Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Just got updated SR6 PDF. What changed?

<< < (8/8)

MercilessMing:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---I mean they sent out the mail that it was deliberate? "Customers who previously purchased Shadowrun, Sixth World will be upgraded to the City Edition: Seattle PDF at no charge."

--- End quote ---
My email was much less verbose.  Here is the entire message:

--- Quote ---Hello,

Shadowrun: Sixth World Core Rulebook - PDF has been updated.

visit:
(Download hyperlink)
to access your updated content

Thank You,
Catalyst Game Labs Store
--- End quote ---

Typhus:

--- Quote ---If you haven't accepted that SR6 not only embraces but relies on GM discretion, I don't know what to say.
--- End quote ---

Heh. 

So, "GM Discretion" is another way to say I just won more work.  Also, new GMs need some kind of guidance.  Having no guidelines at all for some things is not a point of appeal.  I always have discretion if I don't like the guidance or need to make an exception. 

Nor is the CRB consistent with this philosophy, considering the specificity of some rules like acceleration, gas concentrations and barrier breaching.  Those are examples of areas I'd rather see more handwavium as a baseline.  There's a sweet spot between no guidance at all and a baseline I can play around with easily.  Some parts of SR6e have that, others not at all.  Consistency is what I'm feeling the absence of.  But as you say, that's well into rewrite territory.

But no need to address that.  The new rules themselves all look good.  The changes hit that sweet spot for me.  I think Combat overall is as good as its going to get, and the other changes all seem positive.  The archetypes are mostly legit now.  The rules I dislike are fringe cases that don't come up often, and now I have workarounds for the vehicle rule issues.  I don't know if I'd ever run it, but I'd play it if invited to a game, and overall it's definitely at it's best point yet.

Thanks again for the discussion.

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---
--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---I mean they sent out the mail that it was deliberate? "Customers who previously purchased Shadowrun, Sixth World will be upgraded to the City Edition: Seattle PDF at no charge."

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Hello,

visit:
(Download hyperlink)

Thank You,
Catalyst Game Labs Store
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Ah, so you got an update from drivethrurpg. I got the mail from CGL, and quoted a relevant part from it.

MercilessMing:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Hello,

visit:
(Download hyperlink)

Thank You,
Catalyst Game Labs Store
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Ah, so you got an update from drivethrurpg. I got the mail from CGL, and quoted a relevant part from it.

--- End quote ---
you must have that backwards?  I got an update from Catalyst obviously because my email was signed by the catalyst game labs store. W/e

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Hello,

visit:
(Download hyperlink)

Thank You,
Catalyst Game Labs Store
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
you must have that backwards?  I got an update from Catalyst obviously because my email was signed by the catalyst game labs store. W/e

--- End quote ---
I got the newsletter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version