NEWS

For Pony there must be

• 25 Replies

Outrider45

« Reply #15 on: <01-11-12/2347:12> »
?  O.o
Sorry, I'm just not understanding the whole "Brony" phenomenon.

Okay, in short, the people that write the show actually put some depth into the characters, the visual style is excellent at conveying nuances of emotion and expression that add to the humor of the situations, and the script-writing varies from silly to surprisingly intellectual for a show like this. They also love to throw in little easter-eggs like background ponies modeled after the various incarnations of Dr. Who.

All you have to do is get past the occasional bits of Anvilicious "Moral Education" that all kids shows are required to have, and remind yourself that you're not any less of a man for laughing like hell at a character named Pinkie Pie.

If you've seen the show and don't like it, cool, but watch two episodes before you judge.
Oh, I get why there's a Brony "movement/culture/whatever". It's just not for me. ;)

Its true. FastJack is more of a Strawberry Shortcake fan.   ::)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #16 on: <01-12-12/0219:39> »
Oh, I get why there's a Brony "movement/culture/whatever". It's just not for me. ;)

Really, it's just a label for grown men who find entertainment value in a show that's not aimed at our demographic.

My love of MLP, for example, is more on level with how I feel about Firefly or SG-1 than the kind of obsession you get with Trekies and Twilight Moms.
« Last Edit: <01-12-12/0221:28> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <01-12-12/1051:17> »
*Looks up while wearing my Blue Sun T-Shirt, Browncoat, Jayne Hat, and Malcolm Reynolds' Pistol*  Whut?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #18 on: <01-12-12/1104:34> »
Just as long as we don't start getting rainbow ponies in the sourcebooks...I can live with it.  :P
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #19 on: <01-12-12/1633:42> »
Well, Anthroform Drones would work surprisingly well  . .
Also, free Spirits, of course, because what CAN'T Magic do?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #20 on: <01-12-12/1653:01> »

Travel through space? Bring someone back from the dead? Make Barry Mannalow cool? Create a 5-sided sphere?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <01-12-12/1653:09> »
*Looks up while wearing my Blue Sun T-Shirt, Browncoat, Jayne Hat, and Malcolm Reynolds' Pistol*  Whut?
I'm pleased to give you your 400th applaud for being a Browncoat.

"Let's go be bad guys."

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-12-12/1702:46> »

Travel through space? Bring someone back from the dead? Make Barry Mannalow cool? Create a 5-sided sphere?
Travel through space? O.o
Magic can travel through space. o.O
Bring someone back from the dead?
That one is up for discussion in the light of cybermancy and Blood-Magic and Ancestor Spirits.
Making Barry Mannalow(It's Mannylow i think) cool is entirely subjective.
Creating a 5-sided-sphere depends on how many dimensions you can percieve.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #23 on: <01-12-12/1829:52> »
I'm pleased to give you your 400th applaud for being a Browncoat.
"And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."

Funny thing, my browncoat is part of my inheritance from my stepfather.  I have a nice black leather cowboy hat that goes with it.  Really need to get a holster someday.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #24 on: <01-14-12/0927:38> »
Brony-vision
Manipulation Spell (Mental)
Type: M. Range: LOS. Duration: S. Drain: (F/2)+1
This insidious spell was designed by a mad trickster. Victims who fall under its sway perceive all metahumans as equine creatures of some sort, ranging in color from pastels to bright technicolor shades.

Should have a
"If sustained longer than one hour, 5% of the spell's victims will be very happy and completely pacified. The other 95% need to make a composure test (threshold = force/2) of want to kill themselves in the most painful way that's immediately possible."

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <01-17-12/2100:51> »
For those who have not seen/heard the awesome yet:
My Little Pony:  Fiendship is Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVBcm_BZRs