NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

justkelly

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #600 on: <09-30-14/2043:21> »
I'm having trouble breaking skill groups and getting it to stay.

I payed to bump blades from 2 to 3 like 3 times and it never saved.
it DID save the record of my having done it 3 times, but never actually did it.

I reported this issue, firearms group, a few weeks ago to Adam and sent him my character sheet to help diagnose the code. Hopefully he'll have resolved this in an upcoming release.
Never ask a woman how old she is...she might tell you and then what would you do.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #601 on: <09-30-14/2104:27> »
My issue with breaking skill groups is that once I do I can't undo it.  I could clear all the values for the skills and skill groups except the one I broke (fields were set to read only.)  I had to start over with the character build because I couldn't see a way around it. 

8-bit

« Reply #602 on: <09-30-14/2106:53> »
I haven't tried it, but if you go to the special tab and select "Change Priority Selection", it might fix it. Just be sure to adjust everything again (like take your attributes off what you want then put them back on) otherwise the derived stuff like Skill Points and Contacts gets glitched.

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #603 on: <09-30-14/2109:04> »
I can get it to save PDF's and everything. I meant to ask how do I get it to look like the PDF in the Chummer5 google drive folder?
That sheet is a WIP.......a very cool sheet
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #604 on: <09-30-14/2206:47> »
I thought so, but I thought I'd check. Also, I have a bug with assessing. I raised it to 9 in chargen, but when u save as finished it reverts to 5.

Exotic ranged lasers also won't boost past 6 in chargen.

Both issues were encountered when using the ignore chargen rules option.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #605 on: <10-01-14/0104:15> »
I've also noticed I can't raise contacts connections rating any higher than 6. it just wont stay.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #606 on: <10-01-14/0124:53> »
Ahh...  that's one of the sheet formats that Adam is playing with.  I don't think it's implemented yet though.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #607 on: <10-01-14/0148:33> »
I haven't tried it, but if you go to the special tab and select "Change Priority Selection", it might fix it. Just be sure to adjust everything again (like take your attributes off what you want then put them back on) otherwise the derived stuff like Skill Points and Contacts gets glitched.

Tried that.  Didn't work.  Thanks though.  ;)

8-bit

« Reply #608 on: <10-01-14/1105:42> »

Tried that.  Didn't work.  Thanks though.  ;)

Well, I tried. Sorry.

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #609 on: <10-01-14/1208:06> »
That PDF is, I believe, a mock-up of what he's aiming for.

And I prefer PdfRedirect over PDF995

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #610 on: <10-01-14/1334:38> »
I can get it to save PDF's and everything. I meant to ask how do I get it to look like the PDF in the Chummer5 google drive folder?

I believe that is the work in progress and mock up of the future character sheet output.

-Ariketh

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #611 on: <10-01-14/1739:28> »
I've also noticed I can't raise contacts connections rating any higher than 6. it just wont stay.

If this is during character creation this is by the rules.  Contacts cannot start with a combined rating over 7.  That would be 6 connection 1 loyalty.
Signature file not found

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #612 on: <10-01-14/2224:15> »
That's fine normally, but you should be able to raise it past 7 points if you check ignore chargen rules, eh?
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #613 on: <10-01-14/2227:30> »
That's fine normally, but you should be able to raise it past 7 points if you check ignore chargen rules, eh?

Well, it specifically says when you hold your cursor over the check box that it only ignore Skill and Attribute maximums. It's intended for GMs to create NPCs, and NPCs don't really need contacts.

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be nice to ignore all rules, but at least the check box tells you what it does.

maquise

• Newb
« Reply #614 on: <10-02-14/0031:55> »
I might be missing something, but I can't seem to find Career mode.