NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #480 on: <08-22-14/1858:12> »
Adam I email you a copy of my decker named Codeswitch. Hope it helps.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #481 on: <08-22-14/1928:38> »
Getting an error related to the Translator file when I try to update.

I had the same issue. Assuming it was a quirk to my installation (since I have a bunch of custom stuff), I reinstalled and updated again. No errors after the fact.

-Ariketh

PiDub314

• Newb
« Reply #482 on: <08-24-14/0502:38> »
First off, awesome job and I love seeing Chummer updated for SR5!  Thanks to everybody that's put in work this project.

My searching of forums may have been unsuccessful and this may have already been brought up, but I'm finding some calculation errors for Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness as of build 5.138.  In Career mode, looking at my Character Info tab, I see the following errors in the base scores (the ones you can mouse-over but not the adjustable fields):

1) Street Cred is rounding up/down based on the decimal of Karma/10.  According to the SR5 core book, this should always round down, pg372.

2) Notoriety seems to not be adjusted for qualities as listed on the core book, pg 372.  In my case, my character has an addiction that should be giving him 1 base point of Notoriety.

3) Public Awareness has a calculation on mouse-over of (Street Cred + Notoriety)/3.  I find no such formula in the core book, pg372-373.

I have not really gotten much time to access and peruse any additional rule books, so there are perhaps changes to these mechanics that I'm unaware of.

Adam

« Reply #483 on: <08-24-14/0824:33> »
Getting an error related to the Translator file when I try to update.

I had the same issue. Assuming it was a quirk to my installation (since I have a bunch of custom stuff), I reinstalled and updated again. No errors after the fact.

-Ariketh

In short, there was an error in the update code that I think I fixed in build 5.136. I'm keeping a really close eye on this issue meaning if you've fixed this issue by re-installing from the zip file and get it again come 5.139, I'll pull the Translator from the update until I can figure out how to resolve the issue.  The update code was designed to only download a single executable... Chummer itself. I've kinda had to work around a lot of code there to get it to download a second executable for the Translator and it's possible I've missed something even though I've been pouring over that code with a fine toothed comb.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #484 on: <08-24-14/0843:27> »
Thanks Adam. Downloading a fresh install seemed to fix my issues also.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

fyrebug72

• Newb
« Reply #485 on: <08-24-14/1036:57> »
Can someone post a link to the current version download?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #486 on: <08-24-14/1121:39> »
Can someone post a link to the current version download?
It's in the first post.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #487 on: <08-24-14/1328:03> »
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but i found a math problem in chummer.

I took metatype A, human. After spending all my points and whatnot, i ended up with edge 8 (lucky) and magic 5. The counter on the side says i have 0 special points left to spend.
then i install a datajack. It doesn't drop my magic to 4 as it should, but it DOES tell me i've used one too many special points now and the counter shows -1. I remove and add the datajack and watch the special point counter move back and forth.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #488 on: <08-25-14/1137:21> »
Thanks again for your work with this.  Apologies if you've already been asked this, does Chummer 5 handle Ally spirits at all? 

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #489 on: <08-25-14/1232:26> »
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but i found a math problem in chummer.

I took metatype A, human. After spending all my points and whatnot, i ended up with edge 8 (lucky) and magic 5. The counter on the side says i have 0 special points left to spend.
then i install a datajack. It doesn't drop my magic to 4 as it should, but it DOES tell me i've used one too many special points now and the counter shows -1. I remove and add the datajack and watch the special point counter move back and forth.

I've had that experience too. Basically what you're seeing, is how Chummer5 is handling that rule. Instead of just eating your magic, it's eating your Special Points. Probably not perfect, but it's the same end result. Just lower the number of special points you spent on Magic and it'll come out even.

Though I would agree that it'd be great if it could be handled more directly in future patches. It was very confusing for me until I figured out what was going on.

Suthainn

• Newb
« Reply #490 on: <08-25-14/1312:26> »
Love all the work you're putting into this Adam it's such a help with creating characters, so many, many thanks!

Also, I think I found an issue with Martial Arts, you're allowed to take the same technique from different styles which you know according to R&G p128 (but with a limit of a +2 bonus/reduction total), however if I try to add two martial arts that allow access to the same technique I can only add the technique to one of them in Chummer.

Thanks again, looking forwards to the character sheet update whenever it arrives! :)
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1314:02> by Suthainn »

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #491 on: <08-25-14/1341:31> »
Love all the work you're putting into this Adam it's such a help with creating characters, so many, many thanks!

Thanks again, looking forwards to the character sheet update whenever it arrives! :)

All this. +1

Adam

« Reply #492 on: <08-25-14/1420:35> »
First off, awesome job and I love seeing Chummer updated for SR5!  Thanks to everybody that's put in work this project.

My searching of forums may have been unsuccessful and this may have already been brought up, but I'm finding some calculation errors for Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness as of build 5.138.  In Career mode, looking at my Character Info tab, I see the following errors in the base scores (the ones you can mouse-over but not the adjustable fields):

1) Street Cred is rounding up/down based on the decimal of Karma/10.  According to the SR5 core book, this should always round down, pg372.

2) Notoriety seems to not be adjusted for qualities as listed on the core book, pg 372.  In my case, my character has an addiction that should be giving him 1 base point of Notoriety.

3) Public Awareness has a calculation on mouse-over of (Street Cred + Notoriety)/3.  I find no such formula in the core book, pg372-373.

I have not really gotten much time to access and peruse any additional rule books, so there are perhaps changes to these mechanics that I'm unaware of.

I'll be honest and say I hadn't taken as close a look as I probably should have at Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness so they're probably exhibiting behavior more appropriate to 4th Edition.  I'll add those to the list before review for the next patch.

Thanks again for your work with this.  Apologies if you've already been asked this, does Chummer 5 handle Ally spirits at all? 

Not really. I left in place the code from 4th Edition that allows creating characters and critters using the karma system but I've barely looked at it so while it's there, I suspect there are a LOT of problems in it that I need to address.  But... part of what I'm working on for the new character sheets is adding in the things Chummer needs to support those sheets and one of those is better support for bound spirits including ally spirits. Once that code is in place, Chummer will track your bound spirits' stats as part of your character and they will show up on your character sheet.  It's a fair amount of work though so it may be a week or two before it's ready for me to release.

I've had that experience too. Basically what you're seeing, is how Chummer5 is handling that rule. Instead of just eating your magic, it's eating your Special Points. Probably not perfect, but it's the same end result. Just lower the number of special points you spent on Magic and it'll come out even.

Though I would agree that it'd be great if it could be handled more directly in future patches. It was very confusing for me until I figured out what was going on.

Correct. Right now if you're in Creation mode it will respond to an essence drop by trying to spend more special attribute points to maintain your current Magic/Resonance score. I can take a different approach but the general rule all of the points related items use is to allow the player to exceed the limits but validate when creating the character.  This is because you'll often tweak the character and it comes down to do you subtract first and then add or add first knowing you're about to subtract elsewhere.

All this. +1

It's still very much a work in progress but you'll find a PDF mock-up of what I'm currently working on for the new main character sheet at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j5wMS6KHqMMHllcFkyTF8yQ0U/edit?usp=sharing

The final won't be as long because it won't have as many sections (no character will have spells, cyberware, decking, rigging, and adept powers all at once... at least I hope not and if you do a long character sheet is the least of your worries).  Also this mock-up isn't intended to show page breaks and I may move some of the sections around.  It's only intended to show what kind of information I'm intending on showing on the new sheet and the rough format.

I'm also working on a new GM summary sheet intended both for the players to give to their GM and for the GM to use for NPCs. And lastly I'm creating a new text only sheet that is nearing completion that is intended for posting to forums such as this and will have options to use BBCode formatting (for both here and Dumpshock).  I have a few more plans for these sheets but they're more long term including being able to paste the text only version back into Chummer and have it recreate the character from the text and I've also been considering a Google Doc output but don't know if that one is even reasonably possible for me.  For now, I'm just focusing on the three new sheets and what I need to do to Chummer to make them work.

I'm going to try to get another bug fix build out in a few days just so I don't leave bugs waiting too long but most of my attention right now is on the new sheets.  Feel free to share your thoughts.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #493 on: <08-25-14/1438:59> »
We need to find a Java Decker to team you up with. I'd LOVE to have an option to run Chummer5 on my Android, or at least to export an interactive character sheet to my phone. #pipedreaming

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #494 on: <08-25-14/1855:17> »
The final won't be as long because it won't have as many sections (no character will have spells, cyberware, decking, rigging, and adept powers all at once...

Challenge Accepted!  :P
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral