NEWS

Ever have enough???

• 17 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <08-11-11/0742:04> »
Don't know If I've told this before...ah well, here it is again.

At Put-In-Bay, at the end of the season, all us island workers would have one hell of a party. One bar, the Boathouse, would serve what they called "White Spider". It was easy to make: take all remaining clear liquor on the shelf, pour into a tub. Stir once with a boat oar, and serve. The reason it was called "White Spider": it had one HELL of a bite. It was also different every year.

My last year, I had five. Or, at least that's what I was told. Dont rememer much after number three.

;)

Used to be a local bar here, The Hurricane, and the bartender Tommy was consistently ranked #1 in Kansas City. Tommy had a thing where you'd go "Tommy, SLAY ME!" and he'd walk around the bar and mix a concoction of whatever looked interesting to him. Last time I had multiples of this I married a couple on the pool table, tried to pick a fight with the cigarette machine and rendered a pitch perfect version of Danny boy before promptly passing out.

Then there was the time we went Hollywood's in Pittsburgh Kansas for 25 cent Kamikaze night and handed the waitress 5 bucks each.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <08-11-11/0947:57> »
Canada has something similar called the "649", the idea came from the national lottery "Lotto 6/49".

Top shelf, sixth bottle from the right.  Middle shelf, fourth bottle from the left.  Bottom shelf, ninth bottle from the right.  Some people reverse the sides, just for variety.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-11-11/0957:37> »
It continually amazes me that I have made it as long as I have, given my willful stupidity early on.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."