NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #210 on: <07-15-14/1803:25> »
Let me see if I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you! I won't be able to push a build with this in it tonight but I will get started on it.  It's just going to take me a little time to get all of that coded.  But thank you so very much for taking the time to write that up... it is immensely helpful.

Adam

« Reply #211 on: <07-15-14/1805:54> »
I get an unhandled exception when I try to save my character into career mode. Heres the full error text if it help

Can you email me a copy of your character (in creation mode) so I can try it myself? It'll take me right to the line that's misbehaving so I can fix it faster.  Thank you!
srchummer5@gmail.com

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #212 on: <07-15-14/1813:19> »
Let me see if I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you! I won't be able to push a build with this in it tonight but I will get started on it.  It's just going to take me a little time to get all of that coded.  But thank you so very much for taking the time to write that up... it is immensely helpful.

Hey, you're doing all the heavy lifting! The least I can do is assist. I know it's been said a number of times in this thread, but your work is appreciated. Chummer was awesome for SR4, I despaired of it making the jump to SR5. I just hope you don't burn yourself out in the process. :)

-Ariketh

Carpool

• Newb
« Reply #213 on: <07-15-14/1821:47> »
Sent.

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #214 on: <07-15-14/1856:04> »
Is there a way to implement karma generation?
With BP costs = Karma costs for classes (technomancer, adept, magican, aspect mage) and 0 karma for races with 0 bonus attributes?

Adam

« Reply #215 on: <07-15-14/1900:41> »
Is there a way to implement karma generation?
With BP costs = Karma costs for classes (technomancer, adept, magican, aspect mage) and 0 karma for races with 0 bonus attributes?

Somewhat.  I've left the code in place and I think most everything I've added should work within it, but I haven't tested it explicitly and suspect there's significant problems with it currently.  I'm intending to give it a thorough look through to try to resolve problems in order to provide GM's a tool for creating NPC's.  But this is somewhat far down the list at the moment and it will be weeks at least before I get to it.

Adam

« Reply #216 on: <07-15-14/1936:49> »
Small update tonight.  I'm going to be focusing on three items over the next several days (I hope it's only several days). Specifically I'll be working on fixing the issues with the Arts from Street Grimoire, making Qi foci so that they select a specific power and that power then shows up as one of your adept powers, and getting Weapon foci to connect to your weapon so that the weapon stats are updated accordingly.  If I can I'm also trying to resolve the issue with being able to load ammo on to a bow in career mode.

Build 5.125 (beta)
- Fixed Damage and AP value for Explosive Ammo
- Fixed a bug which would prevent the Dragonslayer Mentor Spirit from getting the bonus to a social skill.
- Added a separator between gear items attached to armor on the "Shadowrun 5" character sheets.
- Fixed a bug preventing refunding of Complex Form points when deleting a Complex Form.
- Weapons will now correctly inherit availability modifiers from accessories which should increase the weapon's availability.
- Removed 4th Edition artifact where Improved Physical Attribute was charging double for attributes raised above metatype max.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the movement formula to give incorrect values (it wasn't using the total value including augmentations).

Adam

« Reply #217 on: <07-15-14/2102:12> »
Ok, I've got one more question about the Arts in SG.  If I'm reading it correctly, there is not a "The Athlete's Way" Art that has to be taken during initiation, it's just that the list provided there is available to an adept that takes The Athlete's Way quality.  Just wanting to make sure I'm not misunderstanding that section on Adepts and their Ways in the Physical Arts.

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #218 on: <07-15-14/2116:05> »
Regarding some of the karma costs in Street Grimoire, here's a link to a post from Giabralter, a freelancer who seems to speak with some authority on the subject.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17274.msg305529#msg305529

This is probably as official as we're going to get for at least a few months.

On a slightly related subject, it's pretty interesting to go to his profile and browse through his posts for a couple other nuggets on the rules, errata and even some yet-unpublished stuff.  I may look up some more freelancer profiles and rules-mine their postings.

Adam

« Reply #219 on: <07-15-14/2130:40> »
Regarding some of the karma costs in Street Grimoire, here's a link to a post from Giabralter, a freelancer who seems to speak with some authority on the subject.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17274.msg305529#msg305529

This is probably as official as we're going to get for at least a few months.

On a slightly related subject, it's pretty interesting to go to his profile and browse through his posts for a couple other nuggets on the rules, errata and even some yet-unpublished stuff.  I may look up some more freelancer profiles and rules-mine their postings.

Awesome! Thank you!  I'm churning my way through the XML files right now adjusting the structure to deal with arts in preparation for writing some new code to handle them properly.

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #220 on: <07-16-14/0125:21> »
Will there be any character-breaking updates coming or should I just start building my character now and it will be fine for the foreseeable future?

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #221 on: <07-16-14/0342:30> »
After playing with this a bit, I am still finding the initial screen for a new character (the screen where you select your priorities) to be less than intuitive.
It currently is set up where you have static Attributes, skills, metatype, etc on the left and you select a priority for each with drop downs.
I feel that it would be more intuitive if the priorities (A,B,C,D,E) were static on the left and you choose attributes, or skills or whatever on the right of each priority.
Maybe it's just me though.

Incidentally, reorganizing it the way I just suggested might also make it easier to implement the optional character creation rules from pg 354 as well.
You would simply have a drop down at the top or bottom or whatever that changed the priorities to new letters and loaded new dropdowns for the stuff on the right.
I may not be being clear about this since my programming skills have dwindled a bit over the last few years, but I think you probably get what I mean.

anyway, just my 2¥
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

martinchaen

« Reply #222 on: <07-16-14/0700:04> »
voydangel
That's a good suggestion, I'd be a fan of that kind of implementation as well.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #223 on: <07-16-14/0832:03> »
Not sure if it is a bug but during char creation the karma needed to increase player skills such as "Pilot Aerospace" (but seems to happen for them all), the karma cost is mis-calculated. For example, if I use JUST karma and level it up;
0 - 1 = 2 karma (correct)
0 - 2 = 6 karma (correct)
0 - 3 = 10 karma (incorrect) should be 12 karma
0 - 4 = 12 karma (incorrect) should be 20 karma
0 - 5 = 16 karma (incorrect) should be 30 karma
0 - 6 = 18 karma (incorrect) should be 42 karma

Source based on page 107 of the core book table, being Karma advancement table for skills.

Oh by the way I am using the updated core rule book that got released the other day, it fixes all the problems with the original book that was found mostly in the Errata. So page numbers seem to have changed for some pages between them, so you might need to update the page numbers in chummer as well? I dunno
« Last Edit: <07-16-14/0851:24> by Chaozmager »

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #224 on: <07-16-14/0851:42> »
Not sure if it is a bug but during char creation the karma needed to increase player skills such as "Pilot Aerospace" (but seems to happen for them all), the karma cost is mis-calculated. For example, if I use JUST karma and level it up;
0 - 1 = 2 karma (correct)
0 - 2 = 6 karma (correct)
0 - 3 = 10 karma (incorrect) should be 12 karma
0 - 4 = 12 karma (incorrect) should be 20 karma
0 - 5 = 16 karma (incorrect) should be 30 karma
0 - 6 = 18 karma (incorrect) should be 42 karma

Source based on page 107 of the core book table, being Karma advancement table for skills.
\
I noticed this too. Was planning on testing it in more detail tonight (I should be working now), but the numbers seem the same as I got.