NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #300 on: <03-09-15/1646:33> »
My copy of SR5 says that Wireless Link reduces scatter, and also that in relation to Projectile Triggers
"All methods still utilize the scatter rules" pg. 182

What isn't explained, is by how much the Wireless Link reduces scatter.  Do your books say something different?

Nope, my copy doesn't say anything about how much it reduces Scatter.

As an idea: Perhaps reduce the Scatter by half? If the intention is to blow it up mid-air, I don't think anyone has enough reaction time to make sure it is flying in the right direction and to blow it up instantly. They're just going to wait until it gets far enough "away" from them. While it might actually be going closer to them, it's just measuring a preset amount of time in their head from practicing with 'nades. After that preset time has gone by, they trigger the link; blowing up the grenade.

I don't know, the above is easy to use, but the reasoning is messy (and I probably didn't explain very well). It also seems really random (then again, so is scatter).

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #301 on: <03-09-15/1736:54> »
Scatter Distance: Scatter: 3d6 14
Scatter Direction: Scatter Direction: 2d6 3

I'd rather not reduce scatter by half, as it would treat practically any roll as a direct hit.  Even with simply doubling hits in reducing scatter in this case puts the vampire in 10m range with the scatter roll: 4, 4, 6.  I realized we never discussed what the radius would be for sawdust nades, but I think we'll stick with 10, similar to smoke and flash bangs.  That's probably high, but we're going to run with it.

So, we're going to say that the shot went to the left, and popped itself against a door-jam when it was issued the detonate command, putting Vampire 2 right at 10 m from the grenade.  He's hit, and suffering the effects of his allergy.

CT 4 IP 2
Achak 13
Leliel 10
Stake 8
Vampire 1 7
Vampire 2 2
4 Armored Yakuza 2
Sister Rebecca 1

Achak and Stake are up.
« Last Edit: <03-10-15/1025:39> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #302 on: <03-09-15/2050:51> »
I'm guessing Achak is about 15 meters from V2 and that the hallway is wide enough to fire past Sister Rebecca. I am also presuming that the sawdust grenade adds a negative visibility modifier. I'll call it "Moderate Smoke" but rednblack can adjust up or down as necessary. The range is Medium (-1) but that modifier is less than the -3 from Moderate Smoke. Guess I should have sprung for thermographic vision after all.

Free: Called Shot to the Vitals
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Fire Burst

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Smartlink 1 - 4 Called Shot + 2 Sharpshooter quality - 3 Moderate Smoke: 7d6t5 2 hits
forgot my Take Aim die: Take Aim 1: 1d6t5 0 hits

Shooting wooden flechette. Base damage code is 7P + 2 flechette + 2 called shot = 11P +5AP, -2 to dodge from burst. Clip has 37 of 40 shots remaining.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #303 on: <03-09-15/2104:10> »
Sister Rebecca 11

This should be, 1, correct? Typo, right?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #304 on: <03-10-15/1048:52> »
Sister Rebecca 11

This should be, 1, correct? Typo, right?

Correct.  Becca acts on 1.

@Tecumseh, hit!  Vampire 2 is down, probably dead.  Looks like Achak got him right in the face, or the neck, or perhaps a "stake" through the heart really does take a vampire out.

CT 4 IP 2
Achak 13
Leliel 10 (Hold)
Stake 8
Vampire 1 7
Vampire 2 2
4 Armored Yakuza 2
Sister Rebecca 1
« Last Edit: <03-10-15/1052:09> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #305 on: <03-10-15/1051:21> »
Can Stake do the same thing again? Pop up, take Aim at the SMG dude (since that was the guy that bloody wrecked me), and fire (still keeping cover defense dice bonus)?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #306 on: <03-10-15/1053:03> »
Can Stake do the same thing again? Pop up, take Aim at the SMG dude (since that was the guy that bloody wrecked me), and fire (still keeping cover defense dice bonus)?

Certainly.  Any movement forward, or is Stake holding his position?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #307 on: <03-10-15/1109:32> »

Certainly.  Any movement forward, or is Stake holding his position?

Stake is staying put, for the moment. Running out in the open with 3 guys still firing at you seems like a bad idea (although, with how my plans have been so far, it probably could be worth a shot).

CT 4; Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative 8

Simple Action - Take Aim (+1 die, +1 Accuracy) at SMG guy.
Simple Action - Fire Single Shot with Ares Alpha.
Free Action - Text Message [2 out of 4 guards down. Status?] - I assume this is short enough.

Single Fire with Ares Alpha (Agility 6 + Automatics 6 + Specialization 2 + Wireless Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 - Wounds 1): 16d6t5 4 [2, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6, 3, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1]

Talk about a change of pace from my normal rolling. Had to happen eventually, I guess.

DV is 11S + Net hits, AP -. The Knockdown effect is based on his Physical Limit - 2 (for Gel Round).

1 Gel Round used in Clip; 31 remaining.

Edit: Actually, can I move just a little bit down the bar? I want to stay behind cover, but make it so that when I pop out, it's a slightly different position. It probably doesn't have a mechanical difference, but it makes sense to how Stake would act in combat, in my head.
« Last Edit: <03-10-15/1111:42> by 8-bit »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #308 on: <03-10-15/1126:20> »
The bar is pretty long, so if Stake was to take his full Walking movement for the turn, he'd just about be at the south end of it.

AY 4 hit, and knocked down.  He's kept a hold of his SMG, though, so Stake probably guesses that he's still conscious.  Still a good solid hit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #309 on: <03-10-15/1138:31> »
He'll take his full walking movement then.

Going to get the IC up momentarily.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <03-10-15/1520:55> »
IC post is up. I tried to leave enough room for Poindexter to add detail about Sister Rebecca's actions.

Achak spent his free action on calling his shot so I'll let Sister Rebecca report to Stake, or I'll do it in IP3.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #311 on: <03-12-15/1212:16> »
CT 4 IP 2
Achak 13
Leliel 10 (Hold)
Stake 8
Vampire 1 7
Vampire 2 2
4 Armored Yakuza 2
Sister Rebecca 1

@Poindexter, Sister Rebecca is up.

@8-bit, AY Shotgun continues running, this time he makes it about halfway down the south balcony toward the stairwell.  AY machine pistols uses Suppressive Fire.  Given the cover that Stake is under, I don't think Hit the Dirt requires him to go prone, only to duck, should you choose to take the -5 hit to initiative.  At this point it won't hurt anything, but let me know your plan.  Given the amount of lead flying around, there's a good deal of synthahol back behind the bar now.  In other words, Stake is sitting in the middle of a giant fire hazard.  AY SMG uses a Simple to stand, and a Simple to Take Cover, continuing to move south.  He's at the last pillar on the west side of the balcony.  Should he also head East, in the footsteps of AY 1, he'll be unable to take further cover, as there are no pillars on the balcony there.  There is a staircase directly in front of him, though, should he decide to take a different path.

@Tecumseh, I need a dodge roll for Achak.  Vampire 1 is issuing a Charging Attack.  He is also topless now, having shed his shirt to try to get the sawdust off of him, and he looks a little doughy. 

@All, my apologies for my absence yesterday.  Day job was crazy.
« Last Edit: <03-12-15/1216:34> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #312 on: <03-12-15/1218:26> »
I don't think Stake can use Hit the Dirt, as he doesn't have enough Initiative left. I could be wrong though.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #313 on: <03-12-15/1223:59> »
Hit the Dirt is -5
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #314 on: <03-12-15/1225:49> »
I know, but I'm at -2, aren't I? If I can use it, I will.