NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #510 on: <08-26-14/1955:37> »
Yep, the new GM sheet has condition monitors (it's one of the big things I've wanted on those sheets so I could use them more easily for NPCs).  I'm basing the design for it off of the new main sheet I've put up the mock-up of.

Am I reading between the lines correctly here that we can import .chum5 files from our players as well as any NPC characters we use, and print off their core stats and vitals via the GM sheet?

*drool*

That's the idea.  A one-page sheet with just the vitals. Enough to get a synopsis of a player's character or to serve as an NPC sheet.  What I'm looking at right now is using the same style as the mock-up I shared but simplified to just show name, descriptive stats, attributes, movement, limits, initiative, condition monitor, qualities, active and knowledge skills with points spent on them, weapons, armor, spells, powers, implants, gear, and notes.  I'm still tinkering with it to both get a better format and to try to fit in a few more bits. It's still very much a work in progress which is why I haven't shared the mock-up for it yet.

By the way, thank you to the folks who sent in characters. I've been using the characters you sent in with the mock-ups to see how the content fits in the designs.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #511 on: <08-26-14/2205:10> »

By the way, thank you to the folks who sent in characters. I've been using the characters you sent in with the mock-ups to see how the content fits in the designs.

Want more? ;)
« Last Edit: <08-31-14/2314:34> by MadDogMaddux »

Valkyrie

• Newb
« Reply #512 on: <08-27-14/0831:50> »
Thanks for doing this!  Just used the latest build last night and found 2 bugs:

If I cap out an exceptional attribute, the system allows me to cap another attribute. I have an elf with Logic 7, and it allowed me to also take Intuition to 6.

I have a smartlink retinal implant (not a full cybereye).  The accuracy bonus is being applied to my smartgun-equipped weapons, but not the dice pool bonus of 2.  (No dice pool bonus is actually being applied).

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Adam

« Reply #513 on: <08-27-14/0956:58> »

If I cap out an exceptional attribute, the system allows me to cap another attribute. I have an elf with Logic 7, and it allowed me to also take Intuition to 6.

I have a smartlink retinal implant (not a full cybereye).  The accuracy bonus is being applied to my smartgun-equipped weapons, but not the dice pool bonus of 2.  (No dice pool bonus is actually being applied).

Good catch on the exceptional attribute. I'll put it on my list to fix.

The smartlink actually isn't a bug, it's an un-implemented feature.  ;)  In short, right now Chummer doesn't handle wireless bonuses.  My intention is to add those in with full support sometime in the coming month.  I've mentioned my friend Ed on occasion, he's helping me right now by working on a dashboard within Chummer that will better support using Chummer during play to track your character's stats and status.  I'm going to be working with him to implement wireless bonuses as well as other temporary bonuses like drugs, spells, and powers so that they have support both within Chummer and better support for them on the character sheet.  So it's coming, it just won't be immediately.

adzling

« Reply #514 on: <08-27-14/1023:47> »
An in-play dashboard would be excellent Adam!

Good catch on the exceptional attribute. I'll put it on my list to fix.

The smartlink actually isn't a bug, it's an un-implemented feature.  ;)  In short, right now Chummer doesn't handle wireless bonuses.  My intention is to add those in with full support sometime in the coming month.  I've mentioned my friend Ed on occasion, he's helping me right now by working on a dashboard within Chummer that will better support using Chummer during play to track your character's stats and status.  I'm going to be working with him to implement wireless bonuses as well as other temporary bonuses like drugs, spells, and powers so that they have support both within Chummer and better support for them on the character sheet.  So it's coming, it just won't be immediately.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #515 on: <08-28-14/0715:23> »
Quote from: SR5 Core pg 460
Tailored pheromones also work on you to make you feel better about yourself; increase your Social limit by the Rating
Quote from: Chummer 5, limits tab
Tailored pheromones [+2] (only in person)

I might be the only one reading it as such, but I don't think tailored pheromones affecting you Social Limit is in any way limited by proximity to your social "target". They are affecting how YOU feel about yourself.

Also, Mnemonic Enhancers aren't adding to Mental Limit currently.

Lastly, all the thanks for the work you are putting into this Adam. Much appreciated.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #516 on: <08-28-14/0932:15> »
Pheromones in Shadowrun have historically ALWAYS worked by affecting your target, not yourself.

I don't see why that would change in 5th edition.

-k

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #517 on: <08-28-14/1003:31> »
Because the rule book explicitly says "...also work on you..."?
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Adam

« Reply #518 on: <08-28-14/1049:31> »
Pheromones in Shadowrun have historically ALWAYS worked by affecting your target, not yourself.

I don't see why that would change in 5th edition.
-k

I think it's part of the general shift to limits as another form of bonus that things can provide.  There's a lot of extra little bonuses littered around now.

