NEWS

Cavalier Arms Marshal (Heavy Pistol)

• 19 Replies

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <07-23-12/1331:40> »
I mentioned it because it's a point of contention as to whether it actually would mitigate it or not. There are those who believe it should because--like you said--it states recoil in the description, and there's those who always whine the word "overpowered" on everything.
Yeah, I figured it would be.  As much of a bad idea as it can be sometimes, I'm going with the 'common sense' angle for right now~
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~

Unadept

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <07-23-12/1816:46> »
At the end of the day, it's your gun and you can do what you want with it, but I look at this and say I would never put this in a catalog for player purchase.

Why?  It's perfect.

Every gun in the books is balanced with bonuses and limitations.  Want that higher fire power?  Sure, but it's SS, and low ammo.  This gun is pure win, and has no limitations, since it can be further modified with either internal or external smartlinks.  There is not a reason I can think of to not carry this weapon, assuming you houserule the High-Caliber ammo to be below 20F, other than I might want to use a silencer... and even then, I might look into getting a mage friend to cast Silence on me, because it's just that awesome.

Just pointing that out.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #17 on: <07-23-12/1836:31> »
Well, other than never ever being able to use other specialty ammo.

-k

Unadept

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <07-23-12/1843:35> »
Apparently they're planning to Houserule in High-Powered ammo as having specialty ammo types as well, adding to cost and availability.  Which, frankly, doesn't seem like a bad way to handle it, but removes that as a limitation, so long as you have the cash and connections.

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <07-23-12/1958:35> »
At the end of the day, it's your gun and you can do what you want with it, but I look at this and say I would never put this in a catalog for player purchase.

Why?  It's perfect.

Every gun in the books is balanced with bonuses and limitations.  Want that higher fire power?  Sure, but it's SS, and low ammo.  This gun is pure win, and has no limitations, since it can be further modified with either internal or external smartlinks.  There is not a reason I can think of to not carry this weapon, assuming you houserule the High-Caliber ammo to be below 20F, other than I might want to use a silencer... and even then, I might look into getting a mage friend to cast Silence on me, because it's just that awesome.

Just pointing that out.
the 'vintage' quality has been added to the gun now, preventing it from ever being smart-link capable, which is the main drawback I was going for.

in truth, for about ~1100 nuyen, you could add a bigger cylinder, gas-vent 2, a personalized grip, and SA firing to the Sheriff, and have it all in a smart gun package to boot.
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~