NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #570 on: <05-07-15/1835:02> »
@Mal, I don't believe there are any species of the infected that don't have issues with wood that do have issues with silver.  That said, APDS still has -AP, and wooden ammo does not. Also, give me a default stealth, and a default drive test.  While Mercer is in downtown Seattle the thresholds will be pretty low.

@Poindexter and Tecumseh, what's the plan at this point?  Is our intrepid duo hiring a car and heading outside the city?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #571 on: <05-07-15/1844:14> »
@Poindexter and Tecumseh, what's the plan at this point?  Is our intrepid duo hiring a car and heading outside the city?

Basically, yes.

Achak is waiting for a response from Megedagik about how soon he might be able to meet. That said, he hadn't considered that Sister Rebecca had a similar contact. He would want Rebecca to check with that person as well for prices and availability.

Achak's plan would be to head to gangland in the Puyallup Barrens, where he knows a gang leader (Rusty). The tough neighborhood should buy them some breathing room and keep suspicious characters at bay. From Puyallup it's relatively easy to smuggle things in and out of Salish-Shidhe, either through tunnels or across the mud/lava flats. Of course he doesn't expect a hired car to be willing to drive into the Barrens, so he'd probably have it ferry them to downtown Puyallup (not nice, but not completely dangerous) and then maybe call the gang for a ride from there.

That's the plan, anyway, which could go sideways at any moment.

I'll get you the full list of what Achak is planning on taking from Stake's condo. I'll try to have that done tonight. You can review and let me know if there are any objections.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #572 on: <05-07-15/2128:28> »
This is what I was thinking of nicking from Stake's supply. For the ammo, it's all 20% of the original amount. I figured some would be stored at the safe house and bolt hole, so I'm taking roughly half of what I think would be at Stake's condo.

Assault Rifle Ammunition
20 APDS
20 Silver Coated APDS
20 EX-Explosive
40 Gel
40 Regular
20 Flechette
20 Wood Flechette
40 Stealth Tag Tracker

Machine Pistol Ammuntion
20 Regular
20 Stick-n-Shock
10 Flechette
10 Wood Flechette
10 Silver Coated APDS
20 Stealth Tag Tracker

Mini-Grenades
2 Flashbangs
2 Fragmentation
2 High Explosive
2 Sawdust

Medical
1 Rating 6 Medkit
1 Medkit Supply
1 Rating 6 Stim Patch
1 Trauma Patch

Electronics
1 Renraku Sensei Commlink
1 Rating 6 Bug Scanner
1 Micro-transceiver
1 Tag Eraser
1 Rating 6 White Noise Generator
1 Rating 5 Area Jammer
1 Rating 6 Directional Jammer

Other
1 Disguise Kit

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #573 on: <05-07-15/2143:59> »
Pilot Ground Vehicle [ REA 4 - Defaulting 1]: 3d6t5 1 [2, 6, 2]
Stealth [AGI 4 + Sneaking 1]: 5d6t5 0 [3, 4, 1, 2, 4]

Probably not great. But sneaking isn't his style.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #574 on: <05-11-15/0230:46> »
Alias: Mercer
Name: Magnus Ford
Caucasian Human Male
Nationality: CAS, Lifestyle: Traveller (1 month)
Current Karma: 1, Total Karma: 1
Street Cred: 0, Notoriety: 0, Public Awareness: 0
Physical Description:TBD

ATTRIBUTES
Body3Agility4 (6/11)Reaction1 (4)Strength1 (3/5)
Logic4Intuition5Willpower4 (6)Charisma6
Edge3Essence0.55Initiative4d6 + 9Limits (P/M/S)2 (5)/6 (7)/6 (7)
Physical box0/8Stun box0/11Overflow0/3Modifier0

QUALITIES

Positive (32 karma)
NameNotes
AmbidextrousNo penalty for offhand
College EducationAcademic skills cost half in chargen, -1 karma postgen for rank 3+
Cyber Singularity Seeker+1 WIL per 2 cyberlimbs
Redliner+1 AGI/STR and -3 Physical Condition boxes (net -1) per 2 cyberlimbs
Sharpshooter+2 called shots, -1 all other shots

