Introductory Box Release Date

• 84 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <11-10-13/0106:39> »
Then perhaps others should be the focus of said cane and beating? ;D
My cane gets a lot of use, and is not something I think badly about having purchased.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

martinchaen

« Reply #31 on: <11-10-13/1139:21> »
TMI, CanRay. Or maybe it should be CaneRay...

:D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <11-11-13/0157:08> »
Then perhaps others should be the focus of said cane and beating? ;D
My cane gets a lot of use, and is not something I think badly about having purchased.
So THAT's what happened to the sheep!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <11-11-13/1258:59> »
No, it isn't.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-14-13/0442:45> »
From the CGL tumblr (http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/66893577312/a-day-in-the-life-shadowrun-introductory-box-set), the contents of The Box:
1. North America Poster Map

2. Computer Game Ad

3. 8 maps [order of maps is irrelavent]

4. 5 Character/GM Sheets [order of sheets is irrelavent]

5. Adventure Book (Plots and Paydata)

6. Rulebook (Rules of the Street)

7. World Book (The Edge of Now)

8. 4 Character Booklets [order of booklets is irrelavent]

9. Quick-Start Rules

10. Catalyst Catalog

11. Fire & Ice Novel Excerpt

12. Weapon/Equipment Cards

13. D6s in plolybag (1 bag)

14. Instruction Sheet

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-14-13/0712:24> »
From the CGL tumblr (http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/66893577312/a-day-in-the-life-shadowrun-introductory-box-set), the contents of The Box:
11. Fire & Ice Novel Excerpt

Novel excerpt...ahhh...Jason's comments on FB now making much more sense... :)

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <11-21-13/2021:04> »
all this talk... pre-ordered on it on Amazon.. I love this edition.. can't wait for the box.

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <12-15-13/1020:15> »
So... is this coming out the date it says on Amazon? I saw Dec 18th and its only a few days away, and suddenly I noticed the date is gone now.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <12-15-13/1139:45> »
As noted (at length ;D) elsewhere in the forums, you shouldn't put any stock in the release dates that Amazon has for SR (and all CGL) products. As we have no formal announcement from CGL, I don't think we'll be seeing this in print until well into Q1 2014 (though I'd be very happy to be proven wrong).

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-16-13/0146:29> »
The only SR product with a street date of December 18 is the SR5 GM Screen.

Which reminds me that when I get a chance I need to add the Street Date and Released tags to the appropriate tumblr posts.

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <12-16-13/0748:04> »
The only SR product with a street date of December 18 is the SR5 GM Screen.

Which reminds me that when I get a chance I need to add the Street Date and Released tags to the appropriate tumblr posts.

The box set had this date originally and that was the main reason I ordered it. LIKE I SAID, it suddenly changed from Dec 18th to No date.

martinchaen

« Reply #41 on: <12-16-13/0805:57> »
Lord Nikon; read this: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13598.0

As has already been stated in this very thread, Amazon release dates are not official.

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <12-16-13/0811:19> »
Lord Nikon; read this: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13598.0

As has already been stated in this very thread, Amazon release dates are not official.

OH I know. I am not mad AT ALL. I was just simply asking if there was any projected date on it..

martinchaen

« Reply #43 on: <12-16-13/0838:16> »
Your writing style indicates that you are, in fact, mad. Unless I'm just misjudging your tone, which is quite often the case on the internet; if that's the case, disregard. If you are mad, why? Anyone with a little bit of common sense should know by now that release dates are not set in stone until the message about items being shipped actually arrives; until that happens, all you can do is settle down and wait. Spending energy being mad because a product you want is not ready yet isn't very healthy, and it certainly won't make the product ship any faster.

In any case, to the best of my knowledge projected dates have not appeared anywhere here on the forums nor on their tumbler page. In fact, their last update on November 13th about the box set simply mentions that they are "about to send the Shadowrun Introductory Box Set off to print".

I'd say this is another classic example of the Army doctrine of "Hurry up and wait". I wouldn't be surprised if the Box Set arrives in Q1, 2014 at some point.

Another interesting point is that Run & Gun is mentioned on the same tumbler page as being "the first core rules expansion for Shadowrun, Fifth Edition…", on November 1st. I must have missed that earlier, but yay, Run & Gun! Also probably Q1, 2014, or as Blizzard puts it; soon. :D
« Last Edit: <12-16-13/0839:53> by martinchaen »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-16-13/0940:17> »
Regarding Run & Gun, JH(?) responded to a question/comment on FB for Gun Heaven 3 release that is was nearing layout:

Shadowrun SR5 Arsenal, called Run & Gun, is approaching layout. It's coming!