NEWS

Asphaltkrieger - German Rigger 5 is out and contains some Errata

• 26 Replies

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <06-29-16/1923:21> »
Just received my hard copy of the German Rigger 5.0 book.
I'm pleased to say after a short skim that it seems to contain a lot of corrections (e.g. the new matrix actions now use the correct matrix attributes)

So if you have any questions in regard to the rules ask and I'll try to find if there are any official (German) corrections.

what attributes does confuse pilot and suppress noise use? same as in rigger 5 or should they be using something else?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-29-16/2323:29> »
You mentioned Smart Tires, did they do the same thing with the Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization?

4. Official answer for this mess:

This is unfortunately a big arguing point, so I am just going to state the points and you will have to get a GM call.
I. Gunnery is a matrix action while jumped
II. Hot-sim provides +2 to matrix actions pool while jumped in
III. The description of the Rig says it provides +1 to matrix actions while in hot-sim
So the arguments are:
A.The hardware hot-sim bonus is a more specific rule for then normal hot-sim bonus. (you only get +1hotsim)
B.The hardware hot-sim bonus and the standard bonus are separate bonuses and stack. (you get +3 hotsim)
C. The hardware bonus is a typo, because the book is badly edited and organized. Same matrix, same bonus (+2)

Clayton, this "mess" as you put it is completely contained in the Core rules, as far as I'm aware Rigger 5.0 doesn't modify any of the bonuses whatsoever and it seems pretty clear once you work it out.
Since you already broke this down (and it was discussed) in another thread, I'm moving this part of the discussion back to that thread to keep from cluttering this one.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #17 on: <06-29-16/2337:42> »
Understood, I should have considered that was a core book question before posting I just grabbed my top 5 of the 20+ questions I have. Any hope for the other 4 questions? I believe they are all rigger 5.0
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-30-16/0357:19> »
Have there been any changes to the swarm rules between the two versions?  As is there really OPed and while I don't expect any changes I thought id ask.  Also the noizkeeto debuff ability still unchanged?

As far as I can see those rules are unchanged. Which isn't a big surprise since these rules might be a bit OP but they are very much functional

1. An interval listed for salvage tests?
2. Drone upgrade thresholds?
3. Also drone / vehicle character sheets?
4. Official answer for this mess: [...]

1. Nope, but I'd assume it's the same as the Repair Test (4 hours)
2. Yes,  Mechanik+Logic [Mental] (4, 1 hour)
3. No
4. As answered in the other thread

what attributes does confuse pilot and suppress noise use? same as in rigger 5 or should they be using something else?
Confuse Pilot: Electronic Warfare + Logic [Data Processing] vs. Pilot + Firewall
Suppress Noise: Electronic Warfare + Logic [Data Processing]

You mentioned Smart Tires, did they do the same thing with the Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization?

Nope, that one has rules now. It keeps your bike upright and gives you +2 dice on balance tests
« Last Edit: <06-30-16/0425:04> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <06-30-16/1102:45> »
 OK so Rigger 5 is correct for those actions,good to know. on a another note upgrading a drones pilot cost mods point under the optional drone modding rules right?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-30-16/1115:19> »
I wanted to type correct, but a closer reading and a table in the book shows that it seems not to cost any mod points.
talk think matrix

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-01-16/1157:13> »
I wanted to type correct, but a closer reading and a table in the book shows that it seems not to cost any mod points.

Hmm the way I read it is that all drone attribute upgrades including pilot cost mod points equal to the increase minus 1 with one point increases costing 0 point per the section Adding up grades  with the individual rules for each attribute just giving the cost of the upgrade. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-01-16/1219:57> »
Yeah, but there is a table in the German book that indicates the opposite. (UP stands for Upgrade/Mod Points)
talk think matrix

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <07-02-16/0044:29> »
OK,interesting. I just wounder if that's what catalyst intended or if its just Pegasus's   interpretation . Think I'll ask in the errata thread.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-22-16/0812:35> »
Are X-Ray sensors mentioned anywhere except page 138 (as part of the equipment on the Telestrian Industries Shamus drone?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-22-16/1012:29> »
Nope, not as far as I can see.
talk think matrix

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-22-16/1028:38> »
Bummer; thanks for checking, though!