« Reply #525 on: <08-29-14/0039:18> »
Thanks Ariketh

Didn't see that.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #526 on: <08-29-14/1506:08> »
Thanks Ariketh

Didn't see that.

All good. :) Long thread is long, and there are a bunch of quirks to Chummer. If I was any good at technical writing, I'd think about getting some help files written for Adam to incorporate. But alas, I'll just lurk and answer questions I have the answer to. Well, and assist with the community conversions for it.

-Ariketh

maquise

• Newb
« Reply #527 on: <08-29-14/1725:47> »
Is there a way to include custom Qualities or other rules?

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #528 on: <08-29-14/2020:57> »
Is there a way to include custom Qualities or other rules?

Yes and no.

Some rules are hard coded into Chummer. (Certain calculations, costs, etc). Some of the rules can be fiddled with in the options menu under the House Rules tab.

For custom qualities, gear, etc, that have stats, but otherwise follow the rules? There's a wiki for that, but you will need to know (or be willing to learn) XML.

If you are interested in conversions from SR4 (or some SR3) you can check out my sig for the mentors and tradition conversions I have done and the Community Project: Update to 5th Edition thread for stuff others are working on. The armor updates have been completed by me, and other stuff is in the pipeline from other people. If you want to help out, contributing effort into getting the conversions done would be appreciated. (No money. This is all volunteer.)

-Ariketh

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #529 on: <08-31-14/1601:12> »
This may have been reported before, but I didn't see it on a search through the thread, but it seems to not be accounting for the free contact points given based on charisma - I noticed this as I did everything else in Prime Runner for my character, then went to add contacts last and it was decreasing from my Karma.

Adam

« Reply #530 on: <09-01-14/1223:54> »
This may have been reported before, but I didn't see it on a search through the thread, but it seems to not be accounting for the free contact points given based on charisma - I noticed this as I did everything else in Prime Runner for my character, then went to add contacts last and it was decreasing from my Karma.

Would you please send me a copy of your character to srchummer5@gmail.com?  I've known about this issue but it's tied to something I haven't been able to reproduce reliably and it seems to be tied to the character.  A character file that has the problem would help immensely in getting it found and fixed.

^ This reminds me of something I've been confused about.

When I add a Weapon Focus, I get a pop up that says "Add Value" and it lets me type something in. THEN I get the pop up with the drop down for associating it with a melee weapon.

I'm just not sure what it wants me to type in for "Add Value"? Am I supposed to give it a name? I named THIS  club Billy...

Right now what it's looking for is the name of the weapon you're adding the Weapon Focus to (for example "Combat Axe").  But the real issue here is that it's an incomplete piece of code. 4th Edition used to have both weapon accessories and weapon modifications and Weapon Focus was this weird beastie in original Chummer in that you would buy the Weapon Focus, bind it, and then go to the weapons tab and buy a Weapon Focus weapon modification for zero nuyen at the same force rating and apply it to the weapon in question.  All of this was so that it could fit buying and binding a Weapon Focus just like the other foci AND also be able to apply it to a weapon so it could update the appropriate dice values for that weapon specifically.

When I updated Chummer to 5th Edition one of the issues I had to work with is that weapon modifications don't exist in 5th. Removing them from Chummer broke the Weapon Focus by removing the piece that allows you to connect the Weapon Focus to a specific weapon.  Putting in the text entry was a band-aid on the issue to at least allow you to have it show up somewhere on the character sheet.  Fixing this so that it connects the focus to the weapon in directly is on my to do list and I'm wanting to handle it when binding somewhat like Qi Foci currently do.

I know 90+% of the effort has gone into Chargen.  This post has to do with mages AFTER chargen (spending karma) and Initiating.
This is what I tried to do, (and did not work for me):

1. Initiate tab-- <checked> "schooling", and hit "Add initiate Grade"  I was impressed that it (correctly) took 12 karma, and 10000 Ny from my totals.  Very cool.  Schooling however takes 5 weeks, and the calendar did not auto-advance (I know this is nitpicky)

2. same tab-- right-clicked "grade 1" to add a metamagic.  It would not let me add "Quickening"  unless I unchecked the box that only let me take legal metamagics. The error box said I need criteria: "Quickening"!

