NEWS

Shadowrun: Sixth World Beginner Box Digital Box

• 26 Replies

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« on: <07-10-19/1847:05> »
Sweet! The Shadowrun: Sixth World Beginner Box Digital Box is now available in PDF from DriveThruRPG !
http://bit.ly/SR6BBDTRPG
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-12-19/1848:19> »
Kind of a major problem with the QSR and Digital box.  The spell cards are misprinted.  Stats for the Armor spell are on the Fireball and Flamestrike card and others.  This has been reported from people who bought the box set as well as the digital box on DTRPG, meaning it's not like this was a problem on the printer's side.  It's product problem.

Will you be making this right with purchasers by sending them out correctly printed physical and digital cards?  If so, when will that take place?

I'd like to use it to help new players out, but I can't do that with problems like this unresolved.  I've already told my groups to hold off, so they don't waste money on this version of the set.  Please let us know when and how this will be addressed. 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <07-12-19/1939:14> »
You might want to contact Customer Support at Catalyst regarding this. I'm not sure how many would see this post on the forums.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-13-19/1209:54> »
Thanks.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-13-19/1223:43> »
OK, I sent something.  I tried to be nice about it.  I'm just glad I didn't buy a set yet.  If they agree to fix it, I'd like to though.  Seems like it would be a simple thing to do (he said, not being a game publisher).

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <07-13-19/1556:09> »
OK, I sent something.  I tried to be nice about it.  I'm just glad I didn't buy a set yet.  If they agree to fix it, I'd like to though.  Seems like it would be a simple thing to do (he said, not being a game publisher).
They do try their best to resolve issues. However, CGL is a company of 35 people that produce Shadowrun, BattleTech, D&D Dragonfire, Valiant Role-playing, and other games. Most of the writing and artwork is done by freelancers that are paid for the project, and they do not have a full-time editing staff. I hope they are able to help you with the issues.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-16-19/1942:27> »
They got in touch, but it turns out they didn't even know about the print issues and/or thought they had already been fixed in the PDF file (which it is clearly not, best I can ascertain).  I'm waiting for another follow up email to my reply.  I've offered to try to help steer the community to the right fix if they have one available.  If there's some option for it, people should know about it.  Folks might be getting upset over something that's fixable.  I don't know how closely the store people are tied to the rest, if at all. 

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-25-19/1920:42> »
Sad to report that after their initial response, they have gone silent on this matter.  No replies to my 3 emails from 2 different accounts (I tried a second one in case the first one was having trouble).   :(

Even if there was more to the story, it would be nice to get a 'we're working on getting an answer' type reply.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #8 on: <07-28-19/1816:29> »
Anyone know when physical boxes might be going out from catalyst store.  Ordered on 9th but still showing unfulfilled.  Not shipping yet?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-28-19/1817:48> »
Probably backlogged due to GenCon.. and if so I doubt it'll be before the next two weeks,
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-28-19/2016:17> »
Not sure about that...they use a third party warehouse/shipping partner...suspect they'll be running as normal. However, getting someone to look into/chase your order...yeah...likely not until they're all back from GenCon.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <07-28-19/2036:46> »
Distribution has said product will not be released to retailers until 2-3 week of September. I would not expect it from CGL any earlier.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-28-19/2123:52> »
I think Prime Mover was talking about the starter box set, which has been out for a while now. For the core books and such...I agree, wouldn't expect to see them until September.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <07-28-19/2241:22> »
Sorry. Yes Box was about 10 days ago but CGL is shut down for the next 10 days according to the Batteltech KS. All staff will be working at Gen Con so nothing will happen at the office and emails, shipping and such are suspended.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #14 on: <08-01-19/2207:39> »
Yea was for physical box, ordered just few minutes after was posted on 9th.  Seen folks posting they’d gotten it already.  Order still showing as unfulfilled so wasn’t sure if they were coming from another source.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon