NEWS

6e firearms firing modes

• 23 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #15 on: <08-23-19/0155:39> »
...excuse me, the Super Warhawk, which is based on the current day Blackhawk is a single action revolver, ergo one shot per round/action. The only way to fire multiple bullets is to "fan" the hammer which reduces accuracy (apologies, have fired an extended barrel .454 Blackhawk in RL).
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-23-19/0234:52> »
If you fan the hammer you get to fire 4 bullets at the same target in one major action. DV increase by 2. AR decrease by 4. Working as intended, no?

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <08-23-19/0946:20> »
...excuse me, the Super Warhawk, which is based on the current day Blackhawk is a single action revolver, ergo one shot per round/action. The only way to fire multiple bullets is to "fan" the hammer which reduces accuracy (apologies, have fired an extended barrel .454 Blackhawk in RL).

It’s not a stretch that in 2080 it’s a double action revolver. I don’t see the need for changing it off of SS it made it distinct from other heavy pistols.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #18 on: <08-26-19/0134:00> »
..if the Warhask is SA why bother with it as an Ares Predator has a larger magazine (along with built in internal Smartlink) and does the same DV?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-26-19/0138:06> »
..if the Warhask is SA why bother with it as an Ares Predator has a larger magazine (along with built in internal Smartlink) and does the same DV?

The Pred is 3P and the Warhawk is 4P.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-26-19/0345:21> »
The Yamaha Raiden's underbarrel shotgun has SS/SA, FWIW. Indicates at least one person thought there was a difference between the two.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <08-26-19/0403:40> »
Might be SR5 leftovers, where SS was '1 round, no recoil' and SA was 'recoil, semi-automatic burst possible', instead of the current 'SA IS the semi-automatic burst'.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <08-26-19/0642:57> »
The UB shottie's new on the Raiden though, so there's no comparison point.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <08-26-19/0649:01> »
Doesn't mean rules didn't change between guns being written up and final product.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!