NEWS

starting nuyen

• 6 Replies

bmoham

• Newb
« on: <07-31-12/2251:07> »
How do you calculate starting nuyen for missions?

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #1 on: <08-06-12/1645:37> »
Not sure what you mean.  If you mean starting character its based on your lifesytle plus leftover cash up to 1200 which adds 1 per 100 to the roll.  If its a premade mission these include numbers and are modified by negotation tests.  If you mean a home game then its usually 4 to 5k a session depending on how successful and if the team also steals anything else or recovers paydata.
« Last Edit: <08-06-12/1714:22> by Henzington »
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

bmoham

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-06-12/2124:18> »
Not sure what you mean.  If you mean starting character its based on your lifesytle plus leftover cash up to 1200 which adds 1 per 100 to the roll.

Sorry. I meant when you're making a new character for the shadowrun Missions campaign, how do you calculate the die roll for starting nuyen? You can't really "buy hits" on a roll like that, but it seems a little cumbersome to have to wait until you're sitting at a game table (especially at a convention) to roll starting money and buy things with it. It could just be the honor system, but large scale campaigns like this tend not to rely on the honor system.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #3 on: <08-06-12/2142:55> »
Not sure what you mean.  If you mean starting character its based on your lifesytle plus leftover cash up to 1200 which adds 1 per 100 to the roll.

Sorry. I meant when you're making a new character for the shadowrun Missions campaign, how do you calculate the die roll for starting nuyen? You can't really "buy hits" on a roll like that, but it seems a little cumbersome to have to wait until you're sitting at a game table (especially at a convention) to roll starting money and buy things with it. It could just be the honor system, but large scale campaigns like this tend not to rely on the honor system.

It's pretty much the honor system, yeah. Missions is less of a "massive campaign" and more of a "Quick Play version" that has seasonal story-arcs.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #4 on: <08-07-12/1708:47> »
You could just assume an "average" roll of 7 for 2d6 and go from there.
« Last Edit: <08-07-12/1716:12> by Henzington »
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <08-07-12/1752:36> »
You can roll.  Even if you cheat, the max you can start with isn't really enough to impact the game much.  We'll trust you. :)

bmoham

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-07-12/1823:34> »
Thanks everyone.. I got 13 with 4d6, so I doubt anyone will think I cheated in any case.