NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #495 on: <08-25-14/1907:46> »
We need to find a Java Decker to team you up with. I'd LOVE to have an option to run Chummer5 on my Android, or at least to export an interactive character sheet to my phone. #pipedreaming

There was an app for Chummer 4 called Mobile Runner.  You might see about reaching out to that developer.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Adam

« Reply #496 on: <08-25-14/1919:05> »
We need to find a Java Decker to team you up with. I'd LOVE to have an option to run Chummer5 on my Android, or at least to export an interactive character sheet to my phone. #pipedreaming

There was an app for Chummer 4 called Mobile Runner.  You might see about reaching out to that developer.

I already have.  He told me that he was interested in the project and was going to take a shot but that was about 3 weeks ago or more and I haven't heard back from him since.  Was intending on touching base with him again soon.

justkelly

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #497 on: <08-25-14/2010:37> »

It's still very much a work in progress but you'll find a PDF mock-up of what I'm currently working on for the new main character sheet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j5wMS6KHqMMHllcFkyTF8yQ0U/edit?usp=sharing

Love where you are heading with the character sheet.

I enjoyed reading the character background in your sample..  Can you share more of that too?
Never ask a woman how old she is...she might tell you and then what would you do.

Adam

« Reply #498 on: <08-25-14/2033:49> »

I enjoyed reading the character background in your sample..  Can you share more of that too?

Thank you!  I've attached the character file it's from but don't want to get too sidetracked from the subject at hand.  It's my character when I get to play (one of the guys in my group occasionally spells me out so I can play now and then).

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #499 on: <08-25-14/2118:14> »
The final won't be as long because it won't have as many sections (no character will have spells, cyberware, decking, rigging, and adept powers all at once... at least I hope not and if you do a long character sheet is the least of your worries). 

Challenge Accepted!

Adam

« Reply #500 on: <08-25-14/2128:26> »
The final won't be as long because it won't have as many sections (no character will have spells, cyberware, decking, rigging, and adept powers all at once...

Challenge Accepted!  :P

The final won't be as long because it won't have as many sections (no character will have spells, cyberware, decking, rigging, and adept powers all at once... at least I hope not and if you do a long character sheet is the least of your worries). 

Challenge Accepted!

I really do need to be a bit more cautious when I say stuff like that...

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #501 on: <08-25-14/2341:22> »

It's still very much a work in progress but you'll find a PDF mock-up of what I'm currently working on for the new main character sheet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j5wMS6KHqMMHllcFkyTF8yQ0U/edit?usp=sharing

Me too, especially how compact and clear the damage boxen are!

One request: Could you move [COMMON ROLLS] to the first page? I'd LOVE to be able to do the bulk of my quick navigating on sheet one, without having to turn pages! And could we add damage soak to Common Rolls?

Thanks again, definitely can't say it enough! Chummer5 has singlehandedly engendered the creation of several new characters in my gaming group. Char gen just went from necessary to fun!

Adam

« Reply #502 on: <08-25-14/2357:20> »
Me too, especially how compact and clear the damage boxen are!

One request: Could you move [COMMON ROLLS] to the first page? I'd LOVE to be able to do the bulk of my quick navigating on sheet one, without having to turn pages! And could we add damage soak to Common Rolls?

Thanks again, definitely can't say it enough! Chummer5 has singlehandedly engendered the creation of several new characters in my gaming group. Char gen just went from necessary to fun!

My intention is to try to get Common Rolls onto the first page if I can make room.  And what I'm wanting to do with the Common Rolls section is to let you pick skills, weapons, spells, defense rolls, etc... whatever you feel is common for your character with the option to add standard mods to the rolls and have it show in that box.  More than likely a limited number... 10 or 12 max.  But enough that you can pick out the things you roll a lot of and have it in one easy to find location.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #503 on: <08-26-14/0021:18> »

My intention is to try to get Common Rolls onto the first page if I can make room.  And what I'm wanting to do with the Common Rolls section is to let you pick skills, weapons, spells, defense rolls, etc... whatever you feel is common for your character with the option to add standard mods to the rolls and have it show in that box.  More than likely a limited number... 10 or 12 max.  But enough that you can pick out the things you roll a lot of and have it in one easy to find location.

LOVE!!!

Seriously, I was going to ask if that would be a possibility, but didn't want to come across as demanding. :P

Adam

« Reply #504 on: <08-26-14/0719:57> »

LOVE!!!

Seriously, I was going to ask if that would be a possibility, but didn't want to come across as demanding. :P

I'm glad you guys like the direction I'm going with this.  Usually I don't show previews but working on this is taking (and going to continue to take) a fair chunk of time relative to a lot of the work I've done so I didn't want people to think that because the builds slowed down that I'd given up or taken a break.  Some work just takes longer to get it done.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #505 on: <08-26-14/0925:09> »
I'm glad you guys like the direction I'm going with this.  Usually I don't show previews but working on this is taking (and going to continue to take) a fair chunk of time relative to a lot of the work I've done so I didn't want people to think that because the builds slowed down that I'd given up or taken a break.  Some work just takes longer to get it done.

Pace yourself, omae. The last thing ANY of us wants is for you to get burned out.  ;)

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #506 on: <08-26-14/1417:21> »

That is a really cool looking character sheet.....very easy to navigate
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #507 on: <08-26-14/1720:05> »
Adam,
  Love the new sheet.  Will love customizable "Common Rolls" and hoping the GM summary includes condition monitors.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Edited for grammar.
Signature file not found

Adam

« Reply #508 on: <08-26-14/1819:37> »
Adam,
  Love the new sheet.  Will love customizable "Common Rolls" and hoping the GM summary includes condition monitors.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Edited for grammar.

Yep, the new GM sheet has condition monitors (it's one of the big things I've wanted on those sheets so I could use them more easily for NPCs).  I'm basing the design for it off of the new main sheet I've put up the mock-up of.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #509 on: <08-26-14/1851:23> »
Yep, the new GM sheet has condition monitors (it's one of the big things I've wanted on those sheets so I could use them more easily for NPCs).  I'm basing the design for it off of the new main sheet I've put up the mock-up of.

Am I reading between the lines correctly here that we can import .chum5 files from our players as well as any NPC characters we use, and print off their core stats and vitals via the GM sheet?

*drool*