NEWS

[SR4] A.I. questions

• 37 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #30 on: <03-08-14/0842:37> »
Novocrane, is it worth the watch I haven't heard of it before.

IMO, if you like morality driven drama, its worth a watch. there is a UK and a US version (entirely different cast and plot twists)... So you can pick your flavor.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #31 on: <03-08-14/1137:53> »
There's no such thing as a "combat AI" (there's AI's that came from combat programs, but they're still multi-dimensional sapient beings), Namikaze, and metasapient AI's simply aren't as alien as you seem to think.

I meant an AI that comes from a combat program or was explicitly developed for combat applications.  See the new Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns and you'll see what I mean.

Namikaze if you cannot understand how to role play an AI may I suggest you leave the thread and go back to reading unwired and the runners companion as it does describe it quite well in there.

I have read both books, extensively.  And ultimately, the problem is still the same: playing an AI in a group is typically a bad idea.  But it's your bad idea, so have fun!
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <03-08-14/1312:23> »
Cant see it as a bad idea but I will have fun and I will get around to dragonfall at some point.

Reaver> I will have a look for the UK version and probably watch the US first episode to compare the difference.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-08-14/1511:08> »
Cant see it as a bad idea but I will have fun and I will get around to dragonfall at some point.

Reaver> I will have a look for the UK version and probably watch the US first episode to compare the difference.

won't see it in the first season at all as the changes were mostly cosmetic. It's season 2 and on that the stories really diverge. But both are actually worth watch and on Netflix (US) is you have it.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <03-08-14/1756:28> »
Nope not got netflix at the moment, is the UK version the same name as I can only find info on the US one.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-09-14/0129:47> »
There's no such thing as a "combat AI" (there's AI's that came from combat programs, but they're still multi-dimensional sapient beings), Namikaze, and metasapient AI's simply aren't as alien as you seem to think.

I meant an AI that comes from a combat program or was explicitly developed for combat applications.  See the new Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, I understand what you mean - but the term is wholly inaccurate for the AIs in SR4.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <03-09-14/1553:43> »
Nope not got netflix at the moment, is the UK version the same name as I can only find info on the US one.

exact same name, and both are con-currently ongoing.

try searching "Being Human(U.K)"

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-09-14/1738:26> »