NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #630 on: <10-07-14/1508:31> »
The best way to search in a topic if something has already been mentioned, is press the print button at the top-right corner. This gives you a read of the entire topic without avatars, where you can easily search without having to work through all the pages.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #631 on: <10-07-14/1650:57> »
Haven't seen Adam in a bit. Is he still kickin'?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Gendo

• Newb
« Reply #632 on: <10-07-14/1732:15> »
Ariketh: I use Chummer 0.0.5.139, in karma logs expenditures are correct and gymnastic 5 is on character sheet and skill tab. Troube is probably only with gymnastic skill, becouse other skills are correct.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #633 on: <10-07-14/1742:53> »
I was wondering about Adam too.  Even checked the thread on the other boards.  Looks like the last time he logged on was 9/25, about 3 days after he last posted in this thread.  He said that he had been pulling 12s.  Right after that, a new book and two erratta's came out.  Hopefully he didn't decide that this was too much to keep up with.  Wish there was a way some of us could help.  I don't know the first thing about coding.  I'd be willing to contribute to his purchase of new materials to keep Chummer current, but don't know how to do that. 

M
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #634 on: <10-09-14/1626:46> »
Hi guys - does anyone know at AP standards for?

Not trying to pick on you, but it highlights something I'd like to bring up that I have seen a bit through this thread. This question is problematic. We don't know if you're seeing this on weapon stats, or in the spot where the book & page is listed for each of the rules references, etc. It really behooves you (generic, not specific) to be more precise. The more precise you are, the fewer questions we (the community) have to ask to get what you mean. (Or randomly toss out, as prismite was kind enough to do.)

Similarly, when providing a bug report, details can be crucial. "X doesn't work" is nice, but it's not always helpful. Details are better. Zwischenzug's description of the Damage Compensators is pretty good. It describes what was wrong and how it was wrong. Also, if there is a specific action that doesn't work right, steps to reproduce it help, like "When adding a modification, the mod window pops up, but when I select anything (single click), it crashes. But if I double click, it adds the mod just fine."

Finally, search. (Old man shouts at clouds, news at 11.) It usually works well. Character creation priority status ("chummer priority") and public awareness ("chummer public awareness") have been mentioned in the thread already. Also, there is a slightly outdated, but still useful wiki that has information about basic use, like career mode.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, just pointing out that you can help us help you and that you might get a faster answer if you do some searching. (Rather than waiting for someone else to respond.)

Thanks for you time,
Ariketh

Point taken - it was a book reference, I don't recall where, I'll try to be more precise in future.

I eventually found the books.xml so I'm aware now.

To be fair I did try searching google, this forum, and the chummer wiki, without success, before posting.

Thanks for your help,
Brasso

The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #635 on: <10-09-14/1934:29> »
To be fair I did try searching google, this forum, and the chummer wiki, without success, before posting.

All good. :) We're here to help each other out in one form or another. Well, in this thread at least.  ;D

Ariketh: I use Chummer 0.0.5.139, in karma logs expenditures are correct and gymnastic 5 is on character sheet and skill tab. Troube is probably only with gymnastic skill, becouse other skills are correct.

Oh, that is probably why I can't reproduce it. I'm apparently using the version before. (5.138) Due to the translator.exe crash I can't get it to update. I know the workaround is reinstalling, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. You'll probably have to send that character file to Adam with a brief explanation via email. The addy is srchummer5@gmail.com. And if you lose it or this post, know that it's also available in the OP.

I was wondering about Adam too.  Even checked the thread on the other boards.  Looks like the last time he logged on was 9/25, about 3 days after he last posted in this thread.  He said that he had been pulling 12s.  Right after that, a new book and two erratta's came out.  Hopefully he didn't decide that this was too much to keep up with.  Wish there was a way some of us could help.  I don't know the first thing about coding.  I'd be willing to contribute to his purchase of new materials to keep Chummer current, but don't know how to do that. 

I'm not really worried. I don't think this is the longest he's taken a break from posting. Chummer isn't an easy project. Between his long shifts and personal stuff, he just probably doesn't have the time to devote at the moment.

As for helping out, you can! But it would require learning a bit of xml. There's the community conversion project for old SR4 stuff, as noted in my sig. I'm still bogged down in doing the critter and critter power conversions. It's slow work mostly because I only know enough xml to assist with Chummer. (Templates are my friend.)