I'll be updating Chummer to have Tailored Pheromones just provide a flat bonus rather than a conditional limit modifier.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #519 on: <08-28-14/1513:46> »
After my most recent update, whenever I print record sheets, it page breaks right in the middle of Melee Weapons (at least with the character I re-print the most). Normally I have it page break right at the end of Melee weapons, so I have Stats, Skills, Armor, Contacts, Qualities, Ranged, and Melee on the front page.

So I'm not sure if it was a change in the style sheet or a change in me having two ranged weapons that prevented it from being able to page break AFTER Melee weapons.

Anyhow, I opened up the Stylesheet and moved some things around. I'm admittedly not very good at reading code, but managed to get the results 95% the way I wanted them and thought I'd toss the file up here for anyone. The major changes are that CONTACTS and QUALITIES are moved to the second sheet, right after GEAR. I also moved MELEE WEAPONS up into the same grouping with ARMOR because you don't need as long of a line for all the melee weapon stats.

The result is that you get ARMOR and MELEE right next to your damage monitor, then RANGED right below it. All close together and tidy. :)

I realize that Adam is making a MUCH better printout stylesheet, but I also realize that it's coming not quite as soon as "now", so in the meantime, here's this thing. Sorry about all the duct tape and bailing wire.

Just go into Chummer5\Sheets\ and rename Shadowrun 5 Base.xslt to Shadowrun 5 Base - Orig.xslt

Then unzip this attached file into the same folder and you're done.
« Last Edit: <08-28-14/1516:15> by MadDogMaddux »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #520 on: <08-28-14/1642:34> »
While you are giving the character sheets a pass, I thought I might mention the character sheets at http://www.archaos-jdr.fr/shadowrun5/index.php?page=SR5-personnages.

In addition to being well organized and beautiful, they also arrange the skills in a nice way that keeps skills within the same skill group together. Might be nice to have that as an option in addition to straight alphabetical order.

Fantastic work on Chummer, in case I haven't mentioned it before.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #521 on: <08-28-14/1757:26> »
I know 90+% of the effort has gone into Chargen.  This post has to do with mages AFTER chargen (spending karma) and Initiating.
This is what I tried to do, (and did not work for me):

1. Initiate tab-- <checked> "schooling", and hit "Add initiate Grade"  I was impressed that it (correctly) took 12 karma, and 10000 Ny from my totals.  Very cool.  Schooling however takes 5 weeks, and the calendar did not auto-advance (I know this is nitpicky)

2. same tab-- right-clicked "grade 1" to add a metamagic.  It would not let me add "Quickening"  unless I unchecked the box that only let me take legal metamagics. The error box said I need criteria: "Quickening"!

3. Calendar tab-- I manually advanced time 5 weeks.  My Lifestyle cost did not cost me any cash.

4.  Improvements tab-- select Quickening.  Forces me to give it a name and it does nothing.  Doing this did put a "quickening" button in the Spells tab! (good)

5. Spells tab-- click on my spell (Increase Reflexes) and hit the new "quickening" button.  It asks how many karma I want to spend (very nice), I hit 1, which it subtracts from my total, but nothing happens (my initiative score is unchanged, but I do lose a karma point).  Shouldn't it ask for the Force of the spell and how many successes it had, so it could modify the Initiative properly?

I know this is all advanced stuff, so I am just putting it on the list, for whenever...

Thanks for Chummer5.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #522 on: <08-28-14/1805:17> »
^ This reminds me of something I've been confused about.

When I add a Weapon Focus, I get a pop up that says "Add Value" and it lets me type something in. THEN I get the pop up with the drop down for associating it with a melee weapon.

I'm just not sure what it wants me to type in for "Add Value"? Am I supposed to give it a name? I named THIS  club Billy...

12Trees

• Newb
« Reply #523 on: <08-28-14/1849:26> »
When I just have the Mortimer of London: Greatcoat it shows up as 3 armor.  This is the amount it gives if stacked and that total would be correct.  The Greatcoat on its own should be 10 Armor.  So far this is the only issue that I have found recently.

Maybe someday in the future this can become an app that I could use on an android device?  Personally selling it (and yes I would pay) via Amazon would be great so it will work on my Fire HDX.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #524 on: <08-28-14/1942:35> »
When I just have the Mortimer of London: Greatcoat it shows up as 3 armor.  This is the amount it gives if stacked and that total would be correct.  The Greatcoat on its own should be 10 Armor.  So far this is the only issue that I have found recently.

This was addressed in posts 470 to 476 of this thread, and the extant bug was fixed in version 5.138.

Assuming you are updated to 5.138, to get the base value of the coats to show, you will need to unequip *all* your other armor. Two ways to do this: Select each piece of armor and manually uncheck the "equipped" checkbox to the right. OR click on the "Selected Armor" line in the armor listing. A button for "unequip all" will show to your right. Click it. Then go to the coat, and manually click the checkbox to equip it again. Only the primary armor piece counts, any modifications can remain "equipped", as they technically aren't.

Note that any equipped clothing in the armor tab (armored or not) will count as equipped armor.

-Ariketh
« Last Edit: <08-28-14/1945:01> by Ariketh »