NEWS

[Resource][Drone] The Egress. A specialized drone for making high rise getaways

• 7 Replies

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« on: <01-14-15/1518:24> »
The Egress
Cost: 7,500¥ +RPC (cost to for materials to build your own is roughly 6,000¥+ RPC)

The Egress is a drone that serves one purpose. To climb someplace high, do it unseen and wait for someone to use it to make a quick escape. The drone packs a Flying Fox Gliding System in a back pack type area for base jumping off of a building. To aid with it being inserted without notice some people add Ruthenium Polymer Coating to help blend in with its surroundings (note the coating is only for the drone when moving, not useable when the glider is being used). The finishing touch is the gecko tips for getting up the side of buildings and other hard to expect areas. The drone is roughly the size of a parachute backpack and looks like a standard Ferret. (As all Egresses are custom built by black market riggers, most of them started off life as a Ferret.

Handling: 1
Accel: 1
Speed: 2
Pilot: 3
Body 2
Armor: 2
Sensor: 3
Avail: 16 (18F with RPC)

Modifications:

Gecko Tips: Per Gecko gloves
Flying Fox Gliding System: This a collapsible hang glider and comes with harness for two people and can hold up to 10Body of weight.   [Aircraft] Han: 2 Acc: 2 Spd: 3 Pilot: 0 Bod: 1 Arm: 0
Upgrades:
Ruthenium Polymer Coating: Considered a full suit so +2. Not used when FFGS is in use.
« Last Edit: <01-14-15/1951:40> by BRodda »

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #1 on: <01-14-15/1948:08> »
Handling zero means it "physical" limit is zero for movement test, so without a jacked in rigger it is kinda boned. Otherwise I like it.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

BRodda

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-14-15/1952:06> »
Handling zero means it "physical" limit is zero for movement test, so without a jacked in rigger it is kinda boned. Otherwise I like it.

Typo. Fixed it. Thanks.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #3 on: <01-14-15/2026:54> »
Sweet!
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-14-15/2046:10> »
Keep in mind that Handling: 1 means that "avoiding an obstacle, maneuvering through a narrow spot, tight turn (75-130 degrees)", etc are all beyond your standard user.

BRodda

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-14-15/2049:38> »
Keep in mind that Handling: 1 means that "avoiding an obstacle, maneuvering through a narrow spot, tight turn (75-130 degrees)", etc are all beyond your standard user.

It is literally just designed to climb up a building and sit there so it shouldn't be to maneuverable. I might check to see what I think the stock Ferret would be in 5th.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #6 on: <01-14-15/2055:46> »
Have not seen that drone, but having it as a base line wouldn't hurt. But since it is meant to climb a wall and sit a handling 1 isn't to bad, but a two might be better. Anyways, congrates to all the work.

Edit: To fix stupid auto correct.
« Last Edit: <01-15-15/0909:51> by Rift_0f_Bladz »

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-15-15/0400:49> »
Even with handling 1 it'd have handling 2 with AR controller, and 3 with VR, so not as bad as it looks.