NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Droopy

• Newb
« Reply #345 on: <07-31-14/1051:38> »
Hi Adam,

Found a new bug, while using Chummer 5, build 5.131

When you add a piece of Cyberware or Bioware, it remove 1 point of Special Attributes.
For example, I have a Human (3) with 3 points available for Special Attributes (3/3).
When I add any piece of Cyberware/Bioware, I immediately lose 1 point (and I have only 2/3 points for Special attributes).
If I choose Ork (0), I have -1/0 when I add Cyberware/Bioware...

Thank you.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #346 on: <07-31-14/1838:32> »
Found a new bug, while using Chummer 5, build 5.131

When you add a piece of Cyberware or Bioware, it remove 1 point of Special Attributes.
For example, I have a Human (3) with 3 points available for Special Attributes (3/3).
When I add any piece of Cyberware/Bioware, I immediately lose 1 point (and I have only 2/3 points for Special attributes).
If I choose Ork (0), I have -1/0 when I add Cyberware/Bioware...

I can confirm this.  I've tried all races except Troll.  It doesn't seem to matter if mundane or not.  If you spend the SAP before choosing Cyber you still lose 1 point putting you in the negative.  In one case (Dwarf  w/ 6 SAP I think) adding a piece of cyber took 2 SAP.  It doesn't matter which piece of cyber and does occur with bioware as well.

Edit: Dwarf (7), Adept 4 Magic.  Metatype Limits on Magic say 4/6 before adding cyber.  After adding a Datajack the SAP went down by 2 and the Metatype Limits on Magic changed to 3/5.  Deleted Cyber and SAP and Magic Limits changed back to previous state.
« Last Edit: <07-31-14/1857:00> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #347 on: <08-01-14/1438:48> »
Thanks for the great program Adam and team

Beta Bug I Found in Primer Runner mod for Chummer 5 version 0.0.5.131

-If you put more then 10 karma into Nuyen and you try to re-load your character you will get an error saying your value is x (X being the number of karma you put into your nuyen) and needs to between the "min" and "Max" values, this will then erase almost ALL of your character and you have to start over.

Sorry not the best at writing beta reports
« Last Edit: <08-01-14/1449:22> by Scawire »
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #348 on: <08-02-14/0014:16> »
First, thanks for the sensor explanation,  my understanding was off.  (It is weird that all sensors cost the same, purely based on their rating)

Using 5.131
I started to make a Troll(5) Magic(3) character.  Gave him exceptional attribute (MAG).  The idea was to pump 4/5 special points into the MAG 3, making it a MAG 7.  MAG cannot go above a 6 however.  Is this because I should not be able to do that, or is the software not letting me do something that is legal?

Thanks in advance, so as not to add too much spam...

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #349 on: <08-02-14/0107:52> »
Possible I just don't know how to do this in the tool.....I see that when I put spurs on a cyber limb, I see the dmg is based upon the str of the cyberlimb in question, which is cool.  But the skill [Agiltiy] isn't.  Anyway to make that happen, and also, to make it show for the dice pool you are probably going to use just with that limb, such as pistols?  Maybe as checkbox.  For that matter, I don't even see the cyberlimb Str & Agi summed up anywhere.  I know this might outside the coding, but any way to make that happen?

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #350 on: <08-02-14/0117:47> »
One more, that just came up with the Troll.
I gave him a squatter, which should cost 500x2 = 1000
It does.
To drop the cost, I made it dangerous (-20%) and cramped (-10%)
The cost dropped to 850.  I expected 700. 
It is as if the 30% only applied to the original 500, and not to the extra x2 of the troll.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #351 on: <08-02-14/0245:30> »
It is as if the 30% only applied to the original 500, and not to the extra x2 of the troll.

Yes. The actual modifier for the troll increase is +100%. This is important because all of the modifiers get totaled, then applied to the original base cost. So in this case, you are looking at +70%. 1.7 x 500 = 850. So Chummer is calculating that right.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #352 on: <08-02-14/1318:02> »
Just a fast note to say that I appreciate the recent bug submissions... I've got my gaming group's gaming session today but will be putting all day tomorrow on bug fixes and will try to have a build out by end of day tomorrow.

Adam

« Reply #353 on: <08-03-14/1636:07> »
Possible I just don't know how to do this in the tool.....I see that when I put spurs on a cyber limb, I see the dmg is based upon the str of the cyberlimb in question, which is cool.  But the skill [Agiltiy] isn't.  Anyway to make that happen, and also, to make it show for the dice pool you are probably going to use just with that limb, such as pistols?  Maybe as checkbox.  For that matter, I don't even see the cyberlimb Str & Agi summed up anywhere.  I know this might outside the coding, but any way to make that happen?

The Cyberlimb's Strength and Agility (and Physical Limit) are currently shown on the character sheet but I'll see if I can find somewhere to put them on the Cyberware tab.

Adam

« Reply #354 on: <08-03-14/1652:19> »
That's exactly where it was.  Thanks Ariketh!

Glad I could help.

Adam, I have some further errors. Obviously the ones that rely on custom stuff can wait. I'm just reporting for completeness.

• Kinesics, when used in a custom file and paired with another power, will not increment/decrement costs properly on the Adept Powers tab. Additionally, you can select a second instance of the Kinesics power. Works fine when isolated as an option.
  • Stillness, when used in a custom file does not increment or decrement at all, regardless of pairing or isolation. Limit should be 3 levels. Additionally, you can select a second instance of the Stillness power.
  • Flexibility has the same issues as Stillness.
  • Penetrating Strike has the same issues as Stillness, but the limit should 4 levels.
  • Powers.xml: Facial Sculpt has a typo and is listed as Sculpt. When the power is used in a custom file with a proper spelling, this causes a crash.
  • Options menu: Shadowrun Forum Post 1 is listed as "Shadworun".

I've attached my completed mentors and books files so you can test them out. Applicable mentors to the custom file errors are Leviathan (Kinesics paired with Stillness, Stillness), Polecat (Flexibility), Gator and Scorpion (Penetrating Strike), and Sea King (Facial Sculpt).

Thanks for all your work!

-Ariketh

Facial Sculpt - Got that one and it'll be fixed in the next build coming out in the next hour or two.
Shadowrun Forum Post - D'oh! Got it fixed... thanks for the catch.
Stillness/Flexibility/Penetrating Strike - Working on a fix for these right now.
Stillness in your custom file... change the bonus tag to a val tag and it'll work just fine.

<bonus>
                  <specificpower>
                     <name>Kinesics</name>
                     <val>1</val>
                  </specificpower>
                  <specificpower>
                     <name>Stillness</name>
                     <bonus>1</bonus>
                  </specificpower>
               </bonus>

Edit: Make sure your book references in custom_mentors.xml use the same case as in custom_books. That'll get it to show the book abbreviation correctly in Chummer (and incidentally allow you to click the source label to open the PDF if you have them linked).

In all, awesome work though... I showed your work to my players and there were damn near ovations.  Thank you!

« Last Edit: <08-03-14/1702:34> by Adam »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #355 on: <08-03-14/1708:32> »
Adam,

Again, I'd like to thank you for the hard work you've put into resurrecting this project.  I'd like to make a suggestion, for future-proofing.  At some point, Data Trails will be released (probably in 2015).  If the book is anything like it's 4th edition counterpart, technomancers will begin to get Streams, which work similarly to magician traditions.  They should also be getting paragons, which work similarly to mentor spirits.  Would it be possible to put this functionality into Chummer (it was in Chummer 4), so that we can use custom xml files (similar to Ariketh's) to create our own rules for streams and paragons?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Adam

« Reply #356 on: <08-03-14/1734:52> »
Adam,

Again, I'd like to thank you for the hard work you've put into resurrecting this project.  I'd like to make a suggestion, for future-proofing.  At some point, Data Trails will be released (probably in 2015).  If the book is anything like it's 4th edition counterpart, technomancers will begin to get Streams, which work similarly to magician traditions.  They should also be getting paragons, which work similarly to mentor spirits.  Would it be possible to put this functionality into Chummer (it was in Chummer 4), so that we can use custom xml files (similar to Ariketh's) to create our own rules for streams and paragons?