That said! Even if you don't want to assist with the conversions, getting the new info coded into a file Adam can copy/paste into the final production files should help him out. I'd email him to be sure you aren't duplicating work he's already done.

-Ariketh

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #636 on: <10-09-14/2006:27> »
Between his long shifts and personal stuff, he just probably doesn't have the time to devote at the moment.
I'm hoping he's actually getting the chance to play some Shadowrun between work and Chummer, etc.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #637 on: <10-11-14/0733:00> »
found another problem  :P
when bonding a qi focus the power is deducted from your power points total :o
defeating the purpose of the focus :(

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #638 on: <10-23-14/1340:48> »
Bump.

Let's not let this die.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #639 on: <10-23-14/1344:59> »
Something that I've noticed which is not horribly wrong, but still annoying, is a glitch when you select "Change Priority Selection". After you select your new Priorities, you have to change all your Attributes again, otherwise all the derived stuff like Knowledge Skills, Limits, and Contacts, don't add up correctly. Also, if you change from a Mystic Adept to a Mage, the Power Point counter is still there. They aren't big things, and I've gotten used to them, but just something to note.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #640 on: <10-23-14/1556:51> »
found another problem  :P
when bonding a qi focus the power is deducted from your power points total :o
defeating the purpose of the focus :(

From what I found this is only true for "stackable" powers that don't stack in Chummer such as Improved Reflexes.  It isn't a bug so much as a not so obvious (to the user) way of handling it.  If, for example, you want to take a Force 4 Qi Focus for Improved Reflexes 2 then it will add the cost for the Improved Reflexes 1 automatically so you don't want to add it in yourself.  If I get a Force 4 Qi focus for Mystic Armor then it gives me two levels of "free" MA on the powers tab which I can add two normally.  At least, that is how it is behaving for me.  If you are still seeing an issue you probably want to describe the process in which the issue is occurring.

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #641 on: <10-23-14/1942:43> »
you're correct :)
its strange how it works :-\

8-bit

« Reply #642 on: <10-24-14/2350:08> »
This is not so much a bug, but just a missing feature from Street Grimoire. I currently don't see any way to add Enhancements from Adept Ways to a character. They are little bonuses that can be bought for 2 Karma to enhance a power if the Adept belongs to the correct way. I know Adam has a long list of stuff to do, but this is just a little extra that would be very useful.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #643 on: <10-25-14/1148:05> »
This is not so much a bug, but just a missing feature from Street Grimoire. I currently don't see any way to add Enhancements from Adept Ways to a character. They are little bonuses that can be bought for 2 Karma to enhance a power if the Adept belongs to the correct way. I know Adam has a long list of stuff to do, but this is just a little extra that would be very useful.

Underneath the focus box on the gear page there is a box to check if the focus gets a discount from a way.  From what I can see, however, that box goes away once you are in career mode so that would need to be fixed.

Soulbinder

• Newb
« Reply #644 on: <11-02-14/1344:05> »
Hi,

I really like using chummer for my chars! I can see a lot of work has already gone into this project. Unfortunately there seem to be a few issues with the skillgroup management. Because it has been a while since the last update, I decided to download the code and have a look at it. This the gave rise to further questions. Is this project still being supported? Are the developers around?

I want to report the following bugs:

Bug 1: In creation mode raise a skill (eg automatics) with ActiveSkill Points. Save the char. Load the char. The Skills former "base" is now listed as "karma". This results in others error for example wron karma remaining amount. The Bug is caused by the operations in clsCharacter.cs 1603ff.

Bug 2: In creation mode raise a skillgroup (eg athletics) to 1. Break the group. Raise a skill from the group (eg running) to 2 with karma. create the char. the point spent on karma is gone, rating is calculated wrong.

I started to investigate this behaviour and had a look into the code for the skillgroup handling. What is the meaning of the skillobject variables "base, karma, freeLevels, rating". My impression was that the invariant

totalSkillRating = groupRating+base+karma+free

is not implemeted correctly for updates of the rightern side entities (or I missunderstood the meaning alltogether). I really like this program and would like to see this fixed! Also willing to lend a hand if need be.

Cheers