NEWS

Machine Mind

• 20 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-24-22/1413:39> »
Regardless of how thin the Karma gets spread it still gives Awakened a chance to be viable hackers without harming their essence with a CyberJack.
Cyberjack is not mandatory and doesn't really even add any value as long as you are hacking via AR and as long as you are not attacked.

A magician (that already have a focus in Logic anyway) can already also be a hacker by using a regular mundane cyberdeck (to enable attack and sleaze actions and matrix edge actions) + commlink (for basic firewall and data processing) + trodes (for DNI if they want to go VR).

0 Essence.

Karma is still needed for Electronics skill and Cracking skill.

Rest is just resources (and if you don't care about matrix AR you don't even need to invest that much resources).

mik212

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <04-24-22/1633:20> »
Commlinks dont have great stats for Data Processing and Firewall. This has the chance of giving decent stats as long as the Awakened has decent mental stats

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-24-22/1643:04> »
If that is your concern I think it would make more sense to instead use suggested commlink ratings from this source.

mik212

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-24-22/1651:39> »
If that is your concern I think it would make more sense to instead use suggested commlink ratings from this source.

Yes. Those are much better. Far more reasonable imo. So this was the writer who did the matrix section in the Core Book?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-24-22/2204:17> »

Yes. Those are much better. Far more reasonable imo. So this was the writer who did the matrix section in the Core Book?

Yes, that was me ... the higher commlink attributes are not necessary but several people thought they should be higher so if that's the case the guide was my suggestion

Also FYI ..  I consider the Refugee and it's magical matrix abilities to be an abomination that will never see the light of day in any game I run or material I write.
« Last Edit: <04-24-22/2206:50> by Banshee »
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

mik212

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-24-22/2243:17> »
Also FYI ..  I consider the Refugee and it's magical matrix abilities to be an abomination that will never see the light of day in any game I run or material I write.

Totally fair. Thanks for writing the alt rules.