NEWS

[Resource][Maps] Seattle District Security and Info Printouts

• 10 Replies

Magnaric

• Chummer
« on: <02-13-15/2117:21> »
A while back there was an interactive Google Map of Seattle showing the districts and security ratings posted here, but looking at the Seattle 2072 book, I really wanted something like the district maps with the demographics and info blurb to the side as a reference. But it was missing the security ratings, which come in handy as a GM. So, after getting my fiance's help with some picture-editing shenanigans(which I suck at), I present to you guys my Seattle District Security and Information handouts. I figure if I use these combined with the section on Law Enforcement and security response from 3E's New Seattle(replacing Lone Star with Knight Errant), it'll work pretty good as a general reference.

Let me know what you guys think and if these will be useful in your own games.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3XYaASNSNc0T2dRNFNoeUs4NTg?resourcekey=0-lH0wrLReMfXIb9OLmZLZ6A
« Last Edit: <02-11-23/0711:14> by Magnaric »
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

toad

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-16-15/2221:16> »
Nicely done, thanks.

JBRocky

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-06-15/1739:31> »
I am starting up a Lone Star game and that's very handy.

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-06-15/1757:59> »
Glad to be of help. I like convenient GM references, so just happy more people can make use of them.
-Wyatt Earp

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #4 on: <07-21-15/1652:35> »
These are fantastic, and that whirring sound you hear is me downloading them and then popping them up to Roll20 for a game I'm starting. Thanks very much for doing this! I was contemplating the effort and was very relieved to find someone had already done so.

One question - did you incorporate any of the changes hinted at in the Seattle 2072 book, such as the post-Crash 2.0 real estate crashes in Everett and Tacoma, when calculating the ratings?
« Last Edit: <07-21-15/1657:00> by Belker »
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-21-15/1701:00> »
Happy to be if service. I love printed out resources or handouts and stuff to refer to, so glad when other people like them too.

I'm in a game in Manhattan right now so maybe if I get ambitious enough I'll do a set for there too.
-Wyatt Earp

Krindi

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-05-15/1413:33> »
Thank you for these, just starting a game in Seattle and returning to Shadowrun after 20 years off.  These will be much appreciated.

TheWayfinder

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-04-15/1822:38> »
Very nice.  I've been trying to do the same for the Portland metropolitan area.  Currently I've just been using print-outs of various areas and just filling in what kind of security ratings the areas have.  My players are kind of surprised that "Cara'Sir" isn't all AA, and I like surprising them every now and then. 

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <09-04-15/1824:42> »
Ha, good stuff. If you ever do something similar with the Portland area, I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at them for my own game.
-Wyatt Earp

TheWayfinder

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <09-04-15/1948:07> »
Ha, good stuff. If you ever do something similar with the Portland area, I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at them for my own game.

My problem is that I'd like to make them "sourcebook" quality, with the correct fonts and everything.  What I've done so far is use a series of road maps that I got for the PDX area, and I've been trying to edit them for my game.  I'm wondering if I have to bite the bullet and buy Photoshop to do the kind of maps I I'm looking to do?  I do have the kind of fonts used for the books, though.  As it stands right now I'd like to map out every district of the Portland area like this and add stuff accordingly.

However, I do have a listing of all the neighborhoods with Security Ratings, some fluff history, key locations, major roads, demographics, government, things like that.   Maybe I'll post that for now until I can figure out how to make the maps?

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-04-15/2032:32> »
For mine I used a copy of Paint Shop Pro to edit them, but Photoshop would probably work too. I can't remember what fonts I used but I actually found a couple that are nearly identical to the ones the core books use. I'd have to check the fonts with my fiance,  as she helped me make the maps.
-Wyatt Earp