3. Calendar tab-- I manually advanced time 5 weeks.  My Lifestyle cost did not cost me any cash.

4.  Improvements tab-- select Quickening.  Forces me to give it a name and it does nothing.  Doing this did put a "quickening" button in the Spells tab! (good)

5. Spells tab-- click on my spell (Increase Reflexes) and hit the new "quickening" button.  It asks how many karma I want to spend (very nice), I hit 1, which it subtracts from my total, but nothing happens (my initiative score is unchanged, but I do lose a karma point).  Shouldn't it ask for the Force of the spell and how many successes it had, so it could modify the Initiative properly?

I know this is all advanced stuff, so I am just putting it on the list, for whenever...

Thanks for Chummer5.

1. I'm hesitant to auto-advance the calendar in any circumstance because it's possible that something happens during those 5 weeks other than just Initiation.  I might do something with the calendar at some future date to automatically insert values into it but that's a maybe at best.

2. Yes, under 5th Edition as listed in Street Grimoire you have to learn an Art first to gain access to a Metamagic.  So for the Quickening metamagic, you have to learn the Quickening art (I really wish they had named the metamagics and arts differently for those that share names between the art and metamagic).  If you're not using Street Grimoire or want to ignore the Art requirements, you can go to the Tools/Options menu, click on the House Rules tab, and select "Ignore Art Requirements from Street Grimoire".

3. The calendar will not automatically charge you for regular expenses like lifestyles or magical group memberships (or for that matter regular expenses for any addictions).  I might consider this for a feature enhancement farther down the road.

4. This one really gets resolved by #2.

5. Right now Chummer doesn't really understand the effects of the spells it lists.  So while it can handle the karma expenditure of the spell when quickening, it doesn't know what the spell does.  You can go to the Improvements tab and manually add the effects of the spell as an improvement and for now that's the best course for handling quickened spells.  However, there is also work underway to update Chummer so it understands temporary and conditional effects which would include spells among many other things (like drugs, toxins, wireless bonuses, some adept powers, and more).  This is part of the dashboard project that will collect information into one neat UI for handling your character during play.  But the side benefit is that we'll have spell information in place for use with Quickening.

That dashboard project is going side-by-side with the new character sheets because they both need a lot of the same things and both Ed and I are working on them as quickly as we can but it will be a while yet before they're ready for release.

While you are giving the character sheets a pass, I thought I might mention the character sheets at http://www.archaos-jdr.fr/shadowrun5/index.php?page=SR5-personnages.

In addition to being well organized and beautiful, they also arrange the skills in a nice way that keeps skills within the same skill group together. Might be nice to have that as an option in addition to straight alphabetical order.

Fantastic work on Chummer, in case I haven't mentioned it before.

I'm looking at some additional options for sorting and grouping skills but I'm not sure I can go as far as what they have with these sheets.  The main reason why his format works because it's showing all of the skills, even the ones you don't have and can't be defaulted.  For space reasons, I'm not showing skills you don't have.  I'll see what I can do to give some organization options but I just don't know if I can do exactly this style without using a lot more space.

After my most recent update, whenever I print record sheets, it page breaks right in the middle of Melee Weapons (at least with the character I re-print the most). Normally I have it page break right at the end of Melee weapons, so I have Stats, Skills, Armor, Contacts, Qualities, Ranged, and Melee on the front page.

So I'm not sure if it was a change in the style sheet or a change in me having two ranged weapons that prevented it from being able to page break AFTER Melee weapons.

Anyhow, I opened up the Stylesheet and moved some things around. I'm admittedly not very good at reading code, but managed to get the results 95% the way I wanted them and thought I'd toss the file up here for anyone. The major changes are that CONTACTS and QUALITIES are moved to the second sheet, right after GEAR. I also moved MELEE WEAPONS up into the same grouping with ARMOR because you don't need as long of a line for all the melee weapon stats.

The result is that you get ARMOR and MELEE right next to your damage monitor, then RANGED right below it. All close together and tidy. :)

I realize that Adam is making a MUCH better printout stylesheet, but I also realize that it's coming not quite as soon as "now", so in the meantime, here's this thing. Sorry about all the duct tape and bailing wire.