Negative (34 karma)
NameNotes
Addiction (Mild) (Longhaul)Monthly Withdrawal test. Failure = partake 1 dose or suffer -2 to mental tests
Bad LuckWhen using Edge, roll 1d6. On 1, opposite result
In Debt VIIIOwe 60,000¥, must pay 6,000¥/mo or suffer 3P unresisted/unhealable
SINner (National)CAS
Prejudiced (Outspoken, Infected w/Essence Drain)-4 to social skills when dealing with target, and they get +4

SKILLS

Active
Combat: Automatics/Assault Rifle (6), Heavy Weapons (1), Longarms (6), Throwing Weapons (1), Unarmed Combat (4)
Physical: Athletics SG [Gymnastics, Running, Swimming] (1), Palming (1), Perception/Visual (6), Sneaking (1), Tracking (1)
Social: Con/Fast Talk (5), Influence SG [Etiquette, Leadership, Negotiation] (5), Intimidation/Interrogation (5)
Technical: Computer (1)

Knowledge
Academic: Botany (1), Chemistry (2), Engineering (2), History (1), Infected Physiology (4), Infected Theory (4), Literature (1), Magical Threats (2), Parabotany (4), Parazoology (4), Security Tactics (2)
Interests: Infected Behavior (2), Small Unit Tactics (5)
Professional: Law Enforcement (2)
Street: Area Knowledge [Aztlan] (1), Area Knowledge [CAS/Lubbock Texas] (1), Area Knowledge [Denver] (1), Area Knowledge [PCC] (1)
Language: English (N), Spanish (2)

CONTACTS
[spoiler]
Name     Location     Profession     C/L     Description
Duncan Abbey     Queen Anne, SeattleFence6/3A finely chiseled elf of African ancestry and British upbringing, Mr. Abbey is a dealer in art and fine antiques.
Rose Delayne (Raven)     Grotto1Fixer3/3A paranormal investigator turned Ghoul, Raven is a go-to source for information about the Infected, their habits, their weaknesses, and certain goings on in some of the more unsavory corners of Seattle.
Nori Koizumi     ?Blogger/Reporter4/3 In her early 20s, Ms. Koizumi is plump, gracious, and only slightly over a meter-and-a-half tall, but when she gets a hold of a story, she is tenacious.  Ms. Koizumi is a human of Japanese ancestry.
RatchetDenverArmorer2/3Ratchet is an armorer with a very specific clientèle - Hunters of the Infected.
Alice SilverDenverSpider3/3Alice is an information broker, of sorts. She uses her Matrix skills to find the information, then brokers its sale to you.
Dallas PattersonDallas, TexasLone Star Detective3/3Dallas from Dallas - he loves it when someone points that out. He's sympathetic to Hunters.
Jacob MbabweLubbock, TexasHermetic Paranedic2/2Jacob is equally adept with both magical and modern medicine. A good number to have on your speed dial whether you want a Spirit of man with a heal spell on scene in seconds or a doctor to work your Medkit in a pinch. He also has a clinic.
[/spoiler]

BACKGROUND
[spoiler]
My story? Well, I guess my story's like anybody else that does this for a livin'. There are two types o' people that hunt the Infected, if'n you discount the crazies. There are those that been wronged, and there are those that are lookin' for a score. I'm a little bit o' both, truth be told.

In another life, I was happily married to a beautiful Hopi woman. She bore me two sons. And life was good - I was a law man in West Texas, tryin' to keep the peace between the CAS, the PCC, and Aztlan, where all three nations met. The oldest boy was four when my old life ended. Weren't no rhyme nor reason to it. Some zekes come through town one night lookin' for a meal and my place, sittin' on the outskirts like it was, was what rung the dinner bell for 'em.

I came home to tragedy, won't say no more on the subject than that, and I swore revenge, and that was what started me on the road I'm on. It's been near twenty years now since then. Anymore, it's all I know to do. Pays the bills, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I still hate these soulless things the virus makes, but I dunno, it just ain't personal no more.

