NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #255 on: <07-18-14/0911:25> »

If you have the wrong cost for Beast's Way (or any Way), you are using the wrong version. Update to the latest (5.125). You may need to redownload it or run the updater. The Way costs were fixed in build 5.116. If you're at the up to date version, and are checking an existing character, you may need to delete the quality and readd it.

-Ariketh

I'm up to date, its the first thing i checked, and deleting and readding doesnt change anything. I checked all the other ways, but it seems only the Beast Way is affected.

Bizarre. Mine isn't doing that. Adam will have to address it, I guess. :(

-Ariketh

Gasp

• Newb
« Reply #256 on: <07-18-14/1108:19> »
After double check, i fond the issue (i suppose). It works fine when you just take the beats way, but if you pick a mentor spirit, it costs only 15 + the 5 of the mentor. Now, i'm not too sure but :

As such, they recieve all the bonuses and drawbacks associated with their personal totem.

Does it mean you get to pick a free mentor spirit when you pick the beast way ? That would explain my problem.

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #257 on: <07-18-14/1209:00> »
After double check, i fond the issue (i suppose). It works fine when you just take the beats way, but if you pick a mentor spirit, it costs only 15 + the 5 of the mentor. Now, i'm not too sure but :

As such, they recieve all the bonuses and drawbacks associated with their personal totem.

Does it mean you get to pick a free mentor spirit when you pick the beast way ? That would explain my problem.

That's in the changelog for 5.116 (post 127 in this thread):
Reverted The Beast's Way and The Spiritual Way back to costing 20 karma AND added code so that if you have either of these qualities, you will not be charged to add a Mentor
So it's intended that you get a free mentor spirit, as far as Chummer is concerned anyway. I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to be free myself, but that's a discussion for another topic, I guess.

Teddy

• Newb
« Reply #258 on: <07-18-14/1222:55> »
Great job! The best out of all character editors I have seen for SR5 so far.

I am thinking about making a database for characters. Please let me know your opinion in this thread http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17430.0

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #259 on: <07-18-14/1447:58> »
Bugs from Character Viewer (press Print button):
1) Cybertechnology does not show in skill list using Character Sheet: Shadowrun 5 or the two grouping options
2) Commlink box under Implants and above Lifestyle shows Deck as Commlink and my implanted Headware commlink with Sleaze 7 instead of Firewall

JTCMidas

• Newb
« Reply #260 on: <07-18-14/2151:51> »
Might have already been said on previous pages... but the Adept Power: Voice Control cannot have its rating changed.  Should be a multi level power but it apparently is not?

Adam

« Reply #261 on: <07-18-14/2226:24> »
Still plugging away at updating Chummer (in particular I've just about finished a complete overhaul of the Initiation tab to work as described in Street Grimoire.  More besides that coming in the build I'm planning to release on Sunday.

Might have already been said on previous pages... but the Adept Power: Voice Control cannot have its rating changed.  Should be a multi level power but it apparently is not?

Good catch, I'll update it accordingly.

1) Cybertechnology does not show in skill list using Character Sheet: Shadowrun 5 or the two grouping options
2) Commlink box under Implants and above Lifestyle shows Deck as Commlink and my implanted Headware commlink with Sleaze 7 instead of Firewall

#1 - It's showing on my local build as long as I have points in it (Cybertechnology doesn't default and the sheets don't show non-defaulting skills if you don't have points in them).  I'll take a look at the last release build just in case.
#2 - I'll see if  I can come up with another title.  It's showing Commlinks, Cyberdecks and RCC's in that section so perhaps another header would work better.  I haven't found a commlink with sleaze but I'll keep looking.

Great job! The best out of all character editors I have seen for SR5 so far.

I am thinking about making a database for characters. Please let me know your opinion in this thread http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17430.0

Glad you're liking it!  Nebular wrote something like that into Chummer called Omae.  I've tried not to break anything in it but haven't done any real testing with it to make sure it's still working.  You can find it in the Tools menu.

So it's intended that you get a free mentor spirit, as far as Chummer is concerned anyway. I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to be free myself, but that's a discussion for another topic, I guess.