Just go into Chummer5\Sheets\ and rename Shadowrun 5 Base.xslt to Shadowrun 5 Base - Orig.xslt

Then unzip this attached file into the same folder and you're done.

Thank you for putting work into this.  I'll be trying to update the existing sheets and building the new ones as well. While I like the new style sheets, I realize they may not be everyone's cup of tea and so I'll be supporting both styles.  The main hold up on the new character sheets is that they require functionality in Chummer that doesn't exist yet so I'm having to add that first.  This includes two very big items at least... multiple specializations per skill in Career mode (this is getting released in 5.139) and spirit stats (probably 5.140). 

Beyond that, I'm looking at how Chummer handles fake SINs and licenses... Right now there's at least six different ways to put them in Chummer and it's not at all clear to the user which one if any is the "right" way to do it.  For example, you can just go to the Gear tab and buy your SINs and Licenses and call it a day.  You can buy a SIN and add licenses to it as a plug in (right click on the SIN).  You can buy a commlink, add the SIN as a plugin to the commlink and add the licenses as plugins to the SIN.  You can buy a fake SIN and add both the licenses and a commlink as plugins to the SIN.  And lastly you can just buy your commlink, licenses and a SIN and use Locations in the gear to cluster them together.  And they're all the "right" way to do it.  But it makes it a real pain in the ass to figure out how to show an ID's section on the character sheet.  But if I change anything in how Chummer handles ID's to make it work better for the sheets, it has to be able to update existing characters to use the new format.  Needless to say, this one is going to take some work.

Lastly, sorry for not putting together an update earlier.  I've been slacking off over the holiday weekend (for those outside the US, this weekend is a national holiday) and am intending to get some work in today on Chummer.

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #531 on: <09-01-14/1534:10> »
When building characters and then changing things around (sometimes even reprioritizing) I have had issues where when it keep track of the points on the right of the screen that the totals are not always correct. I have seen this issue most on stats and spells and contacts.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - not sure. As a work around, for example, on stats I can subtract 1 then add 1 for all of them and it update the numbers on the right. That works for contact too, but not for spells. Sometimes I have noticed that if I save and exit then come back it will display the correct total.

As a request, would it be possible to copy and past things bought from one character to another?

Again, thanks for all the hard work on this!

Adam

« Reply #532 on: <09-01-14/1654:04> »
When building characters and then changing things around (sometimes even reprioritizing) I have had issues where when it keep track of the points on the right of the screen that the totals are not always correct. I have seen this issue most on stats and spells and contacts.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - not sure. As a work around, for example, on stats I can subtract 1 then add 1 for all of them and it update the numbers on the right. That works for contact too, but not for spells. Sometimes I have noticed that if I save and exit then come back it will display the correct total.

As a request, would it be possible to copy and past things bought from one character to another?

Again, thanks for all the hard work on this!

Glad to help!  There's several possible issues here.  For contact points there is a bug I've finally been able to reproduce on a regular basis and have fixed for the next build (5.139) where it was sometimes failing to calculate contact points.  I've heard of an issue with it not calculating knowledge skill points but haven't been able to duplicate it (if you can, PLEASE send me a copy of your character at srchummer5@gmail.com so I can reproduce the issue).  I've not heard of an issue relating to attribute points but again, if you can duplicate this please send me a copy of your character.

You should be able to copy and paste between characters the same as copying on the same character.  Not everything has copy and paste enabled (particularly in career mode) but most things do.

Adam

« Reply #533 on: <09-01-14/1848:52> »
This is mostly a bug fix update with one new feature (you can now have multiple specializations on skills after character creation) so it's a minor release... but it's also a big deal because with that new feature Chummer now has full support for 5th Edition with the exception of a few items that will be released with the coming new character sheets and the dashboard feature. 

And as it is now supporting 5th Edition in full, I'm pulling off the beta tag.  That doesn't mean Chummer is done or that I'm not doing more on it, just that there really isn't a good reason to keep on saying that Chummer is in beta.  The bugs that are coming in are fairly minor and while there will likely always be some bugs to be fixed, Chummer is pretty stable now.

