• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-19-15/0451:11> »
Skills A are super fun.
What book introduce Pixie ? ;)

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <01-19-15/0506:14> »
What book introduce Pixie ? ;)
Run Faster. pg 99 for Fluff, pg 105 for stats/qualities.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <01-19-15/1559:29> »
Looks aweosome, might borrow this for a game sometime :) . Can't find any problems with it, although I do second getting rid off uneducated as soon as possible.

Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

8-bit

« Reply #18 on: <01-19-15/1709:15> »
Looks aweosome, might borrow this for a game sometime :) . Can't find any problems with it, although I do second getting rid off uneducated as soon as possible.

Feel free to do so, although change anything you like to make it suit your style.

I am going to get rid of Uneducated ... at some point. It is part of the flavor (not really good with machines; just loves to mess around with people), but it's just too expensive to get rid of in Sum to 10.

Minor changes to the spell list: I got rid of Fireball; switched Lightning Bolt to Ball Lightning; and picked up Trid Phantasm.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-19-15/1916:22> »
Trying to think of something better than the whole Conjuring skill group, but really whatever haha.

250 reagants might not be enough if you go on a Binding spree and still want some left over to play spell Limit tricks with.
Playability > verisimilitude.

8-bit

« Reply #20 on: <01-19-15/2021:42> »
I wasn't too keen on the Conjuring skill group either, to be honest. The problem was, I had so many skill group points and nowhere to put them. Half of the groups I don't or can't use, half of the remaining are things I don't want to get the group for, and that leaves like 2 groups. In the end, I figured losing 2 dice from lost specializations was a small price to pay for a load of extra skill points to spend elsewhere.

Again, Skills B is just slightly too low for the concept. Sadly.

250 Reagents would get me 2 Force 5 Spirits (then I'm out), but I figure I can maybe get 1 Force 6 or just a couple of Force 4s to tide me over for a bit.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-20-15/0152:59> »
If you can afford the extra karma or give up one of the spells - 
Improve intuition seems to go a long way for your character. As it gives you better assessing, better disguise, better combat doge and initiative, better perception  and better drain resistance.  That translate into more effective banishing/binding/combat and spellcasting.

The sustaining overhead will bite into the effectiveness, but there is a walk around.
A bound spirit can sustain a spell as a service for force combat rounds.  Since combats are not super long (3 rounds seems like plenty of time for me), even a low force spirit will sustain this stuff for you when you really need the kick.
(their services are also cheap since you get more services, and the binding is also cheaper).

8-bit

« Reply #22 on: <01-20-15/0202:26> »
Improve Intuition wouldn't be too bad to get eventually, especially once I get Quickening. Having spirits sustain is extremely abusive of spirits, who then will become reluctant to help you and may even refuse to be summoned. It's usually best to be on the good side of spirits, so that you can keep using them.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-20-15/0245:16> »
There is spell bind that is evil, but spell sustaining is also consider evil ? (for a few rounds during combat?)

8-bit

« Reply #24 on: <01-20-15/1108:00> »
There is spell bind that is evil, but spell sustaining is also consider evil ? (for a few rounds during combat?)

Actually, you're right, it's not considered to be bad.

However, it does use up spirit services quickly, and bound spirit services, at that. It seems like a lot of investment to get 2-4 more Intuition for short periods of time. And I still have to soak the drain when casting it.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #25 on: <01-20-15/1645:03> »
Sorry this is slightly off topic but are there rules some where for what gear a pixie can use? At 1.5 meters I guess they are big enough to handle most of the small sized weapons in the game. But I'm not totally sure on that. This concept has made me want to build a pixie gun adept just to see what it looks like.
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/1647:26> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <01-20-15/1703:35> »
Pixies are less than half a meter tall. Not one and a half.
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

8-bit

« Reply #27 on: <01-20-15/1715:15> »
Sorry this is slightly off topic but are there rules some where for what gear a pixie can use? At 1.5 meters I guess they are big enough to handle most of the small sized weapons in the game. But I'm not totally sure on that. This concept has made me want to build a pixie gun adept just to see what it looks like.

As Squirrel said, they are less than 0.5 meters. I assume they can use just about everything (outside of like, LMGs). There is no gear restriction, nor is there an extra cost to have stuff refit for them. I'm not sure if that's an oversight or deliberate, but that's how it is.

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <01-20-15/1727:21> »
They using regular gear makes rarely any sense at all. Heck an extended clip for an assault rifle is roughly the same size. How can you possibly use the rifle?
Combined with their extremely low numbers, there should be no off the shelf gear of any kind for them. Who can effort to mass produce for maybe 10 inhabitants of a city? Especially since they heavily favor nature as habitat.

Ruleswise this means nothing, as there is just nothing said.
My HR would be to HR EVERY single item when the char wants to acquire it. A regular Knife is a two-handed broadsword for them if they can even put their hands around the handle....
That being said, for such small beings, human-sized stuff can be used for different purposes. A T-shirt is a blanket etc.
Those items obviously cost the same.
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

8-bit

« Reply #29 on: <01-20-15/1741:34> »
My HR would be to HR EVERY single item when the char wants to acquire it. A regular Knife is a two-handed broadsword for them if they can even put their hands around the handle....
That being said, for such small beings, human-sized stuff can be used for different purposes. A T-shirt is a blanket etc.
Those items obviously cost the same.

Not only would this be extremely complex, but it's rather unnecessary. Hell, the fluff of Run Faster has a pixie using a miniaturized rifle. If anything, I would be imposing a lifestyle cost, similar to Trolls.

And I would rather not get into the discussion, at least not here, of how a miniaturized rifle could possible have the same power as larger counterpart. Some things require suspension of disbelief.