NEWS

[SR5] Rigger jumped in firing his vehicule weapons

• 34 Replies

Aaron

« Reply #30 on: <07-01-16/0506:11> »
I believe that's supposed to read "+2 to Matrix Tests" on page 266. That wouldn't be the only typo in that sentence.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <07-01-16/0724:48> »
I believe that's supposed to read "+2 to Matrix Tests" on page 266. That wouldn't be the only typo in that sentence.

There we have it, folks. Likely the most official answer we're likely to see in a while.

For those keeping notes at home, based on ClaytonCross's options, I believe we are going with option C: the text in the Rigger chapter is a typo and should read +2 just like it says in the Matrix chapter.

Personally, ClaytonCross, I had completely missed the section from the Rigger chapter that you quoted. I had thought you were referring to the Control Rig bonuses listed in the Gear Chapter. Had I realized you were comparing the two quotes you posted I probably would have erred on the side of A or C myself. I would have gone with A because I would have taken that change as a "specific trumps general" with Riggers benefiting from the Control Rig bonus as well as the hot-sim bonus, I would have read that as a balancer...

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <07-01-16/0822:42> »
And probably to Matrix Actions, rather than Matrix Tests, unless THAT is a typo in Matrix rules and we should gain +2 on defending as well as attacking in hot sim !

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #33 on: <07-01-16/0844:59> »

I am saving a link to this for later reference.  ;D
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #34 on: <03-22-17/1148:04> »
Just posting to include the original quote by Aaron because I ran across it in another post. The same question keeps coming up and Aarons post here:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24322.30

And Aarons post above seem to contradict each other. That said I thing the more recent call is likely the correct one.
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.