NEWS

[SR4A] Superficial Cybernetics = Tony Stark

• 4 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« on: <07-23-13/1625:32> »
Quote from: Spy Games
Superficial Cybernetics
To hide your meat body, you can get modified cybernetic casings that make you appear augmented. Superficial cyberware can have some functionality like cyber spurs and blades, but they have to fit over the existing limb (items such as cyberguns or raptor cyberlegs cannot be included). Superficial cybernetics can appear as either obvious or synthetic. Cyber scanners do not register them as cyberlimbs. Superficial cybernetics cost ten percent of the actual standard cyberlimb/partial limb replacement. They add a +1 modifier to Disguise Tests when an individual is using them to prevent themselves from being recognized by people who know their non-augmented appearance.

So basically, you pay 10% of the cost of an actual cyberlimb to instead have a cybernetic casing that surrounds your existing body parts. And while you can't get anything that would require space that your limbs are taking up, all other cybernetic modifications on the superficials are fair game.

So if you went ahead and buy two full obvious arms, two full obvious legs, an obvious torso and obvious skull....You're iron man.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-23-13/1639:16> »
...  Wait, so I can effectively give a technomancer a full cyber-body so that he's not completely screwed in meatspace combat?

Also, pretty sure this belongs in the new "Previous Editions" subforum.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-23-13/1641:54> »
Oh hey, I did not see that there. I'm sure it'll get moved, then.

And yes, you could totally encase your gooey technomancer filling in an iron shell, and I see no reason why Cyber Armor would not be among the functional capacity modifications you can take, other than the fact that it'd give your GM an aneurism.
« Last Edit: <07-23-13/1644:19> by Ryo »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-23-13/1651:35> »
Hey, it's probably not as bad as going the Iron Will route - could put a Rigger Cocoon and Weapon Mount in that, and operate it from VR to get three passes and be able to attack with Command+Gunnery.  Of course, the image of sticking the skin-and-bones technomancer into the heavy loader from Alien is pretty awesome...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <07-30-13/0941:55> »
There is a reason GMs groan and go to throw dice at me when they hear about my 4e Missions rigger for the first time.

She is a pixie. Driving an anthroform drone. The drone is equipped with a pixie sized rigger cocoon and the mimic option. It currently looks like Robert Downey Jr.

I should so get a full set of obvious superficial cybernetics for the drone now.

:D

-k
« Last Edit: <07-30-13/0943:51> by KarmaInferno »