NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Xelian

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <07-11-14/0736:38> »
1. Biotechnology should be added to the Biotech group according to the Errata (http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/E-CAT2700E_SR5-Errata.pdf?4713c7)
2. Forgery is a Logic not an Agility skill
3. Not sure if this is a bug or not but the Sleeping Tiger armor (availability 10) which comes with inbuild polymer coating cannot be purchased at character creation because the polymer is rating 16F

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <07-11-14/0744:20> »
I noticed that Leadership lists two uses that don't use Charisma (Direct Fire using Logic, and another I can't recall). I can't find anything in SR5 referencing that (did a search through core and R&G). Is that an error (perhaps from SR4's days) or am I missing something?

The Sleeping tiger should be purchasable. You're buying Sleeping Tiger, not polymer, so the polymer's availability never applies. (it's a bit of a weird design decision that a legal availability 10 armor has an inbuilt mod that's illegal with availability 16 on it's own, but that's not unique).

martinchaen

« Reply #107 on: <07-11-14/0746:56> »
Adam, excellent work! I think most of the bugs I've found so far has already been fixed, so kudos, and again a HUGE thank you from me and my table :D

One item that I think was introduces with 5.115 (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Smartlink bonuses are not automatically calculated on the Weapons tab Dice Pool field; I'm also not seeing a pop-up for this field (i.e. Automatics X + Agility Y + Modifiers Z), and I thought I'd seen this in the past.

Adam

« Reply #108 on: <07-11-14/0835:22> »
Xelian - I'll get those fixed in the next build coming out later today.

Martinchaen - Per page 433, Smartlink grants a +2 bonus to accuracy and if you turn on Wireless then it also grants a +1 or +2 bonus to your dice pool.  But that Wireless bonus is conditional so it's not automatically included.  I've considered doing something like automatically inserting the Wireless bonus into the item's notes so it can be included on your character sheet if you'd like. Or possibly some other way of showing Wireless bonuses so you know what you get and what you lose when you enable or disable an item's wireless connectivity.  Suggestions here are welcome.

Top Dog - I'm not sure what you mean by Leadership tests that don't use Charisma. If you're referring to the items in Leadership's specialization dropdown, they're from the list on page 141 of the core book.

martinchaen

« Reply #109 on: <07-11-14/0842:12> »
Cool, that works.

Also, I just noticed that the lifestyle costs have changed significantly for dwarves only.

It used to be correct (I believe), in that it would add 20%, but now it seems to add 120% for dwarves.

A Low lifestyle (2000¥) should cost 2400 (2000+(2000*20% or 2000*0.2) for Dwarves, but it actually costs 4400 (2000+(2000*1.2).

Similarly, a Low lifestyle should cost 4000 (2000+2000*100% or 2000*1) for trolls, and it does.

Adam

« Reply #110 on: <07-11-14/0918:51> »
Cool, that works.

Also, I just noticed that the lifestyle costs have changed significantly for dwarves only.

It used to be correct (I believe), in that it would add 20%, but now it seems to add 120% for dwarves.

A Low lifestyle (2000¥) should cost 2400 (2000+(2000*20% or 2000*0.2) for Dwarves, but it actually costs 4400 (2000+(2000*1.2).

Similarly, a Low lifestyle should cost 4000 (2000+2000*100% or 2000*1) for trolls, and it does.

I just tried it with the current build and it calculated a Low lifestyle at 2400 for a Dwarf, and 4000 for a Troll.  If you're able to duplicate the problem, please email me a copy of the character so I can try to diagnose it.  Thank you!

Xelian

• Newb
« Reply #111 on: <07-11-14/0921:48> »
Another small one - when you hover over the limited spell (Fetishes) the help pop-up says that it give +2 dices to the Resit Drain roll instead of lowering the drain by 2

Cynewulf

• Newb
« Reply #112 on: <07-11-14/0929:50> »
I emailed my character file. Good luck!

martinchaen

« Reply #113 on: <07-11-14/0956:33> »
Adam, must be a carry-over from an old build; the Moto character file I sent you has the lifestyle issue, but creating one from scratch doesn't. I'll fiddle around with the chumm5 file.

EDIT:
Found it;

Code: [Select]
<improvement>
<improvedname />
<sourcename>Dwarf</sourcename>
<min>0</min>
<max>0</max>
<aug>0</aug>
<augmax>0</augmax>
--- <val>120</val> ---
<rating>1</rating>
<exclude />
<improvementttype>LifestyleCost</improvementttype>
<improvementsource>Metatype</improvementsource>
<custom>False</custom>
<customname />
<customid />
<customgroup />
<addtorating>False</addtorating>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<order>0</order>
<notes />
</improvement>

This was in the chumm5 file; I changed it from 120 to 20, and it works fine. FYI, I didn't have to delete the lifestyle, just went in and edited it by modifying the lifestyle level up and down and it took the new value.
« Last Edit: <07-11-14/1009:15> by martinchaen »

Adam

« Reply #114 on: <07-11-14/1003:39> »
I emailed my character file. Good luck!