Build 5.139
- Added in the ability to multi-specialize in skills post character creation.
- Updated Mnemonic Enhancer to provide its bonus to the Mental Limit and Memory Tests.
- Updated Tailored Pheromones to provide a flat bonus to the social limit instead of a limit modifier.
- Fixed a bug with Qi Foci that could prevent it from showing the power it provides in the bound foci list.
- Updated Martial Arts so that it prevents taking the same Technique via the same Martial Art so you can have stacked bonuses.
- Fixed the Advanced Safety System from Run and Gun so that it would be available for use.
- Added the new spirits from Spirit Grimoire to the specialization lists for each of the Summoning skils.
- Fixed a bug that would occur when undoing adding a submersion grade in Career mode that was preventing it from correctly removing echoes attached to that submersion grade.
- Fixed a bug that was causing vehicles to show a Signal rating which was an artifact from 4th Edition.
- Fixed a bug that was failing to calculate the available contact points.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing multiple attributes at maximum during character creation if the character had the Exceptional Attribute positive quality.
- Fixed the tooltip showing the karma values for raising magic in career mode.

In addition, I have a few items on my bug list that I just can't reproduce no matter how hard I try. So I'm going to list them here and if anyone can duplicate them, please let me know so I can work with you to duplicate the bug and get it fixed.

- When you advance your Character, the Condition Modifier does not track if you have High Pain Tolerance or Pain Resistance.
- You can't buy sensors to add to sensor tags, since they're apparently tied to sensor housings.
- dunno if you missed my earlier post but you also cannot add any imaging enhancements currently to scopes or smartguns even though they are allowed them (3 capacity on scopes, 1 on smartgun), as there is no option in the weapon accessory dialog as there used to be in SR4a chummer
- Dwarf characters don't seem to be getting the normal 20% added to lifestyle costs.  Trolls look like they work fine though.
- Essence for German skilljack is .1 per rating
- If I take a quality that changes my life style costs (for example: dependent) -> then choose a lifestyle -> then delete the quality, the price of the style does not change. This is clearly a gimmick. I just wanted to inform you
- Weapons on drones don’t get the full list of available weapon accessories

Lastly, if anyone knows if there's any official errata about the drain values for the Critter Form and Shapechange spells (they appear to be reversed), I'd really appreciate it so I know what I should do with their DV's.  Thank you!

GrendelDave

• Newb
« Reply #534 on: <09-01-14/1912:45> »
Hrmm the Argentum Coat is still tanking my AGI/REA when it's the only armor I'm wearing.
Vexing. Guess I'll just put the Lined Coat back on and pencil in the differences. :D

Still, awesome job. I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate the hard work you've done!
« Last Edit: <09-01-14/1933:02> by GrendelDave »

justkelly

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #535 on: <09-01-14/1913:50> »
WOW....Just WOW!!!!  Awesome work guys. Thank you!!!
Never ask a woman how old she is...she might tell you and then what would you do.

Adam

« Reply #536 on: <09-01-14/1919:14> »
Hrmm the Argentum Coat is still tanking my AGI/REA when it's the only armor I'm wearing.
Vexing. Guess I'll just put the Lined Coat back on and pencil in the differences. :D

I'll take a look at that specifically and see if I can get a fix together for 5.140.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #537 on: <09-01-14/2235:54> »
As others have said Adam, thanks for all your efforts and work on this, it is very much appreciated.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #538 on: <09-02-14/0024:34> »

Are you sure the coat isn't applying the +4 armor modifier bonus?  If so, that could cause the problem.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

maquise

• Newb
« Reply #539 on: <09-02-14/0036:19> »
Whenever I attempt to update my Chummer, I get the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: J:\Files\Gaming\charactersheets\Chummer5.115\Translator.exe
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
   at Chummer.frmUpdate.FetchXML()
   at Chummer.frmUpdate.frmUpdate_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 0.0.5.137
    Win32 Version: 0.0.5.137
    CodeBase: file:///J:/Files/Gaming/charactersheets/Chummer5.115/Chummer5.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Data.SqlXml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll
System.Xml.Xsl.CompiledQuery.1
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also, I was wondering if you could have an Export option for basic text lines, that would be useful in PbP games. Or some form of web-friendly export.
« Last Edit: <09-02-14/0038:50> by maquise »