At least it weren't, until they came after me and my crew. I ain't had a fire in my belly like this in seems like forever. They'll get theirs, even if the world has to burn to do it.
[/spoiler]

AUGMENTATION
AugmentGradeNote
Cyberarm (Left)StandardCustom Agi 6, Str 3, Enhanced Agi 3
Cyberarm (Right)StandardCustom Agi 6, Str 3, Enhanced Agi 3
Cyberleg (Left)AlphaAgi 3, Str 3
Cyberleg (Right)AlphaAgi 3, Str 3
DatajackStandard
Mnemonic EnhancerStandardR3, +3 to Knowledge, Language , and Memory tests, as well as Mental Limit
SmartlinkStandard
Synaptic BoosterOmegaR3, +3 Reaction, +3d6 Initiative

GEAR (Current: 510¥)
[spoiler]
Armored Clothing (6) YNT Softweave [+3], Gear Access [4], Nonconductivity 3 [3], Auto-Injector (1 dose Kamikaze, 1 dose Trauma Patch triggered when condition monitor goes into overflow, 1 R6 Stim triggered on going into overflow, 2 R3 stim) [2], Electrochromic
Ballistic Mask (+2) YNT Softweave [+4], Gas Mask [2], Audio Enhancement (3 [3]), Vision Enhancement (3 [3]), Low light [1], Thermo [1], Flare Comp [1], Vision Mag [1]
Mortimer of London: Argentum Coat (12) Concealability 3, Social Tests +1, Electrochromic, Fire Resistance (3) [3], Shock Frills [2], Ultrasound (6, Front Facing) [1], Ultrasound (6, Rear Facing) [1], Olfactory Sensor (6) [1]

Shock Gloves
Knucks (Wooden)
Survival Knife
Grenades: Smoke (10), Thermal Smoke (10), Sawdust (10), Gas w/Pepper Punch (10), Paint w/Wolfsbane (5), Frag (5)

Terracotta Arms AM-47 (“Vera”): Bipod, Weapon Commlink, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope, Underbarrel Weight, Safe Target System + Image Recognition, Silencer, Shock Pad, Personalized Grip, Advanced Safety System + Electro Shocker
Ammo: APDS (95), Silver APDS (20), Stick-n-Shock (20), Tracker Rounds w/Stealth Tags (8)
Spare Clips (4): APDS (2), Silver APDS (1), Stick-n-Shock (1),  Tracker (1)

Enfield AS-7 (“Yoki”): Laser Sight, Personalized Grip, Shock Pad, Internal Smartgun System, Sling, Advanced Safety System + Electro Shocker, Low-light Flashlight, Ammo-skip
Ammo: APDS (50), Sawdust Shot (50), Flechette (100), Capsule w/Wolfsbane (10), 20 Gel
Drum: Flechette (5), APDS (9), Sawdust (3), Gel (5), Capsule (2)

Ares Alpha (“Stake”): Low-light Flashlight, Personalized Grip, Shock Pad, Sling, Internal Smartgun System, Silencer, Advanced Safety System + Electro Shocker, Safe Target System + Image Recognition, Electronic firing
Ammo: APDS (250), Silver APDS (50), Gel (100), Stick-n-Shock (50)
Spare Clip (4): APDS (2), Gel (1), Silver APDS (1), Stick-n-Shock (1)

Ares Alpha Grenade Launcher (underbarrel mount): Airburst Link
Ammo: Sawdust (10), Gas w/Pepper Punch (10)
Spare Clip (1): Sawdust (1), Gas (1)

Ares Crusader II (“Joey”): Low-light Flashlight, Integral Gas-Vent 2,  Advanced Safety System + Electro Shocker, Personalized Grip, Internal Smartgun System, Silencer
Ares Crusader II ("Sean”): IR Flashlight, Integral Gas-Vent 2,  Advanced Safety System + Electro Shocker, Personalized Grip, Internal Smartgun System, Silencer
Ammo: APDS (100), Silver APDS (50), Capsule w/Wolfsbane (10), Gel (100), Stick-n-Shock (100), Tracker Rounds w/Stealth Tags (9)
Spare Clip (6): APDS (2), Silver APDS (1), Gel (1), Stick-n-Shock (1), Capsule (1), Tracker (1)

