NEWS

Shadowrun Missions Season Four FAQ released!

• 11 Replies

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: <12-29-10/2216:26> »
So if I'm "promoting" my character with 96 Karma to Prime status, I still get 1 free 4 BP contact and 1 Benefit right?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <12-29-10/2247:26> »
That is correct. :)

I'll probably do the same with Rush. :)

Bull

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-08-11/2153:55> »
I looked at the new FAQ, and have a question. Martial Arts is not listed as a disallowed quality, yet it isnt listed as an allowable rule under the 'Arsenal' section of the FAQ. Can I get some clarification please?

And, as someone who got involved in roleplay games late in life, I found the Missions to be extremely enjoyable to play through and give the Missions team two thumbs up for their efforts!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-10-11/1252:23> »
I moved, and am currently without 'net access, so forgive slow responses to anything here for a couple weeks.

Anyway, to answer the question...  Don't have my books handy, but Martial Arts are not technically a Quality, but are an optional set of rules, and are in the "Disallowed Optional Rules" for Arsenal. 

Bull

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-10-11/2340:44> »
Thank you for the clarification.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-16-11/2007:35> »
FAQ, p.7:
There is a hard cap of 20 dice or twice the natural pool of Stat +
Skill on all tests (p. 61, SR4A), whichever is higher.

So, if I understand this correctly, tests without skills, such as damage resistance, are capped at 20? Asking this, since a troll character I was working on can get past 20 between Body, armor, and cyberware.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-16-11/2223:49> »
Damage Resistance is a weird one.  And unclear, I admit.  My understanding is that no, you don't have to worry about losing dice.  For purposes of Damage Resistance, Armor replaces Skill for the test.  It's still possible to "Cap out" if you pick up a few things that give you dice pool bonuses to resistance tests (Such as the Toughness Quality), though.

(Note that the Troll's Dermal Armor adds directly to your cumulative Armor and isn't a Dice Pool modifier).

Bull

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-17-11/0930:47> »
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Bull!

... I need to buy more dice now.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-25-11/1350:21> »
Something I just noticed when I checked the FAQ: I did not see the buying off of negative qualities specifically addressed. Is it possible to buy off non-metagenic negative qualities between missions? A generic example would be a character with mild addiction (novacoke) paying 10 karma.
A bit of a can of worms, here, as some qualities I can't see being bought off without surgery and/or therapy, such as Scorched or Albinism.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <01-25-11/1359:30> »
Something I just noticed when I checked the FAQ: I did not see the buying off of negative qualities specifically addressed. Is it possible to buy off non-metagenic negative qualities between missions? A generic example would be a character with mild addiction (novacoke) paying 10 karma.
A bit of a can of worms, here, as some qualities I can't see being bought off without surgery and/or therapy, such as Scorched or Albinism.

Quote from: SR4A, p. 271
If the gamemaster approves, a character can work off a negative quality by undertaking severe changes as appropriate to the quality. For example, a character with an Addiction quality must work hard to kick the habit, resisting the temptation to relapse for a significant period (chosen by the gamemaster). If the gamemaster feels that a character has made the necessary changes to shrug off a negative quality, he can allow that character to pay twice the quality’s BP cost to remove it.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-25-11/1413:24> »
For Missions, we try not to worry about it so much.  For most flaws, you can simply save up and pay the Karma Costs between Missions (You're assumed to have been working on overcoming the negative quality during your downtime).  If there's more involved (cyberware flaws, for example), you should also replace the cyberware, have the surgery to remove it, whatever.  As with anything else, a GM needs to approve and sign off, so if you're unsure of what you need to do, ask a Gamemaster.  They have certain discretionary powers when it comes to these things. :)

Bull