NEWS

New Copy of SR5 has pages falling out!

• 93 Replies

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <12-11-13/1014:04> »
Hello, i wanna ask if this "pages falling out" problem still continues? Im currently arriving to the states and i was thinking of buying a copy of SR5 but now im not sure as im gonna be in the states for only 1 months so if my book starts to fall appart i dont think im gonna be able to contact battle corps in time.

How common this problem is?

Thank you

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <12-11-13/1357:55> »
It doesn't appear to be very common. My copy certainly hasn't had any issues, and only a handful of people have reported problems.

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <12-11-13/1606:59> »
It doesn't appear to be very common. My copy certainly hasn't had any issues, and only a handful of people have reported problems.

thanks for the answe  :D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <12-11-13/1614:37> »
Mine started pulling away from the spine, and I put a little super glue in between there and it hasn't started pulling away again as yet. Probably wouldn't help if loose pages have started coming out, but I just thought that some who were having some issues might appreciate it.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #64 on: <12-11-13/1750:58> »
I had this issue with two books in a row. The first book lasted about a week before the pages started coming loose which I took back to the store and the owner replaced it for me and the second book immediately started losing pages. I just e-mailed catalyst to see what they can do for me, here's hoping.

They were slow to get back to me but replaced the faulty books.

Just hang in there.

Ok, so I talked to someone named Dawn via email and I explained that I bought it from a local gameshop and she asked for an order number so she can replace it. I don't have one since I bought my copy in person in an actual physical brick and mortar store. I've replied to her twice since she asked for the order number and have gotten no response at all. What can I do to get my book replaced if Dawn won't answer me.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <12-11-13/1810:19> »
I had this issue with two books in a row. The first book lasted about a week before the pages started coming loose which I took back to the store and the owner replaced it for me and the second book immediately started losing pages. I just e-mailed catalyst to see what they can do for me, here's hoping.

Just hang in there.

Ok, so I talked to someone named Dawn via email and I explained that I bought it from a local gameshop and she asked for an order number so she can replace it. I don't have one since I bought my copy in person in an actual physical brick and mortar store. I've replied to her twice since she asked for the order number and have gotten no response at all. What can I do to get my book replaced if Dawn won't answer me.

Has the most recent one actually lost any so far, or is it just starting to come away from the spine? If the latter, you could try what I posted--above--that I did.

Gotta say though, even looking at the picture someone posted in this thread, it doesn't seem as bad as the old White Wolf books were.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <12-11-13/2318:41> »

Just hang in there.

Has the most recent one actually lost any so far, or is it just starting to come away from the spine? If the latter, you could try what I posted--above--that I did.

Gotta say though, even looking at the picture someone posted in this thread, it doesn't seem as bad as the old White Wolf books were.

No I've legit had every page I've open to come loose. A good 1/4 of the book is just pages I've slid back in with the desperate hope that I can get a replacement somehow. I figured I could try babying the book until the second printing came out and it looks like since I've been hung out to dry I may just have to live with not having a book until the second printing comes out. Needless to say I am EXTREMELY unhappy with how Catalyst has tried to help me.

VonEros

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <12-12-13/0935:43> »
I am having the same issue. I told them upfront that I bought mine through a Con booth. The first 1/4 of the damned book has fallen out. I have heard noting at all. I would really like to have, at least, heard that they cold not help me due to the the third party sale. Very poor customer service. Also, this issue is clearly not that rare. There are many people who have viewed this and a good number that have said they are having similar problems. Some of these folks had the Super Phat Mayan Edition fall to tatters. An official statement would be nice...

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #68 on: <12-12-13/1754:29> »
I am having the same issue. I told them upfront that I bought mine through a Con booth. The first 1/4 of the damned book has fallen out. I have heard noting at all. I would really like to have, at least, heard that they cold not help me due to the the third party sale. Very poor customer service. Also, this issue is clearly not that rare. There are many people who have viewed this and a good number that have said they are having similar problems. Some of these folks had the Super Phat Mayan Edition fall to tatters. An official statement would be nice...

Exactly, I paid good money for this book and I'm by no means rich so paying $60 for a book I can't even use is kind of a problem.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <12-13-13/1038:53> »
If you bought it at a brick and mortar why not go talk to the store owner? He can probably contact his distributor and at the very least get order numbers etc.

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <12-16-13/0809:58> »
My new copy is holding up nicely. I did have that problem as well with my first book, but I wrote in, provided photos of how it looked and explained and they said me a book. I contacted CGL directly and not battlecorps or whatever the site is.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <12-16-13/0935:47> »
I contacted CGL directly and not battlecorps or whatever the site is.

BattleCorps and Catalyst Game Labs are both part of InMediaRes.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <01-06-14/1438:17> »
Well I just had mine fall apart on me to and it was like a section of it just plopped out. Surprised the hell out of me as the section that came free I wasn't even looking at. I have contacted battleshop as that is who I ordered it through. Ironically this was my second book as it appears my first order got lost.  I have high hopes for the company and am just glad I have a PDF copy as well to use as I wait a response.
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #73 on: <01-06-14/2119:56> »
I've had my book since 2nd week of release. It had been abused to heck and back (12 flights, stuffed into a backpack with electrical equipment, had glycol spilled on the back cover)

And all my pages are still firm for the amount of abuse the book has taken.

Heart goes out to those of you that are having problems.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <01-06-14/2149:27> »
I've had my book since 2nd week of release. It had been abused to heck and back (12 flights, stuffed into a backpack with electrical equipment, had glycol spilled on the back cover)

And all my pages are still firm for the amount of abuse the book has taken.

Heart goes out to those of you that are having problems.

I remember when TacOps for BattleTech came out, and they were having similar issues with some of the books. I think it is
something with whoever does their binding. Some of the larger books, a small, but noticeable, percentage have issues. Then
there are people like me who get the good luck and the books hold together through years.