Ares Roadmaster: Smuggling Compartment (Human sized), Maneuvering Autosoft (6), Clearsight Autosoft (6), Run-flat tires, Personal Armor 10, Gunports (Sides and rear), Gridlink + Override, Anti-theft 3, Morphing license plate, Spoof chip
2x Fly Spy: Stealth Autosoft (6), Clearsight Autosoft (6), Ultrasound, Camera w/Vision Mag & Low-light, Omni-Mic, Directional Mic, Laser Mic, Atmosphere Sensor, Rear Camera, Radio Signal Scanner

Fake SIN (4) [CAS, Malcom Reynolds]: Bounty Hunter, Concealed Carry, Restricted Bioware, Restricted Cyberware
Fake SIN (1) [CAS, Barry Manilowe]

Fairlight Caliban (Diagnostics, Stealth Dongle 1, Program Carrier: Smoke & Mirrors)
Area Jammer R5
Bug Scanner R6
Tag Eraser
Micro-Transceiver
Standard Credstick x4
Silver Credstick
Gold Credstick
Security Tags x10
Sensor Tags x10 (4x Camera, 2x Directional Mic, 4x Ultrasound)
Stealth Tags x10
Cram x4
Long Haul x2
Kamikaze x2
Biomonitor
Medkit R6
Medkit Supplies x2
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 6 x2
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 3 x2
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch x2
Subscription to Grotto1 (1 year)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-11-16/2110:29> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #575 on: <05-11-15/0331:07> »
There's something very familiar about this sheet.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #576 on: <05-11-15/1505:58> »
There's something very familiar about this sheet.
Indeed. When I first posted it I had to go back and remove some skill notes from Achak that I had overlooked when filling in my info originally.

Unrelated, I just updated it to remove the reference to squaw as apparently it can be considered derogatory. I honestly had no idea.

While I was there I also pulled out the pilot 6 upgrade for the Roadmaster, regaining 6k¥ that I could use to add a Stealth autosoft and low-light to the Fly-Spys.

His backstory still needs some work as some things on the sheet have stories behind them. The LongHaul addiction, for instance, is new, being the result of chasing down those responsible for killing his team over the last 6 months. His cyber arms are older and were part of his conscious decision at one point to both fight the effects of age and get the needed edge against a superior opponent. In Debt is also a new NQ as he called in every favor he had and then some in his mad drive. I was half tempted to take Driven, but since the entire campaign is pretty much about finding out what is going on, the NQ would likely never impact him. It'd be similar to taking Prejudiced (Infected).

I wanted to have more Knowledge points to give him more stuff that I feel a law officer would have - Criminal Psychology, Forensics, etc, but I have to just dump that under Police Procedure for point economy. Same with PCC and Aztlan knowledge - he should know about customs, politics, criminal syndicates, etc from his close association with them as a law man, but I had to consolidate that under Area Knowledge. Of course, he wasn't a law man for long - maybe 5 years tops before he "changed careers". Much of his Leadership, Con, SUT, were accumulated from hunting. Likewise, he has a bunch of Academic skills (Art, History, Chemistry, etc) because he went to college (from the College Educated PQ). If I could consolidate those into a General Education Knowledge skill that could free up points to flesh out his law years, but it's mostly robbing from Peter to pay Paul. He went to college for 4 years and was a law man for about 5, so spending equal points on each works out. I spent about 5 points for each.

The 10 bonus karma for interests I put into Botany (and parabotany) as well as gaming. I am noticing, however, that Chummer seems to have given me 3x (Log+Int) in free points instead of 2x, so I spent 27 instead of 18. Is that an errata that I missed or do I have to go back and pull out more Knowledge skills?

Either way, I'm open to input for recommended changes.

