NEWS

5e - confusion and dodge rolls

• 5 Replies

salubri

• Newb
« on: <10-25-13/0348:43> »
We had a force 9 spirit hit a guy with confusion with 11 net hits.  We all agreed the penalty would not effect armor/body rolls vs. Damage. But then there was a disagreement about if it would effect his reaction/intuition rolls to avoid attacks.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-25-13/0352:48> »
Yeah it does affect those rolls. The whole thing with confusion is you are befuddled and find it hard to take actions. Damage resistance isn't an action but dodging attacks is (or should be). The usual exception to negative modifiers (barring armour piercing of course) of any sort is damage resistance. All other tests are fair game.

Slippery_Chicken

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-25-13/1208:03> »
At least the spirit didn't Fear the poor guy. IIRC, he can still fight back under Confusion.

11 net hits on Fear = Traumatized beyond belief.

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #3 on: <10-25-13/1233:52> »
At least the spirit didn't Fear the poor guy. IIRC, he can still fight back under Confusion.

And so Chulthu rised from the deep dark seas?
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Slippery_Chicken

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-25-13/2318:12> »

Someone on here PM'd me about what a Force 32 fire spirit would be like (assuming that like a Grade 10 Initiate oversummoned to the max and died to set the spirit loose on the world), and I realized that with the Fear power (32 dice vs. target's Will + Logic), it would essentially be as if Cthulhu were on fire. Nobody's going to score net hits on that check, so they'll be pretty much unable to ever face the spirit again.

Also, Flamethulhu's Accident power? Can make up to 64 people simultaneously critically glitch their actions.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #5 on: <10-26-13/0134:08> »

Someone on here PM'd me about what a Force 32 fire spirit would be like (assuming that like a Grade 10 Initiate oversummoned to the max and died to set the spirit loose on the world), and I realized that with the Fear power (32 dice vs. target's Will + Logic), it would essentially be as if Cthulhu were on fire. Nobody's going to score net hits on that check, so they'll be pretty much unable to ever face the spirit again.

Also, Flamethulhu's Accident power? Can make up to 64 people simultaneously critically glitch their actions.

You have angered the Great Dragons, who finally rally to a single cause. Sadly, that's neither your most immediate, nor your most pressing, of problems.