NEWS

Ares Viper Slivergun overhaul?

• 62 Replies

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #45 on: <09-18-11/1733:45> »
Raw version is a solid piece of weaponry, my question was about his nerfed version that only does 6P(f) damage.

One man's nerf is another man's errata. :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #46 on: <09-18-11/1750:15> »
I want a Belt-Fed Nerf Gun.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <09-18-11/1817:16> »
I want a Belt-Fed Nerf Gun.
Vulcan. Standard belt 25 darts, fires at 3 darts per minute. Additional belts are only about US$12 apiece and it's very easy to link them together. Increased rate of fire risks burning out the motor, but that's not that expensive. The only thing I never solved to my satisfaction was increasing the range in a reliable fashion while not being a danger to animals and small children. Nonetheless there's something satisfying in suppressing a doorway for 30 seconds, letting them think you're (finally) out, then having another 30 or so darts to cut down the charge.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #48 on: <09-22-11/0241:40> »
The Viper has crap for RC.  That's its downside.  It can't replace a machine pistol because it can't burst properly.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <09-22-11/1427:13> »
Well it has +2 damage but if you burst it you have an addition +2 damage. :D so 10 Physical damage base hit isn't so bad... that's if you can take the recoil.

Got a question for that, if I duel wield them would I have a -2 to both hands? or is it stacked -4 on both hands for the first bursts?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #50 on: <09-22-11/1619:10> »
Add the Full-auto large mod for 4 slots and as much RC as you can pump into it.
Long burst, short burst, every turn!
 ;D

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <09-22-11/1623:54> »
Add the Full-auto large mod for 4 slots and as much RC as you can pump into it.
Long burst, short burst, every turn!
 ;D
Full auto mod is a small mod for it since it already burst fires. Only 2 slots, so there's lots more room for RC (and other mods, probably).

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <09-22-11/1712:33> »
Pretty sure the class of the gun is what matters, not the modes it already had, but i can check that later.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <09-22-11/1718:18> »
Full auto with a sliver gun? o.O

(imagines sliver's flying down a hallway hitting just about every inch of the wall down the way. XD)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <09-22-11/1721:57> »
Pretty sure the class of the gun is what matters, not the modes it already had, but i can check that later.
Everything else (equipping an SS weapon with an SA mode and vice versa, equipping a BF weapon with an FA mode and vice versa, equipping a BF or FA weapon with an SS or SA mode) is considered a small modification.

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <09-22-11/1727:53> »
So...messes....up.

Add Extended pistol clip or maybe additional clip to this full auto slivergun.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #56 on: <09-23-11/0845:38> »
Forget that.

High Power Chambering.   That would either be a change from 8P(f) +5 AP to 8P -1 AP or 8P(f) +5 AP to 10P +4 AP, depending on how you see the HPC mod working.

But the total amount of RC you can fit into the Viper, is 3.  Weight, personal grip and a stock.  It's no marksman's weapon.  A FA mod would be usefull for suppression only.

As to Zilfer's question about Recoil when firing with guns in each hand, RC penalties and RC compensation only matter for each individual weapon.

So, if you fired a narrow burst with your right hand, and had 2 points of RC in that gun, then that shot would be fully compensated.  If in your next action, you shot with a second gun which also had 2 points of RC, then that shot would also be fully compensated.

If you fired both guns at once, and had no RC, then you would split your dice pools as you choose and apply the individual RC modifiers to each DP separately.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <09-23-11/0915:40> »
High Power Chambering.   That would either be a change from 8P(f) +5 AP to 8P -1 AP or 8P(f) +5 AP to 10P +4 AP, depending on how you see the HPC mod working.
I doupt there are many GM:S who would allow you to HPC mod a gun that can only fire fletchette ammo.
Just start using AP fletchettes that gives you damage code of 8P 0 AP
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <09-23-11/1505:30> »
High Strength recoil for it can make it RC7 at max. If you use those rules. Or you can gyro stabilize it :D

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #59 on: <09-23-11/1557:57> »
My face has a spec. in heavy pistols and made one of these after a few runs. Did the whole shebang with the extended & extra clips and the FA mod. I only had 10 or so dice to shoot it but with me only having one IP most of the time I ended up putting its full auto supressive fire to great use. And yes, each time I i used it I imagined a hail of metal slivers raining down on friend and foe alike.
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.