Lastly, Achack's choice of Spanish is safe as it is the most spoken language in Aztlan is Spanish and Spanish is the second most spoken language (behind English) in the PCC. And I just noticed that I kept using Amazonia instead of Aztlan. Fixing...

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #577 on: <05-11-15/1530:16> »
How thick is the traffic? Magnus (oh, that reminds me - the name Magnus was given to him by his parents because they wanted a Mage and so gave him a strong Magician name) will discreetly release one of the Fly Spys to follow the car, but if there aren't too many observers around, he's going to put his clip of Tracker rounds into the AM-47 and try to tag the Shin-Hyung.

Action wise, it plays out in this order:
Simple Action: Command Drone
Free Action: Eject Clip
Simple Action: Load clip

Simple Action: Take Aim (enable Vision mods and Smartlink)
Simple Action: Fire (Fire AM-47 [Agi 9 + Longarms 6 + Smartgun 2 - Firing from moving vehicle 2 - not called shot 1]: 14d6t5 7) Accuracy is at least 10, so I can keep all hits.

Somewhere in there (early on) there needs to be either a Complex action to maintain control of the van or a Free or Simple to pass control to the pilot. I'd prefer the pilot route, but I don't know if it would maintain pursuit if it had to break laws to do so. I really only need it to maintain line of sight for a few seconds.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #578 on: <05-11-15/1600:16> »
@Mal, we're not in Initiative Order at the moment, so you're given some leeway on action economy.  Will Mercer try to follow the Shin-Hyung as it takes its exit, or will he rely on the tracking round, and fly spy?  This area of Seattle is pretty thick with drones of all kinds, so the odds are pretty good it'll get lost in the hustle.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #579 on: <05-11-15/1732:06> »
He'll give a half hearted attempt at pursuit so that it looks like they lost him, but yeah, he's going to rely on the tracker and fly spy.

ETA: The rifle is silenced in case it matters.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #580 on: <05-11-15/1734:59> »
Just to make sure that I'm reading this right Magnus is going to hang out the side of his combat mobile and take a shot at the fleeing car?

It's a hit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #581 on: <05-12-15/1230:43> »
He's going for as subtle as a 4' long rifle will allow. Since Tiny cut across 3 lanes of traffic, I'm guessing the angle works so that the gun can remain mostly inside the vehicle. I'm heavily relying on the fact that you can drive a vehicle from AR without having to sit in the driver's seat, or even facing forward, for the shooting to work. I'm mostly concerned about picking up unwanted attention from the authorities.

Since he's a poor actor, he'll actually give it a fair go at following Tiny in the Roadmaster for show, but his vehicle's outclassed and his driving is almost certainly outclassed as well, so ultimately he knows he'll lose Tiny - he just doesn't want him too suspicious that the chase ended early. So far, it looks like your IC covers this well.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #582 on: <05-12-15/1238:42> »
I'm mostly concerned about picking up unwanted attention from the authorities.

Yeah, this could prove problematic. Where will Mercer be heading now?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #583 on: <05-12-15/1325:11> »
He'll stay close and send the autopilot to a destination in the general direction of where they are heading and just keep updating it every few miles. When they switch back, he'll pull off so that they don't accidentally see him, then continue the previous process of setting destinations a few miles ahead of their current position. Everything not covered by his licenses goes back in the smuggling compartment just in case. He'll keep the Crusaders on him and loaded with Gel in one and Tracker rounds in the other (with one round missing). Basically, he's prepping for an inspection in case he does get stopped. If the path straddles the border between Barrens and "civilization", he'll err on the Barrens side, just to reduce the chance that Johnny Law takes an interest on the assumption that once in the Barrens he's someone else's problem.

Also, "sweet pee" made me laugh.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #584 on: <05-12-15/1334:38> »
Also, "sweet pee" made me laugh.

Not everyone in Seattle had the benefits of a formal education  ;)

As for the rest, that sounds good.  I'll take an Edge Test when you get a chance.  Otherwise, we're going to hold off on what Tec and Poindexter's plans are before getting the next IC up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal