NEWS

Shadowrun videogames

• 26 Replies

Bisharian

• Newb
« on: <09-08-10/1400:01> »
If anyone would like a couple o great games to blow some time on, I suggest getting a SNES and Sega Genesis emulator (ZNES , and Gens are good), and downloading the roms for both Shadowrun games. The SNES game is very linear, but tells a decent story, and involves very basic gameplay mechanics. The Genesis version is much more in depth, allowing you to actually talk to several Mr. Johnsons and undertake a run ( hunting Ghouls is a great way to earn money, just make sure to have a good gun).

Overall the Genesis game is ( in my opinion ) much better, but they are both worth playing. Oh, and your first time through the Genesis version, please attempt to refrain from using the cheat code ( A, B, B, A, C ) as the title screen rolls open...

A great place to get all this is: www.emuasylum.com
« Last Edit: <09-08-10/1409:34> by Bisharian »

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #1 on: <09-08-10/1402:54> »
I never knew there was a cheat code. What's it do?

???

I love both games, but the Genesis version is my favorite.

And don't forget the XBOX 360 game.. It got such a bad rap but my friends and I love to group up and play eachother!

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-08-10/1413:33> »
The cheat code gives you:

Full health
all spells
test deck
all contacts
quick movement
+10 karma
250,000 nuyen ( this does not stack, if you earn more it will reduce it to 250k)
pick matrix system

there may be more but I forget them, have fun!

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #3 on: <09-08-10/1415:44> »
there may be more but I forget them, have fun!

Learn somethin' new every day!

Irian

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-08-10/1420:43> »
The Sega Genesis game was suprisingly true to the setting and the rules, I really liked it. The NES game didn't have much to do with Shadowrun, imho.
GMTool - PreAlpha released (also on SourceForge)
Random Ramblings about Shadowrun (german only)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-10/1541:57> »
I liked the SNES game well enough.  The Genesis game was great, but it frustrated the hell out of me at times.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #6 on: <09-08-10/1855:38> »
Played both loved the sega version Still have it and the system
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-08-10/2007:38> »
I loved both the SNES game and the Sega Genesis one. I just wish we could mash them both together, taking the matrix system from genesis, and the running around town from SNES. My favorite moment has to be from the SNES one though. I'll only say it involved a cyber Doc saying "oops" while he was examining your head ware. Priceless....

Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-08-10/2035:35> »
I loved both the SNES game and the Sega Genesis one. I just wish we could mash them both together, taking the matrix system from genesis, and the running around town from SNES. My favorite moment has to be from the SNES one though. I'll only say it involved a cyber Doc saying "oops" while he was examining your head ware. Priceless....

Dodger
Take some asprin and call me in the morning... Priceless!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <09-08-10/2057:16> »

Dodger
Hey Dodger, how's Twist doing?

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-08-10/2157:57> »
Hello, Sir Jack. Alas, I've not herd from our friend Twist since M was taken from me.
I'm trust you have faired well after your encounter with the vile worm?

-Dodger
-Dodger

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <09-08-10/2212:59> »
Hello, Sir Jack. Alas, I've not herd from our friend Twist since M was taken from me.
I'm trust you have faired well after your encounter with the vile worm?

-Dodger
I remember an old 2D movie from way before I was a kid, where one of the heroes was asked how he was doing. He told the following story:

"Reminds me of that fellow back home that fell off a ten story building."
"What about him?"
"Well, as he was falling people on each floor kept hearing him say, "So far, so good." Tch... So far, so good!"

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <09-08-10/2247:25> »
SNES version was ok, but Sega was better since it's much more complete.
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-08-10/2259:41> »
Oh yeah, the Sega version eclipses teh SNES one by miles.  That was teh perfect Shadowrun game!
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-08-10/2331:07> »
I have to agree....mostly. I hated it when those pesky ghouls would back me into a corner and make me beg for mercy. Also what the frag was with that random guy that would show up, take my picture, then disappear into the crowd? I always wanted to track him down and take him out! Can't have my pic all over the matrix.

-Dodger
-Dodger