Yeah, I was going off of this statement on page 176 of SG:
"Adepts who follow this path are under the guidance of an animal mentor spirit, which they refer to as their totem, similar to some shamans. Through the emulation of their totem, these adepts seek to improve themselves, and like followers of the Spiritual Way, they’re considered to be more spiritual than the average adept. As such, they receive all the bonuses and drawbacks associated with their personal totem."

That first sentence pretty well comes out and says they have a mentor spirit (of an animal type which Chummer doesn't currently enforce). The last line makes clear that they get all the bonuses and drawbacks of their mentor spirit.  So that was how I coded Chummer. If I got it wrong though, I'll be glad to change it.

I am not sure if someone allready wrote it or if it is fixed ...
but the activation costs from new skills are not doubled.
It is just level*modifier.

I keep trying to parse this one and I'm sorry, I'm just not understanding. Could you elaborate a bit more?

Quick ones :.

The positive quality The Beast's way should cost 20 karma (and thats what Chummer says), but when you pick it, it costs only 15.
The weapon upgrade Personalized Grip doenst have a cost. Ok, there is no cost for it in Sail Away, but it looks like the consensus on the forums is 100¥ or depending on the DM. It could be nice to have the possibility to set the price yourself.
The headware version of cyberdecks and comlinks doesnt display the rating of the gear, neither in the cyber tab, nor in the gear tab. Its not a big deal, but i think its worth reporting.

I'll take a look at providing some sort of editable option for the cost of Personalized Grip and I'll take another look at headware Cyberdecks and Commlinks to have them show their info on the UI.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #262 on: <07-20-14/0559:34> »
While trying to do a custom file for mentors that haven't been converted to SR5 yet, I found a couple errors in the mentors.xml.

Firebringer: Has extra <name>Improved Ability (skill)</name> line

Seducer:
Improved Ability adept selection should be limited to one skill in the Acting or Influence groups. Right now it's pulling up all the skills when selected.
Replacing <selectskill includecategory="Influence"> with <selectskill limittoskill="Con,Impersonation,Performance,Etiquette,Leadership,Negotiation"> Fixed the situation in my test.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #263 on: <07-20-14/0737:34> »
While trying to do a custom file for mentors that haven't been converted to SR5 yet, I found a couple errors in the mentors.xml.

Firebringer: Has extra <name>Improved Ability (skill)</name> line

Seducer:
Improved Ability adept selection should be limited to one skill in the Acting or Influence groups. Right now it's pulling up all the skills when selected.
Replacing <selectskill includecategory="Influence"> with <selectskill limittoskill="Con,Impersonation,Performance,Etiquette,Leadership,Negotiation"> Fixed the situation in my test.

-Ariketh

On the Seducer bug, I've known about that issue for a while but didn't know that you could specify multiple skills in the limittoskill attribute.  Awesome fix and it'll be in the next build. Thank you for showing me something new!

As for Firebringer... That's a 4th edition mentor spirit and not in my mentors.xml.  :-\

Adam

« Reply #264 on: <07-20-14/0755:13> »

Got it... I can reproduce #2 now. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Adam

« Reply #265 on: <07-20-14/0815:22> »
@Adam: I don't think I can add several specializations. It asks me to overwrite the previous one.

Also, post char creation marking, I can't increase NEWLY ADDED knowledge skills past 6, despite having the Karma and being able to push the pre-char creation marker knowledge skills above 6.

RE: Sensor array comes up at 8/[6] capacity and does not allow me to add sensor functions that I would like in that array. Book says I'm allowed 8.

Regarding having multiple specializations per skill post character creation.  This is a known issue and was mentioned in my very first post announcing Chummer5.

I'll check on the Sensor Array and see what I need to fix.

Cool! Any clue what caused the knowledge skills to cap and the green + button to be greyed out at level 6?

