Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[6e] Jumping

(1/4) > >>

MercilessMing:
Will there be errata on Jumping coming in the next release?  the rule buried in Hydraulic Jacks is terrible, and the German rule isn't much better.

The English rule buried in Hydraulic Jacks pg 290: ATH + STR test, character jumps .1 meter vertically for each hit,  or .2 meter horizontally for each hit.  Hydraulic Jacks add their rating as a dice pool mod.

German rule (as I've heard it from Reddit): Dex + Athletics, each success lets you jump 1 meter/yard from standing and 2 meters/yards with momentum. Also, 0.5 meters/yards per success straight up into the air, up to 1.5x[your height].

The English rule is terrible because the numbers are so low and leave out standing vs running jump.  The German rule is terrible because the numbers vary wildly by success total.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Short answer is yes. The new rule will abandon determining  exact distance/height. Because, in play, that typically doesn't matter. What matters is did you jump high/far enough, so it's going to a standard, threshold-based success test.

I can't say when it will go public (because I don't know), but I have my hopes that you'll see official publication for Gen Con.

Smogg:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---What matters is did you jump high/far enough, so it's going to a standard, threshold-based success test.

--- End quote ---

That makes so much sense!

MercilessMing:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---Short answer is yes. The new rule will abandon determining  exact distance/height. Because, in play, that typically doesn't matter. What matters is did you jump high/far enough, so it's going to a standard, threshold-based success test.

I can't say when it will go public (because I don't know), but I have my hopes that you'll see official publication for Gen Con.

--- End quote ---
Thanks.  Hardy said in that recent interview that he hopes the Seattle edition of the CRB will be available at Gen Con; if that's true and it contains the errata does that mean it's all final now because printing is happening?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
I hope so.

I cant promise or say for sure, because errata team is separated from what's published by a couple layers.  Sometimes what gets printed isn't what was put in to BE printed...see the "strength adds to AR" chaos.  For what it's worth, THAT is supposed to be fixed once and for all, too :D we'll just have to see, in the end...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version