Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

Neo-Tokyo - Thoughts on the need for vehicles

(1/3) > >>

prophet42:
Just started Season 9 & our local crew went with the concept of being members of a band.

Catgirl lead singer & electric koto player
   Univ. girl on tycho drums
   Tech-head decker on keyboards
   Katana adept on bass
   Oni manager who also covers the sound & lights

So you know there's going to be a discussion about how we schlep our gear from gig to gig.

Should we all chip in on a van (if so, what type might work best in NT)?
All go the biker route (pity the sad tycho drum player)?
Plan on High Lifestyle covering the costs of a vehicle service?

Side note - how much would a non-bike vehicle stick out in Neo-Tokyo?
I picture a lot of foot traffic with the occasional biker gang whizzing past.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
An Ares Roadmaster emblazoned with the band logo (yrzed out level 1 perhaps? :D ) would work just as well in Neo-Tokyo as any other Sprawl of the Sixth World.

Ghost Rigger:

--- Quote from: prophet42 on ---Just started Season 9 & our local crew went with the concept of being members of a band.
--- End quote ---
A poor decision in my opinion, as musicians who by nature thrive on being well-known seems a like something that would not mix with shadowrunning. But let's focus on your vehicle problem: yes, you should get a van. People often need to move things they can't carry around, so having a van will not cause people to be suspicious of you....unless it's a Roadmaster, but that vehicle has its own perks.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Ghost Rigger on ---....
A poor decision in my opinion, as musicians who by nature thrive on being well-known seems a like something that would not mix with shadowrunning.

--- End quote ---

Boo.  You sound like my own local Neo-Tokyo players who don't appreciate my Kawaii Metal dancer/Cover Ops infiltrator.  I clearly need to be playing with the OP's crowd.

Rockers and Cyberpunk have always gone together.

prophet42:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: Ghost Rigger on ---....
A poor decision in my opinion, as musicians who by nature thrive on being well-known seems a like something that would not mix with shadowrunning.

--- End quote ---

Boo.  You sound like my own local Neo-Tokyo players who don't appreciate my Kawaii Metal dancer/Cover Ops infiltrator.  I clearly need to be playing with the OP's crowd.

Rockers and Cyberpunk have always gone together.

--- End quote ---

Yep - our thought was that not only does the rocker cover give the team a reason to be in a ton of different places, but that its actually a pretty fun concept to play.

Heck - we got past the bouncers in the first encounter of 9-01 by giving them a street audition & the team's singer managed an impromptu duet with Dmitri of Trolling Thunder on the way out (Whisky & Wodka - a love song).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version