NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #90 on: <07-09-14/1853:04> »
Cynewulf... thanks for the heads up! At less than $2 at DriveThruRPG, I'll go ahead and pick it up myself.  And if you have a copy of that saved character before finalizing it, please email me a copy and I can use it to find the problem.  srchummer5@gmail.com  Thanks!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #91 on: <07-09-14/2013:00> »
BTW is there a way to save the character sheets as a .pdf?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #92 on: <07-09-14/2051:14> »
Go to print, there should be an option to save it as a pdf. 

On another note, the Options menu is giving me an error when I click the 'OK' button. 

Adam

« Reply #93 on: <07-09-14/2117:29> »
Directly as a feature of Chummer, no. Some OS's give you the option of printing to PDF so you may try that.

Horngeek, yeah... that's one I found recently. Select a default character sheet and it'll work just fine in the meantime.

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #94 on: <07-10-14/0753:15> »
Install PDF Redirect It installs a printer on your system that you print to to make a PDF. Works great.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #95 on: <07-10-14/1001:18> »
looks great, needs the vehicle mods + extra cars/vans/drones from stolen souls adding though, you currently can't make much of a wheelman
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #96 on: <07-10-14/1648:50> »
I do not know if this is me being inept in operating the program or a real issue. But when I add acyber arm that has str (either custom or enhanced or both) and spurs, the spur still lists damage as base str+2.

Adam

« Reply #97 on: <07-10-14/1700:31> »
I do not know if this is me being inept in operating the program or a real issue. But when I add acyber arm that has str (either custom or enhanced or both) and spurs, the spur still lists damage as base str+2.

Not inept by any stretch...  Just to make sure I have it right, a weapon implanted in a cyberlimb that uses Strength as part of the damage calculation should use the cyberlimb's strength value for damage calculations.  I'll have to look to see if original Chummer handled that and I broke it or if this is new code.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #98 on: <07-10-14/2003:58> »
In the Gear section:
Under Weapons, the Throwing Weapon section is empty -- no Shuriken or Throwing Knives.

Under Qualities:
The Way of the Beast is listed as 15 Karma when the book has it as 20 Karma.
« Last Edit: <07-10-14/2005:31> by celondon »
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Adam

« Reply #99 on: <07-10-14/2027:41> »
I'm removing the Throwing Weapon section in the next build. All throwing weapons are handled as ammunition and are purchased under Gear. This change simply reverts it to the way it worked in original Chummer.

I deliberately set Way of the Beast (and Spiritual Way) as 15 karma as both of them grant you a free Mentor Spirit (with a cost of 5 karma).  I can try to adjust the code so that it grants Mentor Spirit for free if you already have one of those two ways but I'm not sure that it's really worth the effort.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #100 on: <07-10-14/2045:10> »
I'm removing the Throwing Weapon section in the next build. All throwing weapons are handled as ammunition and are purchased under Gear. This change simply reverts it to the way it worked in original Chummer.

I deliberately set Way of the Beast (and Spiritual Way) as 15 karma as both of them grant you a free Mentor Spirit (with a cost of 5 karma).  I can try to adjust the code so that it grants Mentor Spirit for free if you already have one of those two ways but I'm not sure that it's really worth the effort.

Ah, okay! Thanks for the info and the great work!
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Adam

« Reply #101 on: <07-10-14/2112:09> »
Gladly! I'd much rather you report a bug I fixed 5 minutes ago than not report a bug I haven't seen or heard of.

Adam

« Reply #102 on: <07-10-14/2124:35> »

Ah, okay! Thanks for the info and the great work!

You know... I said that and immediately it felt wrong. That "not sure that it's really worth the effort" part.  So I went in and figured out how to make it work.  The next build will correctly charge 20 karma for The Beast's Way and The Spiritual Way AND grant the Mentor Spirit for free if you have either of those two qualities.

By the way as of right now I'm planning on releasing the next build tomorrow (Friday July 11th) probably around late afternoon Eastern time.  I've got a ton going into this build and I'm doing a lot of testing to try to make sure it's clean.

Azmodael

• Newb
« Reply #103 on: <07-11-14/0158:09> »
Is it possible to make some sort of log which tells you what you bought with Karma post chargen, the order you bought it in and the cost? It could be a great way to track character progress.

Adam

« Reply #104 on: <07-11-14/0551:06> »
That should already be present on the "Karma and Nuyen" tab that you get once you mark the character as Created.

Just to make sure, once you have built the character and have begun play with that character, you go to the Character Info tab and check the box labelled "Mark character as Created" and then save the character (usually to a new file in case you ever need to go back to the base character). You're now in Career mode and will get several extra tabs for handling your character's progress including the Karma and Nuyen tab mentioned above.