Let me think about that one... Custom files support already exists and that's great (I really like the results of this) but I think what you're asking is to enable support of custom files where we don't have book supplied rules in the current edition to start with like paragons and streams.  If I'm understanding what you're looking for, it would be to show UI similar to what mages get for traditions and mentor spirits for technomancers if the custom file is available.  I might be able to pull that off but it's going to take some planning and thought to make it work and to be honest, it'll come lower on the priority than fixing bugs, making things work for non-English users and Linux users, and adding support for existing rules that currently doesn't exist (wireless bonuses, spirits).

Adam

« Reply #357 on: <08-03-14/1743:24> »
Mostly bug fixes here with the inclusion of a requested house rule.  I'll be adding in support for a house rule allowing Initiation and Submersion during character creation but it's not ready yet and will come in a future build.

Build 5.132 (beta)
- Added a House Rule "Use Skill Points on broken groups" that allows you to spend Active Skill Points in Creation mode on skills belonging to broken skill groups.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent raising Edge, Magic, or Resonance to maximum.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash if a skill group was raised which included a skill that had free levels.
- Fixed the page numbers for a handful of Illusion Spells.
- Removed a duplicate entry for Gamma-Scopolamine.
- Removed the button to add Adept Power Points in Career mode for Mystic Adepts.
- Fixed a bug that would erroneously charge a special attribute point when purchasing cyberware or bioware.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the range values for a number of thrown weapons from being shown.
- Fixed a bug causing new spirits added in Create mode being added by a Mystic Adept to have the wrong Force value.
- Fixed a spelling error on the Shadowrun Forum Post 1.
- Added Advanced Medkits from Bullets & Bandages.  No availability is listed for Advanced Medkits in B&B so I just used the availability for standard Medkits.
- Updated the validation warning message concerning having gear over capacity so that it now specifies exactly which items are over capacity.
- Fixed a bug that would throw up a validation error on characters using Prime Runner stats that have more than 25 karma in positive or negative qualities.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Prime Runners from converting to Career mode.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the character load to fail if it was a Prime Runner with more than 10 karma spent on nuyen.
- Updated the Missile Mastery Adept Power to include the +1DV and +1 Dice on Thrown Weapons.  Not sure this is the correct fix though as this is only supposed to apply to non-explosive thrown weapons.
- Fixed a bug allowing purchase of more levels than should be allowed on Flexibility, Stillness, and Penetrating Strike.  This fix will only apply on powers added after this update.
- Fixed a bug with the Ares Giantslayer Slingshot that was causing a crash when selecting it.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #358 on: <08-04-14/0841:58> »
Facial Sculpt - Got that one and it'll be fixed in the next build coming out in the next hour or two.
Shadowrun Forum Post - D'oh! Got it fixed... thanks for the catch.
Stillness/Flexibility/Penetrating Strike - Working on a fix for these right now.
Stillness in your custom file... change the bonus tag to a val tag and it'll work just fine.

I've said it before, but you are awesome. And yeah, that bonus tag... Not sure how that happened. :/ /facepalm I doublechecked my file and Leviathan was the only one with a bonus tag. The other (broke) instances had val. But whatever fix you did certainly fixed all instances of Stillness/Flexibility/Penetrating Strike after I updated to the 5.132 (and fixed Leviathan)! :)

Edit: Make sure your book references in custom_mentors.xml use the same case as in custom_books. That'll get it to show the book abbreviation correctly in Chummer (and incidentally allow you to click the source label to open the PDF if you have them linked).

I doublechecked and MitS was MItS. That appeared to be the only discrepancy; the rest look correct.  Oddly, I thought I had fixed that typo at one point.

Thanks again!

In all, awesome work though... I showed your work to my players and there were damn near ovations.  Thank you!

Glad they enjoyed it! I'll get the updated/corrected instances of the custom book and mentor files asap.

-Ariketh

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #359 on: <08-04-14/1138:37> »
just a note: you currently can't add any imaging enhancements to scopes or smartgun systems even though they're allowed to take them. (cap 3 for scopes, cap 1 for smartgun)
accidentally adding audio enhancements to a drone instead of to a specific sensor in its housing gives an error code and will not allow you to delete the offending item even though the "confirm delete" dialog pops up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor