NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #150 on: <07-12-14/1153:34> »
First off, there's not yet a way to buy alchemical preparations, which have to be learned separately from spells.  I'm sure you just haven't gotten around to it, so it's whatever.

When buying my commlink, I can't seem to buy the Sim Module for it.  Normal or hot-sim both give an error.

The capacity cost for Trodes when added to headgear is off; it should take up 2 slots.

I'll get on the Alchemical Preparations. Just found and fixed the bug with Weapon Accessories (almost the same bug with Weapon Commlinks too). They'll both be fixed in the next build.  Just fixed the Trodes as well... it'll show up in the next build as well.

I did it again, and it happened again.  I'll upload the character file to Drop Box so you can see it for yourself.

You'll notice it says I have -73 Karma.  If it matters, I went in this order after picking priorities:  Attributes, Qualities, Skills (Spent Karma on some), spent 10 Karma on Nuyen, then bought the Cyberware.

It still says I have 5 Resonance, and my range is 0 to 5, but I notice that I get Karma back as I lower my Resonance as if I'd been buying it the whole time with Karma.

Thanks for the file... I'll crack it open and figure out what's going on.

FYI i'm running into a bug with the burnouts way.

Specifically after selecting it during character creation adding any cyberware with the burnout ways quality reduces karma by 5 for some unknown reason.
It only happens for the first piece of augmented gear, whether its cyber or bio.

this affects both the version released this morning and the previous version

Gotcha... thanks for the bug report. I'll figure out what's going on and get it fixed.

Adam

« Reply #151 on: <07-12-14/1215:45> »
So *please*, let me buy you a $2 pdf so you have the material you need, or a beer (for optimal coding!) or a bottle of tylenol while you debug.  You're doing ALL the work and I'm getting all the benefit and I want to help too, I just don't code.  Besides, all this pent up gratitude is starting to ooze.

Well, I've got two options for ya...

1 - Take a page from a very sentimental movie and pay it forward. Do something nice for someone or make a donation to a charity that could really use it.

2 - I just posted a thread in the Homebrew PACKs forum soliciting submissions and ideas for new PACKS for inclusion with Chummer5. Get creative, come up with some good PACKs, and you too can build something for Chummer5. No programming skill required.  ;D
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17338.0

But I really do appreciate the thanks... feels damn good and that's worth a lot to me.

adzling

« Reply #152 on: <07-12-14/1255:31> »
you da man!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #153 on: <07-12-14/1416:17> »
Just had a chance to download and try out...really nice! A great option for me when I travel as the program can be run off my portable drive.

Adam

« Reply #154 on: <07-12-14/1828:13> »
Well, the first auto update should be rolling out... please let me know if there are problems so I can fix them quickly.

Build 5.119 (beta)
- Added Alchemical Preparations.
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when using Weapon Commlinks and Commlink Accessories.
- Fixed a bug that would improperly load adept powers if the character has more than one instance of that power.
- Fixed a bug with the Wolf Mentor Spirit that would cause a crash when selecting the Adept power.
- Fixed the capacity cost of Trodes.
- Fixed a bug that would excessively reduce the attribute minimum for Magic or Resonance when taking on an Essence reduction. This would cause Chummer to attempt to raise the attribute back to where it was by spending karma if need be.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hand Blades from being available for purchase.
- Added a few more license options (based on Third Edition SR with the help of SpellBinder).
- Fixed a bug with audio enhancements (specifically the Audio Enhancement and Select Sound Filter) that weren't consuming capacity.

Cynewulf

• Newb
« Reply #155 on: <07-12-14/1907:02> »
Could you look into the 'Knucks' weapon? I don't think the damage value is being calculated properly. If I give someone Titanium Bone Lacing on the character sheet their damage rating is considered 1 less when using Knucks, rather than 1 more.

Adam

« Reply #156 on: <07-12-14/1919:12> »
There's a problem with auto-update that I'm currently tracking. Manual check for updates via the tools menu works fine, it's just auto-update that is misbehaving. I'm working on it as quickly as I can.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #157 on: <07-12-14/2036:46> »
:3  Yay, I have completely made a character without difficulty.

