NEWS

Updates on upcoming products?

• 297 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <05-13-14/1456:35> »
I like the green cover better for Echo Mirage.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <05-13-14/1614:27> »
I kinda like the "full bleed" layout of blue EM cover, but prefer the art of the green...oh well ;)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #92 on: <05-13-14/1622:04> »
I agree AJ.  The art from the blue cover was actually used in SR4 for Arsenal, I think.  The action element of the green cover makes me more inclined to want to open the book and see what's going on inside.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <05-13-14/2206:51> »
Yeah, it's kind of ironic...was never a huge fan of the SR4 cover, but I do like this version... ::) You're bang on with the action element....much more intriguing, from my perspective as well.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <05-13-14/2315:21> »
RT @catalystgamelab: FYI: Zimmerman's name is on the WIP covers because he has the longest name from the current crop of authors. A little future-proofing. -Matt

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #95 on: <05-14-14/0102:57> »
Hey guys.  Don't get too excited here.  They're not real covers (except for Frost and Fire), or even real products.  They were putting together images, titles, and author names just to show you how the layout/art design process can go, not because I wrote an actual Echo Mirage novel. 

I mean, I kind of want to now, and it has to have a cool motorcycle chase in it (because I'm a fan of the green cover, myself), so that a team of combat deckers are fighting the first great battle in the Matrix while their meat-bodies are being threatened by an implacable elven street samurai (with the Shadowrun logo on his tee shirt)...but I didn't, and it's not planned.  Other stuff is.  Even other stuff with my name on it, with a working cover (that looks awesome).  Just not Echo Mirage

Look closely, and you'll see the back-cover blurb is just the lyrics to Electric Avenue, too.  Which, I mean, it also gave me an idea for a story, but I'd never submit that for a synopsis.  Not by itself, at least.   ;D

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #96 on: <05-14-14/0107:40> »
Well, crap. I was hoping for an Echo Mirage novel.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #97 on: <05-14-14/0128:45> »
Look closely, and you'll see the back-cover blurb is just the lyrics to Electric Avenue, too.  Which, I mean, it also gave me an idea for a story, but I'd never submit that for a synopsis.  Not by itself, at least.   ;D

HA!  Oh my god, I just noticed that.  That's HILARIOUS.  It is nearly 2 AM and I am giggling like an idiot to myself from that.  Like serious, what the hell.
« Last Edit: <05-14-14/0130:16> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <05-14-14/0725:54> »
 :-[

Completely missed that...thanks Critias. /sigh/

On the bright side, Frost and Fire is done and off to the printer...hopefully we'll be getting a digital release soon. In a perfect world it would be today or tomorrow, before I head off to Indonesia and Australia for business...lots of air time to kill... :-\

martinchaen

« Reply #99 on: <05-14-14/1458:14> »
Boo, I was seriously stoked about an Echo Mirage novel .

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #100 on: <05-14-14/1533:11> »
Not that I would hold anyone to a full date or anything.

But is there even a timeframe, like Mid 2014 or Late 2015 or anything for this "Street Grimore" book, if that is the working title ?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #101 on: <05-14-14/1618:43> »
Not that I would hold anyone to a full date or anything.

Doesn't matter if you would - Catalyst won't put out a date until they're 110% sure they can meet it.

But is there even a timeframe, like Mid 2014 or Late 2015 or anything for this "Street Grimore" book, if that is the working title ?

I can tell you this: no art for it means it's not likely to come out in 2014.  From what I've seen thus far, it takes a good 6 months from the release of art for the book before it comes out.  You'll start to see preview PDFs about two months prior to release.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #102 on: <05-14-14/1859:56> »
Doesn't matter if you would - Catalyst won't put out a date until they're 110% sure they can meet it.
I know, but sometimes they give hits on what is in the pipeline at least.
Right now from what is above it there isn't much that is clear it seems.

From what I've seen thus far, it takes a good 6 months from the release of art for the book before it comes out. 
Hmm, I didn't realize that.  Good tidbit to know really.  Thank you :)

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <05-14-14/2101:30> »
I know, but sometimes they give hits on what is in the pipeline at least.
Right now from what is above it there isn't much that is clear it seems.

We have Stolen Souls..and the Intro Boxed set and Runner's Toolkit for 5th coming up..(Splintered States is
already out). After that, there is nothing more. Their blog about splitting the Intro Boxed set, BTW, is wrong,
because none of that was changed in the comprehensive list of stuff that is coming out.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <05-14-14/2103:17> »
The most recent book mentioned by Randall is Stolen Souls, but no announcement as to when it'll be available.

The only official word on Street Grimoire is its name, and that was announced in February.