whether you've got more than 1 Essence worth of gooey bits tagged as belonging to it, then throw an error if so. A day will come when essence antiholes aren't needed!

Wannabekurt

• Newb
« Reply #763 on: <09-02-15/1702:20> »
This may have been addressed, but Restricted Gear does not currently allow items over 12, and I don't know if there's a way to make Chummer recognize the item.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #764 on: <09-02-15/1913:14> »
This may have been addressed, but Restricted Gear does not currently allow items over 12, and I don't know if there's a way to make Chummer recognize the item.

Any time I have that problem, I manually edit the 'ignore creation rules' tag into the save file, but that is a crude workaround.