I'm trying and failing to reproduce the issue with the Sensor Array you're describing.  The capacity shows as 8/[6] because it can hold 8 sensor functions and per the table on page 446 it uses 6 capacity in when placed in something else like a helmet.  Now I am seeing a couple situations where it isn't correctly applying its capacity and is instead allowing you to add more than 8 sensor functions and I'm adding that to the list but I can't seem to find a situation where it is limiting you to less than 8.

Good catch on the Knowledge Skill cap in Career mode.  I'll get that one fixed quickly.

fyrebug72

• Newb
« Reply #266 on: <07-20-14/0920:53> »
Awesome work so far!! The only thin I have come across is that when i go into tools ad try to untick sourcebooks, when i click ok it gives me an error.

Adam

« Reply #267 on: <07-20-14/0930:15> »
Awesome work so far!! The only thin I have come across is that when i go into tools ad try to untick sourcebooks, when i click ok it gives me an error.

Make sure you have a default character sheet selected.  That's usually the cause of this error.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #268 on: <07-20-14/0947:13> »
On the Seducer bug, I've known about that issue for a while but didn't know that you could specify multiple skills in the limittoskill attribute.  Awesome fix and it'll be in the next build. Thank you for showing me something new!

As for Firebringer... That's a 4th edition mentor spirit and not in my mentors.xml.  :-\

He should be: SR5, page 322. And literally everything else is right for the entry, including the adept stuff that didn't appear in SR4. (Which I did not add.)

Oh, I know what it might be. Did you search for "Firebringer" when you checked? Because in the file he's listed as "Fire-Bringer". That's completely my fault for the inaccurate bug report. For location, he's between Eagle and Mountain in the file.

And glad I could help re: Seducer. I was looking for a similar solution for another entry for my custom list. I ended up going to the Chummer wiki and one of the attributes listed was limittoskill.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #269 on: <07-20-14/1243:40> »
I've finally got the Initiation tab done (and a list of bugs to go with it).  I think I've resolved everything with the Street Grimoire initiation but if you find something I missed, please let me know.

Build 5.126 (beta)
- Completely replaced the Initiation tab. It now should correctly handle Initiation (with discounts), Arts, Enchantments, Enhancements, Metamagics, and Rituals. Add an Initiation grade and then right click on the grade to add Arts, Enchantments, Enhancements, Metamagics, and Rituals.  In case you're not using Street Grimoire or choose not to use the Arts system, there is a new item on the House Rules tab of the Options dialog that you can use to ignore the Art requirements for metamagics and the like.
- Fixing the above item led to two powers referenced in Street Grimoire that haven't previously been published.  These have only been provided via a forum post by one of the designers.  So that post is now a source (SFP1) that can be enabled in order to provide those powers (Keratin Control and Living Focus).
- Updated all "Source" labels on all dialogs to open the linked PDF to that page if you have linked the book to the PDF in the Options dialog.  Also linked the names of skills and powers as they don't show a "Source" label in their listings.  And finally, the above mentioned forum post will open in your default browser if a Source pointing to it is clicked.
- Added the Small Unit Tactics Knowledge Skill from Run and Gun.
- Fixed a bug allowing the Seducer's Adept ability to allow any skill. It now restricts to the correct list. Thank you Ariketh for the solution!
- Fixed the Voice Control Adept power to allow for multiple levels.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when using YNT Softweave on an armor with an odd armor value.
- Added a variable price to Personalized Grip to reflect that it probably should cost something.
- Removed cyber-weapons from the Select a Weapon dialog. These can only be purchased now on the Select Cyberware dialog.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Respirator from being available to add to armor.
- Fixed a bug causing newly added Knowledge Skills to cap at 6 in career mode.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the tooltip on the button to increase your skill level to show the wrong value when in career mode and at rating 6.
- Fixed a bug that prevented adding Sensor Arrays (and quite a few other things) to vehicles while in Career mode.
- Adjusted the Select Weapon and Select Armor dialogs so that they'll have better performance.
- Fixed the price of the Monofilament Chainsaw.
- Fixed a multitude of bugs with the Complex Forms and Sprites tab in Career mode for Technomancers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the wrong cost to be calculated for binding Counterspelling, Ritual Spellcasting, Spellcasting, or Sustaining Foci in Career mode.