NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #180 on: <01-06-16/1644:28> »
Correction, it is significantly different stats.

HANDL SPEED ACCEL BODY ARM PILOT SENS SEATS AVAIL COST
P.77 version: 4/4       4            2           24     14        6           7.        9.       18R 225,000¥
Table: Rhino 4/4         4.          2.        17         18.    4.             4.       9         18R 225,000¥

Not only is there a drop in body by 7, but pilot by 2 (6 is kinda high) and sensors by 3 (7 is extremely high). While armor went up by 4, that doesn't make up for the massive loss to body. So Wak, which is correct and then please fix it in your errata/printing if you can.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #181 on: <01-06-16/1818:00> »
Clarification on Swarm; if drones in a swarm benefit from an increased Pilot rating, can such drones run higher rated autosofts accordingly?

I.e. a swarm of four unmodified MCT Kenchiku-Kikai (Pilot 2) cannot normally run a Smartsoft (as it counts as a Rating 3 autosoft). When slaved to a Device Rating 5 RCC, could one or more drones in the swarm, which now benefit from Pilot 5, run autosofts up to Rating 5 or are they still limited to their Rating 2 pilot?

Furthermore, the rules for swarm states that "for game purposes only use a single weapon’s stats (the others are covered by the action bonuses the swarm receives)". Using the example above of four unmodified MCT Kenchiku-Kikai drones but armed with Ares Alpha assault rifles, would you only ever roll for attack with one of them while they are swarming?
If yes, then this rule seems to heavily encourage paring a single strong(er) combat drone with multiple low-cost drones (like a Microskimmer or Fly-Spy) simply to get the swarm bonus, even if those drones are unarmed. Something to consider when rewriting Swarm, because it definitely needs a rewrite given it's current practically unlimited potential (swarm of Device Rating * 3 drones = +((Device Rating * 3) -1) dice pool modifier, for potentially hilarious results...)
« Last Edit: <01-06-16/1822:25> by Herr Brackhaus »

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #182 on: <01-06-16/1843:04> »
I go back and forth on whether all drones in the Swarm should need to be able to take the action. Basically, what you're doing is you're having them donate all their processing power and perspective to the "lead drone" for the action. So they don't actually need to do it, per se, they just have to donate power and resources to helping do it.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #183 on: <01-06-16/1918:41> »
They also serve to distract and corral targets into an optimal position. This is the only way I can see ranged and melee drones working in concert. The melee distract the target up close so the ranged drone can take the shot, or vice versa (the ranged drones harry the target so that the melee drone can sneak in a well placed attack). The additional processing power I mostly see represented in the pilot upgrades and additional autosoft capability. The bonus dice are essentially the other drones performing a teamwork test that automatically gets one success (and no more).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #184 on: <01-10-16/0424:10> »
Just noticed something:

Armorer Autosoft already exists officially.

Hard Targets (p.189) has the Reloading Drone that explicitly relies on such software (even with a funnily underpriced version for forbidden weapons)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #185 on: <01-10-16/0852:05> »
Heh, good find, Jack_Spade.
Quote from: Hard Targets p. 190
An Armorer autosoft suite is included with the drone, allowing it to reload all non-forbidden firearms. Forbidden firearms require an illegal Armorer autosoft costing 250 nuyen.

You were saying, Wakshaani? :D

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #186 on: <01-10-16/1551:25> »
It's been covered before - Hard Targets and Rigger 5 weren't talking with each other. While it is technically an armourer autosoft, it's not much use for anything that isn't a reloading drone that reloads.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #187 on: <01-10-16/1622:21> »
Actually - combined with swarm software - a bunch of reloading drones would have a huge dice pool to implement about any armorer action you want thanks to their pair of articulated arms (which makes them incidentally superior to the evo proletarian in practically every way)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #188 on: <01-10-16/1711:27> »
An Armorer autosoft suite is included with the drone, allowing it to reload all non-forbidden firearms.
Any reloading drone owner can implement any armourer action, so long as it's a reloading action.

thanks to their pair of articulated arms (which makes them incidentally superior to the evo proletarian in practically every way)
Manipulator Arms, whatever that means to your GM. I wouldn't see the need for anything fancy on a 4,500¥ drone that only deals with reloading.
« Last Edit: <01-10-16/1716:45> by Novocrane »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #189 on: <01-10-16/2024:16> »
It's a weird concept.
I would definitely trust a machine with manufacturing my weapons, it can be patient and precise far in excess of a human operator and will always produce the superior product if they programmer was just good enough (which can be assumed isn't the case, but there might be further advances in the future).
But I'm not sure there's that much point in a reloading drone unless I get a set of hardened weapons and just drop them to quickpull a new one whenever one runs dry.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

&#24525;

« Reply #190 on: <01-12-16/0003:10> »

[cut]

Also, any chance of getting updated stats for some of the drones that appear in missions and adventures, like the ones in Hard Target (see below), Lockdown, and Stolen Souls?

[cut]

Could it be possible to take this one step further and have an errata pdf containing a fixed table for drones (and vehicles) from all the books?

adzling

« Reply #191 on: <01-12-16/1059:08> »
Hey Wak, maybe I missed it but is there errata for Rigger 5.0?
Was the PDF updated (I thought I heard someone mention that)?

We would like to use Rigger 5.0 in our campaign but cannot due to all the editing errors, stat contradictions and incomplete information.

thanks!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #192 on: <01-12-16/1108:23> »
The PDF was updated, but as far as I'm aware only to include a workable PDF table of contents/bookmarks.

adzling

« Reply #193 on: <01-12-16/1159:07> »
Thanks for the clarification Herr.

So Wak did you post the fixed drone stats somewhere?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #194 on: <01-14-16/0928:22> »

Wakshaani, your updated stats drop the Crawler from a small drone to a Mini drone, with a rather dramatic reduction to the drone's body (3->1), making it much more limited in terms of what it could mount. The core version could mount an assault rifle, the updated version can mount up to a light pistol, or a machine pistol if you downgrade another stat. There is no other suitable body 3 small drone to replace it - you might be able to gut a Shamus or MCT Tunneler to get close, but even then the addition of Gecko Grips would put you over in points.

The Crawler's traditionally been a Mini drone over the past few editions. I'm not certain why it got enlarged for SR core, but I wanted to put it back where it's supposed to be. You can grab one of the MCT Seven for a drone with 3 mod points, if you need a lil' gunny sidekick. They're fragile (Bod 2 base, modified to 1(3), but handy for modders. (Man, I have a lot of thread to catch up on!)