Just sent you a reply.  The problem is the Survival Knife. I've got a bad value for its availability in gear.xml and it's causing the error during validation.  I'm updating the availability value as part of this afternoon's update.  All you'll need to do is download the new build, load your character, and drop and re-add the Survival Knife.  Thanks for the help!

Adam, must be a carry-over from an old build; the Moto character file I sent you has the lifestyle issue, but creating one from scratch doesn't. I'll fiddle around with the chumm5 file.

The update coming later today has a few fixes for lifestyles and their cost calculation. Unfortunately this is one of those fixes that may break existing lifestyles meaning that on existing characters, you'll have to delete and re-add the lifestyle.  But it should fix all the lifestyle cost issues once and for all. (I hope)

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #115 on: <07-11-14/1039:31> »
First, this is amazing!  It is by far the most impressive builder i have seen!
OMG.  I cannot believe how good this looks when printed!

Now, to make it perfect :)
I attached sample character for reference. (Using 5.115)

Bugs:
1) It used to tell me that I had -10 karma left.  After I clicked the "Mark as created" button on the "Character info" tab, the number changed to -3.  In reality, I believe this character should have +2 karma left at the end.
2) Some items on the gears have no cost when added as armor accessory (ex. Geiger counter).
3) Adept power "Increase Accuracy" did not add to the accuracy of monofilament Whip. (I added and deleted whip to make sure)
4) I am afb, but I thought that "Argentum Coat" added a bonus to the pool (in addition to limit) to all chr skills.

Requests:
1) In the character record sheet (printed) on top left it lists "Nuyen".  This is the starting money, and is not useful.  It should be replaced by "Current Nuyen"
2) Please add a box that lists the dodge value (Int + Rea+combat sense) next to the armor.  For bonus (if there is room) add full-defense, and parry with highest ranked weapon.
3) Would be great to have a place to overwrite values, such as current karma (for when you get experience, but cannot use it yet).

On this post, please ignore bug #1 (karma).  I found the problem.  I had taken an extra spell, and did not notice because the spells left indicated 0/7 instead of -1/7.  Again, there is no karma bug.

Adam

« Reply #116 on: <07-11-14/1104:38> »
First, this is amazing!  It is by far the most impressive builder i have seen!
OMG.  I cannot believe how good this looks when printed!

Now, to make it perfect :)
I attached sample character for reference. (Using 5.115)

Bugs:
1) It used to tell me that I had -10 karma left.  After I clicked the "Mark as created" button on the "Character info" tab, the number changed to -3.  In reality, I believe this character should have +2 karma left at the end.
2) Some items on the gears have no cost when added as armor accessory (ex. Geiger counter).
3) Adept power "Increase Accuracy" did not add to the accuracy of monofilament Whip. (I added and deleted whip to make sure)
4) I am afb, but I thought that "Argentum Coat" added a bonus to the pool (in addition to limit) to all chr skills.

Requests:
1) In the character record sheet (printed) on top left it lists "Nuyen".  This is the starting money, and is not useful.  It should be replaced by "Current Nuyen"
2) Please add a box that lists the dodge value (Int + Rea+combat sense) next to the armor.  For bonus (if there is room) add full-defense, and parry with highest ranked weapon.
3) Would be great to have a place to overwrite values, such as current karma (for when you get experience, but cannot use it yet).

On this post, please ignore bug #1 (karma).  I found the problem.  I had taken an extra spell, and did not notice because the spells left indicated 0/7 instead of -1/7.  Again, there is no karma bug.

Good to hear! I've been clearing out of the bug list and the build coming later today should resolve bugs #2, #3, and #4 (or at least they appear to be fixed on my end).

As for your requests, #1 is a bug and will be fixed as well, #2 I'll work on but it won't be in today's build, and #3 I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Could you explain further?

martinchaen

« Reply #117 on: <07-11-14/1132:22> »
TimTurry
For your 3rd request; have you gone and set the character as created? When you do, you'll get the option to add karma and nuyen gained.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #118 on: <07-11-14/1316:45> »
Not sure if someone has already said this, but the Health spell "Awaken" has the wrong source. It says "Source: 169", with no book or anything. But it should be "Source: SG 109". But really nice job!!! So happy to see Chummer return for 5th Edition :).

Adam

« Reply #119 on: <07-11-14/1325:41> »
Not sure if someone has already said this, but the Health spell "Awaken" has the wrong source. It says "Source: 169", with no book or anything. But it should be "Source: SG 109". But really nice job!!! So happy to see Chummer return for 5th Edition :).

Excellent catch... I'll have it fixed for this afternoon's build.