While there were times when it seems to randomly jump me down to negative 50 some Karma, I have no idea what caused it or what it was buying back up...  This was on a magician with no cyberware.  Not really useful information I know, sorry.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #158 on: <07-12-14/2125:14> »
Grabbed 5.118 and ran it with no issues. Used "Check for Updates" and updated all files to 5.119. Now, it throws an error when attempting to create a new character.

EDIT: Note, when I install 5.119 manually from the Download site, this does not happen!

[spoiler]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Chummer.frmPriorityMetatype.LoadMetatypes()
   at Chummer.frmPriorityMetatype.frmPriorityMetatype_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 0.0.5.119
    Win32 Version: 0.0.5.119
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Floyd/PNP%20Games/Chummer/Chummer5/Chummer5.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-12-14/2131:09> by celondon »
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Adam

« Reply #159 on: <07-12-14/2130:58> »
Grabbed 5.118 and ran it with no issues. Used "Check for Updates" and updated all files to 5.119. Now, it throws an error when attempting to create a new character.

If you would, download Chummer5.zip from the link below and try again. There's a problem with auto-update I'm trying to diagnose but for now I just want to make sure if the issue you're getting is from auto-update or if there's something else at fault here.  Thank you!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1j5wMS6KHqMZndteGkteG1yWWc&usp=sharing

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #160 on: <07-12-14/2132:13> »

If you would, download Chummer5.zip from the link below and try again. There's a problem with auto-update I'm trying to diagnose but for now I just want to make sure if the issue you're getting is from auto-update or if there's something else at fault here.  Thank you!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1j5wMS6KHqMZndteGkteG1yWWc&usp=sharing

I just edited the above post saying I'd done just that.

No error when I manually install it, so it's something to do with the Auto-Updater not patching properly on my machine.
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Adam

« Reply #161 on: <07-12-14/2139:51> »
I may have to find an alternate host for the files used for auto-update.  What I think is happening is that it's getting a download error and cutting off the file (usually a data file).  What I'm intending to do is add some additional code in the morning to verify that the download was successful and retry if needed and put that out as a new build. If that doesn't resolve the problem, a new host is my only other option.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #162 on: <07-12-14/2204:01> »
I would really really love to see the "street scum" character creation options from page 354.  To summarize, it says that instead of getting ABCDE for priorities, the players get to pick between either BCDEE or CCDDE. It would be really nice to have this/these be options in addition to the normal/street/prime levels of play for making characters. I think these are really helpful options both for people who want to run scum campaigns, but also for making good style npc's, contacts, etc. I don't know how hard it would be, or if I could even help at all, but I would be willing to try and help as much as I can to make this a reality.

I may have to find an alternate host for the files used for auto-update.  What I think is happening is that it's getting a download error and cutting off the file (usually a data file).  What I'm intending to do is add some additional code in the morning to verify that the download was successful and retry if needed and put that out as a new build. If that doesn't resolve the problem, a new host is my only other option.
have you considered the possibility of using torrents/peer to peer to "host" the update(d) files?
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Adam

« Reply #163 on: <07-12-14/2312:49> »
Thanks for pointing those out, I'll see what I can do with those alternate campaign options.

Torrents/peer to peer would be difficult to implement mainly because I have no background in that kind of code.  I have a few options left that I might be able to make work.

Adam

« Reply #164 on: <07-13-14/0746:38> »
Could you look into the 'Knucks' weapon? I don't think the damage value is being calculated properly. If I give someone Titanium Bone Lacing on the character sheet their damage rating is considered 1 less when using Knucks, rather than 1 more.

I can tell you what's happening but I'm not sure if it is correct.  In short, Knucks (like Shock Gloves) aren't benefiting from bonuses to the wielder's Unarmed Attack damage. RAW, the bone lacing says that it changes the character's unarmed attack damage... it doesn't say it adds a bonus to it. And Knucks say that they are a STR+1 weapon... not that they do Unarmed Attack damage +1.

But I can totally understand looking at Knucks and thinking that they should improve your Unarmed Attack damage by one.  So what I'm going to try to do is add an optional rule that allows the user to determine if Knucks should benefit from bonuses to Unarmed Attack damage because I don't know that there is a "right" answer on this one, just different interpretations.