NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #555 on: <09-09-14/1419:19> »
Adam, there's a tablet/phone app developer that has made a interactive character sheet app for both Herolab and PCGen. I've pointed him at this thread because he's indicated some interest in making an app that could support SR Herolab characters.

dysfunctionalapps.blogspot.co.uk/

Very cool. I talked with the guy who wrote Mobile Runner for 4th Edition and he's interested in working on a 5th Edition version but life's been very busy for him. I'd love to see a mobile app that can read Chummer5 files and would be glad to help in any way I can.  I know people want one, I'm just not the guy to write it. Chummer is keeping me very busy just maintaining the main app. I don't have the bandwidth to take on additional work.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #556 on: <09-09-14/1619:05> »
No if only we could get someone to cross-develop for iOS at the same time... :-[

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #557 on: <09-10-14/1223:30> »
One thing about Chummer...it installs and runs from a portable drive...HL does not.
For me it's less portable drive, and more cloud storage like Google and Drop Box :D

Adam - thanks again for your work on this thing.

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #558 on: <09-10-14/1516:32> »
Apologies for double posting, but I've found a new bug. Here's what I think happened, and I can send the character sheet if needed:

Basically I had an implanted cyberdeck, moved the cyberdeck in my gear section down to the Headware Cyberdeck location on the Gear tab, then later went back and deleted Cyberdeck from the implants section. The location was still there and I didn't move it back (I think) and now the deck is missing, but the nuyen is still gone

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #559 on: <09-10-14/1956:30> »
For me it's less portable drive, and more cloud storage like Google and Drop Box :D
Are you actually running it from the cloud, or just storing data?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #560 on: <09-10-14/2104:27> »
Are you actually running it from the cloud, or just storing data?

For me, both. Only need to update the client once, and they point to the same folder for character storage regardless of the computer I run it on.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #561 on: <09-11-14/0849:33> »
Well, that's interesting...have to give it a try. ;)

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #562 on: <09-11-14/1046:42> »
YEah - it's one of those "depends on the service and client" things. 

For me, I use Dropbox which stores a copy of it in the cloud & syncs it locally.  Same thing would work if you use the Google Drive desktop client.  There may be some services out there where you can more easily run things via the cloud, but I've never actually mucked with them myself to give you solid answers.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #563 on: <09-11-14/1448:48> »
More feature requests (cause I know you love these when you are knee deep in a major update):
1. Options for "High Life" (2 from category A and no E) and "Low Life" (No A and 2 from category E) chargen. This seems to be a fairly common house rule from what I've seen in character comment threads and PbP. Might be easier have an option just to allow the arbitrary selection of priorities rather than forcing you to one of each or adding two different priority election methods.
2. Something like PACKS, but for gear mods. Sensor suites and optical/auditory enhancements often either have a few common elements that a given player always likes to include but then add to or maybe even a complete set requiring no modification that they use often. This comes up often for me when adding drones and modifying the sensors in the sensor array, but I've seen gun bunnies with a large array of guns that have two or three mods that are the same on each gun.

The first is probably simple to add (just have a flag disable the auto swapping of priorities code), the second might be a more significant undertaking. Neither is particularly high-priority, but I just wanted to get them in your queue.

Thanks again for working on Chummer!

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #564 on: <09-11-14/1501:56> »
Adam, I'm certain this has been asked before, but...

Could you add a list of Priorities to the Export file, at least for the Text version?
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

decPL

• Newb
« Reply #565 on: <09-12-14/0529:48> »
A most humble feature request as well (despite wanting to do this for quite a while now, I haven't glance at the code even once, so this might, or might not be trivial). Would it be possible to allow adding multiple spare clips to a weapon, or at least streamline the process a bit?

My players have honestly surprised me that they've actually went the blank trenchcoat way in creating their characters (I still remember our old D&D sessions; it must simply be that everyone's 3X+ now), but even a non-wired, work-in-the-shadows professional must consider fighting a few bad guys from time to time, so a few spare clips/weapon are a must.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #566 on: <09-12-14/1425:18> »
A most humble feature request as well (despite wanting to do this for quite a while now, I haven't glance at the code even once, so this might, or might not be trivial). Would it be possible to allow adding multiple spare clips to a weapon, or at least streamline the process a bit?
You can do this currently (add the clips to the weapon as a weapon accessory, then the ammo to the clips as gear), but yes, it can certainly benefit from some streamlining. Adam is looking into this in regards to SINs, so maybe once he's done there he can use the same solution for spare clips as it is also something that can be done multiple ways (as a weapon accessory, as a location, as gear in the gear section with ammo as an plugin, in the gear section as separate items, and probably at least one more way).
Beyond that, I'm looking at how Chummer handles fake SINs and licenses... Right now there's at least six different ways to put them in Chummer and it's not at all clear to the user which one if any is the "right" way to do it.  For example, you can just go to the Gear tab and buy your SINs and Licenses and call it a day.  You can buy a SIN and add licenses to it as a plug in (right click on the SIN).  You can buy a commlink, add the SIN as a plugin to the commlink and add the licenses as plugins to the SIN.  You can buy a fake SIN and add both the licenses and a commlink as plugins to the SIN.  And lastly you can just buy your commlink, licenses and a SIN and use Locations in the gear to cluster them together.  And they're all the "right" way to do it.  But it makes it a real pain in the ass to figure out how to show an ID's section on the character sheet.  But if I change anything in how Chummer handles ID's to make it work better for the sheets, it has to be able to update existing characters to use the new format.  Needless to say, this one is going to take some work.

justkelly

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #567 on: <09-12-14/1500:48> »
I shared with Adam a weird character sheet issue already, but has anyone had a problem raising their automatics skill from 2 to 3?  Meaning it looks like it done (skill number and karma are correct), you save your file and when you come back to it later the karma is still expended, but the rank is still showing 2?
Never ask a woman how old she is...she might tell you and then what would you do.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #568 on: <09-13-14/1402:32> »
Possible error calculating Essence Hole?

I sold my Standard Aluminum Bone Lacing at 20%, then purchased/installed Deltaware Titanium Bone Lacing. The result was a net gain in essence of .25 - so I should (I think?) have an Essence Hole of .25. But instead my Essence went up, and no Essence hole is indicated.

Cyberware total: 1.07 Ess (down from 1.32)
Bioware total: 2.52 Ess
Essence Hole: 0.00

Total Essence Remaining: 2.41 (having gone up from 2.17)

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #569 on: <09-13-14/1927:16> »
Adam:

Under gear, disguise, uniforms: I get an error when I try to purchase a uniform. It says the string isn't correct and crashes.

Thanks,