NEWS

Interest check for a PbP by a journeyman GM.

• 171 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <08-26-18/0003:30> »
Correct!  Sorry, shoulda mentioned that.  Licenses are always one of those things I forget about.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #151 on: <08-26-18/0305:49> »
Cool,
so no need to play coy with what we are.

"Seattle Investigations Services" seems to convey the right tone without scaring any clients away that aren't that fond of the NAN.

By the way, I modified my character slightly:
I found that there is OKICHITAW as a fighting style. So I exchanged two of my skill points for two fighting techniques (Counterstrike and Sweep)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #152 on: <08-26-18/1139:38> »
I'm going to do a small tweak to swap out national SIN for, umm, working on it.  I was never sure it Tsimshian had actually given the Haida SIN, and with the debt level it is tough.  Also have 800 nY to re-assigned.

=====================

update some hours later:
-removed National SIN (5 point neg quality)
-removed rating four PI license from fake SIN (800 nY)
+added addiction, mild, Physche (4 point neg quality)
+added records on file (MCT) (1 point neg quality)
+1 dose of Black Panther cologne (to 2 total) (250nY)
+2 doses Phyche (2 total) (400nY)
====================
net 0 karma, net +150nY on hand.
« Last Edit: <08-26-18/1444:01> by Beta »

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <08-26-18/1840:21> »
+1 dose of Black Panther cologne (to 2 total) (250nY)

60% of the time, it works every time.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #154 on: <08-26-18/1936:47> »
Not to be relied upon, but sometimes you try everything, even if the odds aren't great. 

I mean, some of the team will be a lot easier to get along with if he can help them get them a date now and then ....

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <08-27-18/0118:08> »
I'm good with "Seattle Investigations Services".

Are we ready to open some game threads?

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <08-27-18/0142:00> »
I think so.  Im about to head to bed, but I'll get the game proper thread started in the morning.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #157 on: <08-27-18/0148:05> »
Alright,

I'll board a plane tonight for a one week holiday to Ireland (or Tír na nÓg for you guys  ;)), so my posting will be slightly irregular, depending on where I find free wifi.
talk think matrix

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #158 on: <08-27-18/0851:57> »
Know I'm late to the party but if you're up for another player would love to be part of this. Concept I have is a noir Voudoo PI. Either aspected conjurer or a full mage who has dedicated conjurer so no spell casting but maybe a bit of alchemy. Idea is an ex-con who's now out on the streets and trying to make his way in the world. Of course the world doesn't necessarily want him to make his way so he keeps getting drawn back into the seedier side of life. Being a ex-con makes it difficult to get a real job.

Focus is much more on his investigative skills than his magic. Lower values in magic stuff (prob max of 4 for skills) and also sensitive system so when he does use it, it hurts.

Haven't had a chance to read your house rules yet as wanted to ask before I put time into polishing off the character and presenting.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #159 on: <08-27-18/1137:15> »
I'm okay with one more if everyone else is.  I think alchemy is perfectly suited to voodoo gris gris, too!  I want to get started pretty soon, though, so I'd like to get it all figured out and finally fairly quickly

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #160 on: <08-27-18/1214:41> »
@Stoneglobe

Just one question: Are you in for the long haul this time?
talk think matrix

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #161 on: <08-27-18/1244:50> »
@Stoneglobe

Just one question: Are you in for the long haul this time?

A valid question and I am. Real life is much more stable and I can properly commit to this endeavour. I'm moving at the end of the week so that will tke me out for a couple of days but other than that I want to play and have the ability to do so.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #162 on: <08-27-18/1302:04> »
I have no objections to a fifth player and will ultimately accept whatever the GM accepts.

With that in mind, I will raise two potential issues:

1) I really like the NAN theme of our PCs and would like to preserve that, if at all possible. Everyone being In Debt is also an interesting nuance.

2) To Jack's point, Stoneglobe dropped Umbrae Europae less than two months into the game, with no notice. Stoneglobe also dropped Tri Tri Again with no notice. Same with Sorting Spaghetti. As a PbP GM, these are all cardinal sins to me.

Stoneglobe, this is also your first post in two months, and you haven't done any significant posting since 2016. I guess at this point I'd be interested in a compelling reason why we would should wait for a player who has proved themselves to be so unreliable. If we move forward with this, I would suggest that we all commit to a Code of Conduct to establish expectations around player participation.

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <08-27-18/1337:21> »
I know that I have flaked before and offer no trite excuses. I can only apologise for it.

Rather than put the enjoyment of others at risk or cause ill feelings amongst players I will withdraw my application to this. I take no offence at anything said and wish everyone a great game which I hope to enjoy reading.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #164 on: <08-27-18/1517:38> »
Aight, cool.  I'll move ahead with things then.  I'm ruminating on exactly how to kick off the opening vignette.  I've got class in couple hours, and I can't promise that it will be there before then, but if it's not, I'll put it up first thing when I get home.