NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #630 on: <05-19-15/1705:49> »
Tweaked my character sheet a little taking some elements from JackVI (the vertically compressed attributes, skills, and gear). While I was in there, I made a few tweaks:
1. I had over purchased spare clips (the weapon comes with one), so I dropped the number of spares by one for each weapon and refunded the nuyen.
2. I changed most of the flashlights to low-light except the ballistic mask and Sean.
3. I added some pepper punch mini-grenades and a spare clip for the GL to accommodate them. If it is too late to make such a change to the character, consider it a note to myself to grab them next time I'm chatting with a fixer (at avail 2  - not even restricted - I doubt it will be a problem).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #631 on: <05-19-15/1714:51> »
@Mal, I think autopilot would preclude coming to a stop in the wrong lane, which would be the case as I think the blocks are laid out, but maybe the street has some cure to it or GridGuide is out of date. So that's fine.

@Tec, I see you can fool orokos and roll higher if it's not Achak's roll. Maybe that's a sign. In other news, typing 10d6h5 would re-roll 6s.

@Poindexter, action to Becca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #632 on: <05-19-15/1931:10> »
Move: Away from Achak and toward cover.
Simple: Take Cover
Simple: Order Spirit: Barachiel, Aid us in combat, giving astral targets preference.
Free: Communicate
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #633 on: <05-19-15/2046:22> »
@Poindexter, Barachiel sends a brief feeling of panic at being outnumbered on the astral.  He briefly engages in what feels like matched combat before the link is broken, though Becca still senses his presence in the room.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #634 on: <05-19-15/2259:02> »
Oh dear.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #635 on: <05-20-15/0152:44> »
Lemme guess - they stink of Llewellyn.

<Mercer >The ol' priest disguise, eh? Ain't the first time I seen a fang job use that trick. </Mercer >
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #636 on: <05-20-15/1131:25> »
@Tecumseh, Magic Sense always gets me.  Achak would notice a sustained spell emanating from the troll.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #637 on: <05-20-15/1247:00> »
Of all the things about GMing, I think Perception is the hardest. Five different senses for any numbers of PCs and NPCs, with different modifiers for each sense and each person, then layer on Assensing and Magic Sense and Motion Sense...  I'm ready for this to be a video game so the computer can do it all for me.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #638 on: <05-20-15/1840:16> »
CT 1 AP1
R 26
T 23
Achak 22
S 20
I 20
Barachiel 20 (Hold)
Mercer 19
D 18
Sister Rebecca 13
A 11
ETC. 9

I don't think I stated this before, but on turn 0, Pastor Llewellyn dropped prone, and he spends his actions on IP 1 crawling and rolling under a pew.  Around that time, Achak and Sister Rebecca also hear some errant shots outside, and Mercer is able to see 2 gangers about 40 meters out on the opposite side of the church running forward and popping off a few rounds at the Roadmaster -- not his.

CT 1 AP2
R 16
T 11
Achak 11
S 11
I 10
Mercer 9
D 8
Sister Rebecca 3
A 11

More to come with a request for rolls.
« Last Edit: <05-21-15/0806:23> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #639 on: <05-20-15/1852:05> »
Achak and Sister Rebecca are each down -1 in the order due to their wound modifiers. Theoretically Tiny drops in the order too, although he could have damage compensators or Kamikaze rage to defray the modifiers.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #640 on: <05-21-15/1126:31> »
Achak and Sister Rebecca are each down -1 in the order due to their wound modifiers. Theoretically Tiny drops in the order too, although he could have damage compensators or Kamikaze rage to defray the modifiers.

Fixed. 

Achak notices yet another MARK granted notification, alerting him to the fact that his commlink now has 2 MARKS on some errant piece of hardware.  For what it's worth, when I roll for Achak, I tend to roll nearly in the 50%s, so he's doing everything possible to embarrass the enemy decker.  Tiny, the yet unseen "S," and Achak share initiative, but Achak has the higher REA, so he acts first. 

I'm including a revised version of the map, which shows where I think people are by their descriptions.  If I need to change anything, let me know. 

CT 1 AP2
R 16
Achak 11
T 11
S 11
I 10
Mercer 9
D 8
Sister Rebecca 3
A 1

Action to Achak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WCLGlLeVMA
« Last Edit: <05-21-15/1206:27> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #641 on: <05-21-15/1350:44> »
Thank you for the map; that is very helpful. Is the B for Rebecca/Becca?

Achak needs different ammo to deal with the troll, so let's tag the guy in the armor jacket first, who has a gun that fires fast and ammo that hurts a lot.

Simple: Fire Burst
Free: Eject clip (via smartlink)
Simple: Insert clip (APDS)

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Spec 2 + 1 Smartlink - 1 Wound - 1 Sharpshooter: 12d6t5 6 hits, Accuracy 8 w/ Smartlink and Personalized Grip

Clawing his way back to the mean. The -1 from Sharpshooter is for not using a called shot.

Base damage with EX-Explosive ammo is 13P -3AP. -2 to dodge from the burst

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #642 on: <05-21-15/1508:00> »
@Tec, Achak can see the burst from one of the explosive rounds hit the man's ballistic mask, and his keen eye picks up a fine rest mist exiting the other side.  He's fairly certain when the man collapses that he's not getting back up.

The B is for Becca.

Tiny is laying down Suppressive Fire, centered on Achak.  I figure with a church the size of Holy Trinity, each pew is about 20 feet long, making them just over 6 meters, so we're going to call each square 2 meters.  That puts Sister Rebecca at about 12 meters from Achak, so he can't get her in the field of fire.  Tiny scored 7 successes on his roll, but his Accuracy is limited to 6, with the Smartlink System.  Achak used a Free Action on his turn, so will he be using Hit the Dirt?

Base damage is 14P -2AP

In other news, a Fire Spirit has Materialized behind Sister Rebecca, threatening to catch the railing on fire.

CT 1 AP2
R 16
Achak 11
T 11
S 11

I 10 (Geeked)
Mercer 9
D 8
Sister Rebecca 3
A 1

Action to Mercer.
« Last Edit: <05-21-15/1511:35> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <05-21-15/1607:42> »
Yes, Achak will be using Hit the Dirt.

I expected this and seriously contemplated saving my Free Action (using a Simple Action to eject the clip, then reloading and firing on IP3). That said, I suppose I would have needed to use a Simple to stand / get up on IP3 to get in firing position, and that would have put me back in the cone of fire, so maybe that wasn't a better option after all. (Unless I could shoot from a prone position under the pews... pew pew.)

I'll IC this later this afternoon when I catch a breather.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #644 on: <05-21-15/1637:43> »
I've been thinking about how to handle shooting underneath the pews.  I'm considering giving a cover bonus and requiring Called Shots: Ankle or Foot.  Given the negative dice modifiers Achak will be facing next pass, that may not work out well, but Called Shot: Foot is pretty brutal.

There's also the chance that you may catch opponent Unaware.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal