NEWS

[Resource] Realm Works

• 1 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« on: <03-30-14/1729:02> »
I've been following the development of this product for a while, though I didn't get in early enough to get the Kickstarter for it.  Regardless, it's available now and I bought it.  Planning on utilizing it for my 5th edition Seattle campaign.  I'll happily post a review once I have had it in my hands for a while, but I figured that there might be other people that also use it or have used it, who might want to comment on the software.

Currently, the GM edition is the only one available at $49.99.  There are plans to make a player edition (presumably with limited features) by May, but there isn't a price point for that yet.

Features of the software (from their site):
  • Use Realm Works to run and prepare RPG sessions for any game system.
  • Incrementally reveal content (including maps) to the players as the PCs uncover the information during play – without compromising what remains hidden and with no extra hassles.
  • Easily include different types of content, including images, maps, Hero Lab portfolios, statblocks, audio, video, and virtually anything else.
  • Content is automatically linked merely by mentioning it by name, weaving your entire world into a cohesive world.
  • Effortlessly track and visualize the relationships and connections between people, places, objects, and events.
  • Coming Soon! Purchase rulebooks, settings, adventures and more from some of the top RPG publishers.
  • Coming Soon! Find ready-made content by other Realm Works users for smooth integration into your game, or share your own creations with others.

If anyone wants to find the software, it's available at the Lone Wolf Development website at: http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-30-14/2149:35> »
Hmmm. I have a Windows VM, but ... :/

Hero Lab has SR support (I think they've done SR5), and RW looks really cool. We'll just have to wait and see.