NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #375 on: <08-06-14/1721:39> »
Oh wow, that explains it.well then, crossing it off my list. Getting a way used to be quite a bit better in fourth.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #376 on: <08-06-14/1814:03> »
When I add a camera to a sensor array as one of its functions, I cannot specify the rating of the camera and thus it only has a single slot. I think I should be able to add vision enhancements to the camera, though.

The camera like any other sensor function, inherits the rating of the sensor it is attached to.

No, they all show as Rating 0 in a Rating 6 Sensor Array. That camera also has no capacity past 1 that I should be able to use.

I attached the char in question to this post. Go to Street Gear - Armor - Vashon Island Sleeping Tiger - Sensor Array (Rating 6). Check Rating of sensor functions and try adding any more vision enhancements to the camera. (I think this might also affect the microphone I have in there.)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #377 on: <08-07-14/0028:03> »

No, they all show as Rating 0 in a Rating 6 Sensor Array. That camera also has no capacity past 1 that I should be able to use.

I attached the char in question to this post. Go to Street Gear - Armor - Vashon Island Sleeping Tiger - Sensor Array (Rating 6). Check Rating of sensor functions and try adding any more vision enhancements to the camera. (I think this might also affect the microphone I have in there.)

Other things I noted in trying his steps to reproduce:
  • If you add the vision enhancements as plugins and use the "Add & More" button, it automatically selects the item you just added and then the next item you add gets added below that. So if I add Vision Enhancement (Rating 3) to the Camera, then hit "Add & More", then select Vision Magnification and hit Add or "Add & More", the Vision Magnification enhancement is added to the Vision Enhancement (Rating 3) rather than the Camera.
    The camera, at rating 6, should have 6 capacity. I can add 7 capacity worth of enhancements before it complains (when attempting to add the 8th).

Also, not related to Chummer but to the forums, is there a point at which I no longer have to suffer the CAPTCHA and other questions before posting?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #378 on: <08-07-14/0145:47> »
Also, not related to Chummer but to the forums, is there a point at which I no longer have to suffer the CAPTCHA and other questions before posting?

IIRC, 10 posts.

-Ariketh

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #379 on: <08-07-14/1210:54> »
I may be missing something, but looking through the core rule book it mentions nothing about gaining karma from adding enemies which you can do in chummer during character creation? Are you meant to be able to add them or is this some remnants of SR4?

Eranth

• Newb
« Reply #380 on: <08-07-14/1328:31> »
I am not certain this has been mentioned yet (did a quick search and found nothing), but when I added the parashield dart pistol my character uses chummer seems to have issues with it. In order to use the dart pistol you need to have the skill "Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Parashield Dart Pistol". However for purposes of ammunition chummer counts the dart pistol as a special weapon and not an exotic one. This has caused the area underneath the ammunition spot in the gear section to say that I am rolling zero dice for the gun when I have 6 skill points and a 3 agility. Has anyone else noticed this?

Adam

« Reply #381 on: <08-07-14/1342:13> »
I may be missing something, but looking through the core rule book it mentions nothing about gaining karma from adding enemies which you can do in chummer during character creation? Are you meant to be able to add them or is this some remnants of SR4?

Yeah, that's a remnant. I'll get rid of it with the next build (5.134).

I am not certain this has been mentioned yet (did a quick search and found nothing), but when I added the parashield dart pistol my character uses chummer seems to have issues with it. In order to use the dart pistol you need to have the skill "Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Parashield Dart Pistol". However for purposes of ammunition chummer counts the dart pistol as a special weapon and not an exotic one. This has caused the area underneath the ammunition spot in the gear section to say that I am rolling zero dice for the gun when I have 6 skill points and a 3 agility. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'll look into it and see if I can track down the problem.  Thanks for bringing it up!

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #382 on: <08-07-14/1617:05> »
I experienced something last night in Chummer that I am uncertain is a bug or a misunderstanding of the rules on my part, so...here we are.

I have a PhysAd with Magic 6/6, 1 Power Point from Initiation, 2 levels of Light Body free from my Mentor Spirit (Cat) and 2 levels of Adrenaline Rush from a Rating 2 Qi focus.

I added some bioware to the character. This lowered his Magic Rating from 6/6 to 5/6. However, it did not deactivate any given Ability. My understanding is that when I lose the Magic Point due to Essence Loss, I should also lose that many Abilities, as well.
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #383 on: <08-08-14/0324:02> »
Yes, you should. You will loose one of your starting powers if you drop below 6. Or the one bought last, if you drop below 7 after receiving additional PPs, IIRC.
Liber et infractus

Adam

« Reply #384 on: <08-08-14/1104:15> »
I experienced something last night in Chummer that I am uncertain is a bug or a misunderstanding of the rules on my part, so...here we are.

I have a PhysAd with Magic 6/6, 1 Power Point from Initiation, 2 levels of Light Body free from my Mentor Spirit (Cat) and 2 levels of Adrenaline Rush from a Rating 2 Qi focus.

I added some bioware to the character. This lowered his Magic Rating from 6/6 to 5/6. However, it did not deactivate any given Ability. My understanding is that when I lose the Magic Point due to Essence Loss, I should also lose that many Abilities, as well.

You are correct.  It isn't currently subtracting the power point in that case.  I'll get to work on it and get a fix for it as quickly as I can.

Adam

« Reply #385 on: <08-08-14/1441:57> »
I'm updating to include the new translator app for Chummer to enable easier foreign translations.  Unfortunately I'm running into an issue with the auto-update and the new translator so I've disabled auto-update from collecting the new translator app until I can resolve the issue.  You can still get it by downloading the .zip file directly.  I'll resolve it as soon as I can.

Build 5.135 (beta)
- Minor fix to enable downloading the translator app via Chummer update.

Build 5.134 (beta)
- Now includes a translator application (Translator.exe).  This app allows you to create and edit the language files to translate Chummer into non-English languages.  If you're interested in doing a translation for distribution with Chummer, please let me know via srchummer5@gmail.com and we'll make arrangements for you to send me updated language files.  This is the first release of this translator app so please let me know if you run into problems using it. There's a bit more to come for handling translation, this was just the first big step.
- To resolve an issue with Exotic weapon skills, special weapons were moved into the appropriate Exotic weapon category.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Adept Power Points to be miscalculated in Career mode when adding cyber/bioware.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when printing your character.
- Removed the Enemies section as this was a leftover from 4th Edition.
- Removed the duplicate Narcoject entry.
- Added the low-light and infrared flashlights from the core book.

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #386 on: <08-08-14/1548:59> »
the parashield dart pistol is considered an exotic weapon, the 'special' weapons are all exotic weapons and either use the Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Ranged or Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Melee
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

twoheadedboy

• Newb
« Reply #387 on: <08-08-14/1659:03> »
I'm seeing a strange issue. I'm creating a Mystic Adept with two existing levels of Mystic Armor. I then purchase and bind a Force 4 Qi Focus and select Mystic Armor. From then on, whenever I save, close, and reload the character, I find I have an extra Power Point that I have to continually assign to Mystic Armor. The other Qi Foci I purchase work fine, including one that gives my character Enhanced Perception. Any idea why this might be happening? Is this happening to anyone else?
« Last Edit: <08-08-14/1701:19> by twoheadedboy »

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #388 on: <08-08-14/2237:14> »
Another request: please make it possible to switch between standard, street and prime runner rules after initial creation.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #389 on: <08-09-14/1221:15> »
I'm updating to include the new translator app for Chummer to enable easier foreign translations.  Unfortunately I'm running into an issue with the auto-update and the new translator so I've disabled auto-update from collecting the new translator app until I can resolve the issue.  You can still get it by downloading the .zip file directly.  I'll resolve it as soon as I can.

Build 5.135 (beta)
- Minor fix to enable downloading the translator app via Chummer update.

Build 5.134 (beta)
- Now includes a translator application (Translator.exe).  This app allows you to create and edit the language files to translate Chummer into non-English languages.  If you're interested in doing a translation for distribution with Chummer, please let me know via srchummer5@gmail.com and we'll make arrangements for you to send me updated language files.  This is the first release of this translator app so please let me know if you run into problems using it. There's a bit more to come for handling translation, this was just the first big step.
- To resolve an issue with Exotic weapon skills, special weapons were moved into the appropriate Exotic weapon category.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Adept Power Points to be miscalculated in Career mode when adding cyber/bioware.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when printing your character.
- Removed the Enemies section as this was a leftover from 4th Edition.
- Removed the duplicate Narcoject entry.
- Added the low-light and infrared flashlights from the core book.
dunno if you missed my earlier post but you also cannot add any imaging enhancements currently to scopes or smartguns even though they are allowed them (3 capacity on scopes, 1 on smartgun), as there is no option in the weapon accessory dialog as there used to be in SR4a chummer
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor