NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #420 on: <08-11-14/1106:12> »
A few fixes (including the much desired Contact fix) and a number of items relating around house rules including enemies and initiation/submersion during creation.  Also a big fix to match the RAW for Exceptional Attribute/Lucky and the ability to buy specializations with karma in create mode.  And a small enhancement that adds a list of suggested contacts when adding a new contact.  More on that to come...

Build 5.136 (beta)
- Due to popular request, Enemies are back again. These are not part of 5th Edition (at least not yet) so using them is a house rule.
- The Contacts/Enemies UI has been updated to use tabs rather than being stacked.  This gives a little more room for both contacts and enemies.
- Contacts now show a dropdown list for the name allowing you to enter your own contact information or select one from a list. As of yet, Enemies have no options in the list but this will be added at a later date (suggestions welcome).
- Added logging to the update function. Hopefully this will be helpful in tracking down issues when downloading updates.
- Removed a possible bug that could cause the update to go into a loop.
- Added a new Buy With Karma checkbox to each of the Active and Knowledge skills in Creation mode that allows you to buy the specialization with karma instead of skill points.
- Added tooltips to the house rules on the options dialog to help explain which each house rule does.
- Added a house rule to the Options dialog that will allow Initiation and Submersion during Create mode.
- As it was pointed out to me that I missed the sentence on page 66 that explicitly allows spending Attribute Points on the bonus point granted by Exceptional Attribute or Lucky, I've removed the house rules relating to Exceptional Attribute and am now following the rules as specified.  Sorry for any confusion.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #421 on: <08-11-14/1233:26> »
Minor bug but the tooltip for the house rule "Use Cyberleg Stats for Movement" comes up with the wrong tooltip and says "Enabling this house rule allows Knucks to benefit from bonuses that apply to unarmed attacks including DV bonuses." Only a minor bug though :D

Adam

« Reply #422 on: <08-11-14/1244:04> »
Minor bug but the tooltip for the house rule "Use Cyberleg Stats for Movement" comes up with the wrong tooltip and says "Enabling this house rule allows Knucks to benefit from bonuses that apply to unarmed attacks including DV bonuses." Only a minor bug though :D

D'oh! I'll get it fixed for the next build...

twoheadedboy

• Newb
« Reply #423 on: <08-11-14/1525:35> »
I'm seeing a strange issue. I'm creating a Mystic Adept with two existing levels of Mystic Armor. I then purchase and bind a Force 4 Qi Focus and select Mystic Armor. From then on, whenever I save, close, and reload the character, I find I have an extra Power Point that I have to continually assign to Mystic Armor. The other Qi Foci I purchase work fine, including one that gives my character Enhanced Perception. Any idea why this might be happening? Is this happening to anyone else?

Just making sure my post doesn't get lost. I can supply my character file if necessary. I can also try and figure out the simplest recreate steps.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #424 on: <08-11-14/1836:08> »
SWAT armor is listed with the Restrictive feature,  which isn't in the entry in R&G (pg. 70). Is is restrictive in some errata?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Darq

• Newb
« Reply #425 on: <08-13-14/1931:18> »
App is genius! Thank you. I was working on a C# app to run games with. I am setting to scrapping your XML as we speak err type...

Adam

« Reply #426 on: <08-13-14/2058:10> »
App is genius! Thank you. I was working on a C# app to run games with. I am setting to scrapping your XML as we speak err type...

Glad they're useful to you and that you're liking the app.

SWAT armor is listed with the Restrictive feature,  which isn't in the entry in R&G (pg. 70). Is is restrictive in some errata?

No... unfortunately that one is on me. I'll get it fixed for the next build.

I'm seeing a strange issue. I'm creating a Mystic Adept with two existing levels of Mystic Armor. I then purchase and bind a Force 4 Qi Focus and select Mystic Armor. From then on, whenever I save, close, and reload the character, I find I have an extra Power Point that I have to continually assign to Mystic Armor. The other Qi Foci I purchase work fine, including one that gives my character Enhanced Perception. Any idea why this might be happening? Is this happening to anyone else?

Just making sure my post doesn't get lost. I can supply my character file if necessary. I can also try and figure out the simplest recreate steps.

I've been able to duplicate the bug you've described... I'll get a fix for it as quickly as I can.

Vale

• Newb
  • Living life one nuyen at a time.
« Reply #427 on: <08-13-14/2144:08> »
Just a little notice from random character gen. Synaptic boosters and reaction enhancers don't stack. Same should go for Wired reflexes.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #428 on: <08-13-14/2315:04> »
Just a little notice from random character gen. Synaptic boosters and reaction enhancers don't stack. Same should go for Wired reflexes.
Unless you have your reaction enhancers and wired reflexes in wireless mode - then they do stack, and the combined Reaction bonus can apparently exceed the augmented maximum of +4.[p455]

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #429 on: <08-14-14/0006:31> »
Unless you have your reaction enhancers and wired reflexes in wireless mode - then they do stack, and the combined Reaction bonus can apparently exceed the augmented maximum of +4.[p455]
I'm pretty sure he was saying that Synaptic boosters do not stack with Reaction Enhancers, and also that Synaptic Boosters do not stack with Wired Reflexes, which is true regardless of whether they have wireless enabled. Only Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers stack when wireless enabled. Synaptic Boosters should never stack with anything (except drugs I suspect).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

adzling

« Reply #430 on: <08-14-14/0122:17> »
hey Adam in the latest version of Chummer Voice Control is not adding to my social limit.
It was in previous versions.

Adam

« Reply #431 on: <08-14-14/0701:02> »
hey Adam in the latest version of Chummer Voice Control is not adding to my social limit.

I just checked my local build and it's adding to the social limit (even doing the +1 per rating). If the character you're testing on was created previous to the most recent build, try removing and re-adding the Voice Control power.  As best as I can tell this hasn't changed since build 5.126 so if that doesn't do the trick, please send me a copy of the character so I can try to figure out what's breaking here.

I'm pretty sure he was saying that Synaptic boosters do not stack with Reaction Enhancers, and also that Synaptic Boosters do not stack with Wired Reflexes, which is true regardless of whether they have wireless enabled. Only Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers stack when wireless enabled. Synaptic Boosters should never stack with anything (except drugs I suspect).

True... and I'll take a look. I'm going to have to ponder how to resolve this one because it's not a really easy thing to fix. It probably won't be fixed in the next build but I'll see what I can do.

martinchaen

« Reply #432 on: <08-14-14/0812:47> »

True... and I'll take a look. I'm going to have to ponder how to resolve this one because it's not a really easy thing to fix. It probably won't be fixed in the next build but I'll see what I can do.
[/quote]
I wouldn't worry too much about this one, Adam. As far as I'm concerned, you've got two ways to approach this:

1. Don't do anything
This is a perfectly valid option to my mind; players and GMs both should know that these don't stack, and as long as you cap the maximum Initiative Dice at 5 it's all good.

2. Make Synaptic Boosters incompatible with Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers, as per the book
In other words, if you add one you can't add the other. As far as I know this is a much stricter interpretation, and I don't think the book technically disallows you from adding all three to a character, but you won't gain the benefits from synaptic boosters and Reaction Enhancers/Wired Reflexes, so why on earth would anyone spend that kind of money? I think this is an equally good solution, and should be easy to implement with the current XML rules I've seen for other gear.

My 2¥...

adzling

« Reply #433 on: <08-14-14/1020:41> »
I think it's because the Voice Control is being granted by Raven mentor spirit.

I just checked my local build and it's adding to the social limit (even doing the +1 per rating). If the character you're testing on was created previous to the most recent build, try removing and re-adding the Voice Control power.  As best as I can tell this hasn't changed since build 5.126 so if that doesn't do the trick, please send me a copy of the character so I can try to figure out what's breaking here.

twoheadedboy

• Newb
« Reply #434 on: <08-14-14/1102:37> »

I've been able to duplicate the bug you've described... I'll get a fix for it as quickly as I can.

Thanks a whole bunch! I love this generator, by the way. As a software quality engineer, I appreciate how hard you're working to make it bug-free; lots of devs out there would go, "Meh," and table a bunch of stuff.