NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

adzling

« Reply #435 on: <08-14-14/1105:00> »
having problems with Sensor housing.
Added a Sensor array to my helmet but then I can't seem to find a way to add any actual sensors to the array.
Any ideas?
thanks

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #436 on: <08-14-14/1355:10> »
Right click on the sensor housing and choose "Add as Plugin" then choose the sensors from the sensor function of the gear selection window.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

adzling

« Reply #437 on: <08-14-14/1555:24> »
That did it!
thanks

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #438 on: <08-15-14/0028:55> »
I have had issued with the formatting in the character creation skill screen since the last update. For whatever reason it will not scroll down to all the skills any longer. It stops at about stealth. I have tried to raise/lower the Knowledge Skill bar (making that box bigger or smaller) and it doesn't help.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #439 on: <08-15-14/0409:15> »
This probably isn't the issue, but as a troubleshooter I tend to start with the simple/obvious stuff. Have you tried clicking somewhere outside of a text entry field before scrolling, or scrolling using the scroll bar? Just asking because I often get frustrated when I use the scroll wheel and nothing moves because it is cycling a number entry field.

Either way, I don't have that problem, so if it isn't caused by cursor location, it might be something else on your system causing problems.

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #440 on: <08-15-14/1958:08> »
Thanks, I tried all that and nothing helped. The scroll bar will not let it go past sneaking. However, as a work around, I can lower the Knowledge Bar all the way to the bottom and then it will show past sneaking to Unarmed Combat.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #441 on: <08-16-14/0433:02> »
I think I see what you mean. Even if you enlarge the window to full screen, the scroll list for the skills doesn't grow (even though its containing panel does). Well, it does grow, but only horizontally when it has enough room to add a new column, which is not easy to read because the columns aren't separated by a line so they are hard to tell apart.

But my scroll bar works, so I never had to resize the window to view all the skills. Maybe Adam will have a better idea of the problem.

In the meantime, the left dropdown in the top right of the list panel allows you to filter the skills that are displayed, which might make it easier to work with them without a functional scroll bar.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #442 on: <08-16-14/0749:48> »
It has something to do with the main window size.  If i resize the window to take less screen space then the bottom of both the skill list and the skill group list are cut off.  Also, if I adjust the separator between the Active and Knowledge skill panels The Show All Active Skills button and Add Exotic Skill buttons move with the separator.  Move the separator up and the buttons disappear move the line down and the buttons float over the Active skill listing.  If you resize the window, the distance between the buttons and the separator is adjusted but they still appear to be tied together.
Signature file not found

Adam

« Reply #443 on: <08-18-14/0716:02> »
Sorry I've been quiet folks...  My husband injured his knee and I've been a bit busier than usual taking care of him while he gets through his initial recovery.

I've been working on a build during what time I've had available and am intending to get a new build out in the next day or two (I hope).  Thank you all for your patience.

Adam

twoheadedboy

• Newb
« Reply #444 on: <08-18-14/1250:45> »
Sorry I've been quiet folks...  My husband injured his knee and I've been a bit busier than usual taking care of him while he gets through his initial recovery.

I've been working on a build during what time I've had available and am intending to get a new build out in the next day or two (I hope).  Thank you all for your patience.

Adam

I hope he has a speedy recovery! Thanks for all of your hard work.

martinchaen

« Reply #445 on: <08-18-14/1345:47> »

Adam
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, indeed! Take your time; we're not going anywhere :)

adzling

« Reply #446 on: <08-18-14/1421:18> »
Family comes first!
and I have to say, once more for the record, your tireless work on Chummer 5 has been a godsend to our group.

We also have Herolab but prefer Chummer as it has all the most recent content and you are astoundingly responsive to community input.

pees out

Davidvs

• Chummer
« Reply #447 on: <08-18-14/1608:01> »
Best wishes on his speedy recovery and thanks for everything you do/have done!

Adam

« Reply #448 on: <08-18-14/2100:03> »
Many thanks for the best wishes for my hubby's speedy recovery. He's doing well and is staying propped up in his favorite chair with his leg in a brace (he sprained his knee more or less but it's all soft tissue damage so he should be up and about again soon).

For this build I got a fair number of bugs fixed and updated contacts further by adding a few new fields.  I'm working on new character sheets but they're not quite ready for prime time so I didn't include them in this build. We've also got fresh German translations courtesy of Geg. And speaking of German, I've also added a new "book" containing the items from the German translation of the Shadowrun core book that differ from the English version. Hopefully this will make it easier to use whichever version your table is using.

Build 5.137 (beta)
- Before anything else, I want to thank Geg (chummer5de@gmail.com) for going above and beyond working on the German translation for Chummer. A very large part of Chummer's data files have been translated into German by Geg over the last week and I cannot thank him enough for taking it upon himself to do this.
- In order to resolve differences between the English and German printings, I've added a new book entitled "Shadowrun 5th Edition (German)".  I've attached to this book the German versions of the Raven Mentor Spirit and Skilljack Cyberware.  This should allow German players to use the versions printed in their books and other players to use them if their group is treating those rules as errata to the English book.
- Updated Contacts by splitting the Name field into three fields: Name, Location, and Archetype. The dropdown has been moved to Archetype. Any existing Contacts will show any existing info under Name.  The character sheets have been updated to show the new Contact fields.
- Updated the Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine to use the updated stats provided in the Missions FAQ Update version 1.1.1.
- Removed the Restrictive quality from SWAT Armor that was there in error.
- Fixed a bad tooltip for the Cyberlegs house rule.
- Fixed the price for the Horizon Flying Eye with the Flash Pak and Smoke Grenade option.
- Fixed a bug that was ignoring book selections when showing the list of mentor spirits.
- Fixed the AP modifier for Gel Rounds.
- Changed the Gecko Grip weapon modification to not require that the weapon have a Stock slot.
- Added the missing Strike the Darkness and Neijia Martial Art Techniques.
- Fixed the price of the Armanté Suit and Dress.
- Fixed a formatting problem with the skills list so that the list should now scroll properly.
- Fixed a bug preventing leftover nuyen from being carried over after character creation.
- Added the ability to enter notes for Martial Art Techniques which are also shown on the character sheet.
- Added the Custom Tradition to Career mode.
- Fixed the Drain Resist dice pool for limited spells.
- Fixed the armor calculation for stacking armor including occasionally stacking items like the Mortimer's High-Fashion armor.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent adding the free adept powers granted by a mentor spirit if in Career mode.

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #449 on: <08-18-14/2302:14> »
Awesome work, as always. I'm about to start playing SR after a long hiatus, so I'm really glad to see that Chummer is still active. I have a couple requests (naturally):

1. When you buy spare clips as an accessory for a firearm, it only lets you buy one at a time, and lists each one separately. Can you activate the quantity field, so it acts like the same item in the Gear page?

2. Is there a way to limit the skill listing on the printed sheet so that it hides zero-rank skills? I would also like to see an option that renders the text of these skills in gray; this would let you have every skill on the list still, but the ones you actually know would pop out more.

3. Is there a way to add the descriptive text for items in Chummer's data? I'm not asking for these things to be filled in already — I know you can't. I'd like the option to manually add the descriptions for gear, qualities, etc. so that I can save myself page-flipping time later.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/