NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #720 on: <08-16-15/0900:20> »
How do you get the armor stacks to go in chummer 5? I could have sworn you could add gear like armor before.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #721 on: <08-16-15/1504:30> »
Availability on Platelet Factory is 8 in C5, 12 in SR5. :(

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #722 on: <08-17-15/2052:14> »
This isnt a bug per-se, but the bonus to Recoil Comp that Gas Vent systems provide is not being shown in the calculations when you hover over the RC under gun stats. it IS however being calculated in the number shown.

and just because i dont think ive said it yet, but thanks for maintaining this program. i love it and its easier to keep track of things using it than with paper and pencil!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #723 on: <08-18-15/0819:18> »
A request:
Can someone with more knowledge of XML integrate the Claw bioweapons from CF? I tried to make a custom file but failed miserably  :-[
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #724 on: <08-18-15/1049:49> »
A request:
Can someone with more knowledge of XML integrate the Claw bioweapons from CF? I tried to make a custom file but failed miserably  :-[
Put this into your custom Bioware.xml file:

<bioware>
         <id></id>
         <name>Claws (Bio-weapon)</name>
         <category>Bio-Weapons</category>
         <ess>0.1</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>4R</avail>
         <cost>500</cost>
         <addweapon>Claws (Bio-weapon)</addweapon>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>
      <bioware>
         <id></id>
         <name>Retractable Claws (Bio-weapon)</name>
         <ess>0.15</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>6R</avail>
         <cost>1000</cost>
         <addweapon>Retractable Claws (Bio-weapon)</addweapon>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>

The weapons already exist in the Weapons.xml file, and just need the bioware implants to call it.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #725 on: <08-18-15/1640:23> »
Thanks SpellBinder, much appreciated. :)
talk think matrix

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #726 on: <08-18-15/1717:40> »
A request:

<bioware>
         <id></id>
         <ess>0.1</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>4R</avail>
         <cost>500</cost>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>
      <bioware>
         <id></id>
         <ess>0.15</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>6R</avail>
         <cost>1000</cost>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>

The weapons already exist in the Weapons.xml file, and just need the bioware implants to call it.

The entry in the Weapons.xml file IIRC is the version for metagenic claws which are slightly different than Bio-weapon claws.  What I had to do was add another entry in my custom weapon file  and call it claws II or something.  Bio-weapon claws are a little better than the metagenic version. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #727 on: <08-18-15/1720:48> »
That would explain why I'm receiving an error when I try to implant them :-\
talk think matrix

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #728 on: <08-18-15/1743:22> »

This entry tells Chummer what weapon to add from the weapons file.  So if you don't have a weapon of this name in the file then it won't add and you take an error. 

<weapon>
         <name>Retractable Claws II</name>
         <category>Bio Weaponry</category>
         <type>Melee</type>
         <conceal>0</conceal>
         <accuracy>Physical</accuracy>
         <reach>1</reach>
         <damage>(STR+1)P</damage>
         <ap>-3</ap>
         <mode>0</mode>
         <rc>0</rc>
         <ammo>0</ammo>
         <avail>6R</avail>
         <cost>2000</cost>
         <allowaccessory>false</allowaccessory>
         <useskill>Unarmed Combat</useskill>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </weapon>

Here is my entry in my Custom_Weapons.xml file.  You just need to make sure the name matches what is in the addweapon tag in the bio weapon entry.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #729 on: <08-18-15/1812:38> »
Is everyone else having issues with the Restricted Gear quality?  It doesn't seem to actually work.  I made a character with it and I still get told I have one item (I have an Alphaware Move-By-Wire System, Rating 2) that is too high availability.  If I could manually adjust the general availability limit after I began making a character, that'd be fine, but I can't.  I don't really wanna have to just remake the character after doing that if I don't have to.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #730 on: <08-18-15/2130:14> »
A request:

<bioware>
         <id></id>
         <ess>0.1</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>4R</avail>
         <cost>500</cost>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>
      <bioware>
         <id></id>
         <ess>0.15</ess>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <capacity>0</capacity>
         <avail>6R</avail>
         <cost>1000</cost>
         <source>CF</source>
         <page>120</page>
      </bioware>

The entry in the Weapons.xml file IIRC is the version for metagenic claws which are slightly different than Bio-weapon claws.  What I had to do was add another entry in my custom weapon file  and call it claws II or something.  Bio-weapon claws are a little better than the metagenic version.
Interesting, as when I looked at the stats for the bioware claws in the XML they were identical to the combat stats outlined in CF.  I will admit that I just wrote the code and never implemented or tested it myself.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #731 on: <08-18-15/2221:48> »
You are correct.  I didn't see the new entries in the update.  However, you made a mistake in your custom entry.  By default .Net is case sensitive when doing comparisons and your entry is Retractable Claws (Bio-weapon) while the entry in the Weapons.xml is Retractable Claws (Bio-Weapon).  These entries are not equivalent so no match. 

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #732 on: <08-18-15/2320:15> »
Funny, and I caught that bit with the Cyber Hold-Out issue a few pages back.  Guess I should've done a C&P of the names instead of typing as it looked like a lower case 'W' when I was looking at the XML code.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #733 on: <08-25-15/1017:58> »
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.173
There's something janky going on with auto-update on my machine, so it might not be working properly for you guys either. If it fails, just download the binary and overwrite your folder contents, I guess?

Build 173:
Application Change:

UAC prompt removed.
Dumpshock link changed to issue tracker.
A First-pass effort at adding a filter for Missions-restricted items has been added to the Options menu. Will be getting a later review to enable better filtering of the qualities, but for now it's just a global option.
Fixed a bug with life modules where Tír Tairngire wouldn't show demographics.
Chummer now handles essence holes automatically. Old items may need to be re-added.
College Education/School of Hard Knocks/Linguist and Jack of All Trades work properly for knowledge skills during character creation. Again.
Most of the functionality for Infected has been implemented. Todo: Fix up the free attribute gain to not use qualities because it's ugly, and put in the data files content.
N of M contact points in priority build works again.
Fixed an issue where chummer failed to open when clicking on a .chum5 file.
Implemented functionality for the quality "Friends in High Places".
Save/Load methods for Advanced Lifestyles should actually work properly now, but it's still a bit fragile. Bugs are to be expected, particularly if you change your mind a lot.
Most issues with adepts getting levels of powers from multiple sources should be resolved. (Mentor Spirits, Foci, etc.)
Rounding issue for Recoil Compensation from Strength resolved.
Variable costs for Qualities enabled to support the Rank quality. May eventually lead into redoing the way Qualities with multiple ratings work, because High Pain Tolerance (Rating 6) offends me every time I scroll past it.
Data Change:

Organising data file contents into regions to keep things easy to work with.
Rank Quality added.
The Debug Lifestyle has been hidden.
Lifemodules no longer contains a "Magical Education (Archetype)".
Tír is now spelled correctly a few more places.
Equipment, Weapon and Ammo PACKs from run faster added. There are a couple of important caveats with this: First, we generally haven't bothered to input PACKs that are a single item. If someone would like to write them up then that's fine, but there's only so many hours of data entry one can do. Second, items that don't currently exist haven't been added in, like backpacks. Again, mostly a tedium thing but the PACKs code doesn't play nice with Custom Item and I don't like littering up the data files with fluff items. Items not added include:
Backpack.
Sound-link on the earbuds.
Disposable inhaler from Cheap Soldier Pack.
Orange vest from Sportsman Pack.
Reusable Syringe from Tranq Darter Pack and Tranq Pistol Darter Pack.
Bug-out bag's dufflebag.
Mechanic Shop's duct-tape.
Surveillance pack's Periscope.
Infiltration Kit contains a Micro-Transceiver on the assumption that that's the correct item.
Medium Machine gunner pack doesn't contain ammo belts, but does come with the ammo.
Ammo packs not added as stacks split among multiple types of weapons is not possible in Chummer5a.
Rigger Pack gets Reaction Enhancers instead of the mythical reflex enhancers. Come on guys, it's a list of items. Seriously, if you need an editor I'm sure there's tons of people who'd be happy to sign an NDA.
Big Boom Pistoleer pack has 190 rounds of heavy regular amunition, because Chummer doesn't care about your brass.
Most lifestyles ignored, per the 'we can't be bothered adding single items' policy mentioned above.
Gunbunny pack not added as it contains unattached accessories, which Chummer doesn't currently like handling. To be added in a future patch.
Some custom packs added from reddit's shadowrun comunitieswith permission from /u/NotB0b and ShadowNET SysOp.
Fixed an issue with the Extreme Cyberimplant and Junkyard Jaw from Chrome Flesh.
Pulse Weave costs Rating * 3000.
New strings:

Message_HighContact
Checkbox_Options_Missions

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #734 on: <08-25-15/1240:50> »
An error I noticed:

When you make a character with an implanted Cyberdeck, it adds a new locations to your Gear section.  However, when you go into Created, that Location disappears and what's in it is inaccessible as far as I could find.  My decker's cyberdeck was nowhere to be found.

A small functionality flaw that exists but would be (perhaps, I don't know) a pain to deal with is buying cyberware that isn't installed.  This comes up because of the ability for limbs to be modular, but no way (currently) for a player to use chummer to purchase a limb they can swap with it without the program thinking you just bought/installed another limb normally.  I suppose this was thought of as soon as the modular upgrade was added to chummer, though...
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.