NEWS

PhysAd weapon focus at chargen?

• 5 Replies

iKill

• Newb
« on: <02-20-17/1908:25> »
I am trying to figure out how and if I can have my next PhysAd start the game with a bonded weapon focus, but mu SR420th rulebook only lists a karma cost for the bonding proces, but it does not list a cost or an avaliability for acquiring it in the first place. How do I go about this?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-20-17/2231:26> »
Check out Page 348 of the Equipment Chapter.

It lists Foci on the top left of the page. second to last entry is Weapon Focus.

At character creation you can get up to a Force 2 focus (Availability Force x 5) which costs 20,000¥

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-21-17/0435:27> »
and to that off course you also have to add the cost of the weapon and any modification you want to take
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-21-17/0653:26> »
and to that off course you also have to add the cost of the weapon and any modification you want to take

True, the costs on that chart are only for the purchase of the enchantment, it doesn't include the cost of the weapon it is being placed on.

Don't forget that Weapon Foci can only be melee weapons, and if you want it to be more realistic, generally speaking, simpler items are easier to enchant. For example, you're more likely to see normal swords as a weapon focus instead of a Victorinox Memory Blade. Not saying those things can't be made into a focus, it's just more unlikely.

iKill

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-22-17/0753:31> »
I am getting a weapon focus cyberspur, with rating 3 ceramic/plasteel components for the ability to pass through MAD scanners undetected. Not s very simple weapon by any stretch of imagination, but my GM does not seem to mind.

And now that I have your attention, I might be able to get a quick answer without spamming the forums with another thread; where can I find a list of naturally occuring toxins/venoms, complete with price and availability? It seems very odd that this information is not included with the chemical gland bioware entry.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-22-17/0957:42> »
Arsenal has some, p83-85.  The base book has a couple as well, although I don't know the page (I still have the old book as pdf, not the 20th anniversary one).  I'm not sure if those are all, but those are the ones I know of.
And if you want for instance black widow venom and it's not in the list, ask you GM and together make something up.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"